Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM

407 posts, read 851,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by browngeo View Post
What are some of the bars in Cornelius that you can take your dog ?
The places in Cornelius, Huntersville and Davidson that we have taken our 95lb Labradoodle
Galway Hooker
Rusty Rudder
Max & Erma's
Brixx
Positano's
Starbuck's
Fox & Hound
Corkscrew
Brickhouse.
I am sure there are others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,310 times
Default Lake Homes

[quote=lumbollo;10291329]If you are looking for waterfront on Lake Norman, then I can't really think of any areas that you would want to avoid. With $800K you should be able to find a nice house on the lake with a main

Greetings,
HOw is the lake home prices going? Say for 2 bd 1500 sq ft? Do you know if that includes your own boat dock.. ON Lake Norman.. It is hard to find this info out, with out a realtor trying to get to you or limit the info so they can get to you?

Thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browngeo View Post
What are some of the bars in Cornelius that you can take your dog ?
I haven't really seen dogs in pubs in Cornelius, but I would bet that they are welcomed in places with dining patios outside. They would be Galway Hooker, Lake Town Tavern, Midtown Sundries, Pruchettos, Moes, and possibly others. Give them a call. I think it will be O.K.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:46 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
HOw is the lake home prices going? Say for 2 bd 1500 sq ft? Do you know if that includes your own boat dock.. ON Lake Norman.. It is hard to find this info out, with out a realtor trying to get to you or limit the info so they can get to you?

Thanks
I suggest this, go to the Allen Tate website and use their advance search feature. BTW I do not have any association with AT, I just really like their website. The first thing you will have trouble with is finding a 2 bedroom (1,500 sq ft) home on Lake Norman with a boat dock. You are asking for things that I really don't think exist. Homes on Lake Norman are expensive and nice, even the 3 bedrooms will still be closer the 3,000 sq ft. There may be some lots out their who still have older homes or even trailers on them, if that is what you want I suggest using a realtor to get you answers in the fastest way possible. Good luck!

The other thing to consider is how far up I-77 you are willing to living, the farther north, the less developed the land is.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,039 times
I 2nd the idea of going to Tate website. In fact, our favorite Realtor has her own Tate website. We live near the lake but couldn't afford to live ON the lake. If we could, probably would look seriously at Sterling Pointe or 100 Norman Place (Do a search on those 2 subdivision names to see available homes) If you are in the area, both are located right off 73, just north of Blythe Landing.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
HOw is the lake home prices going? Say for 2 bd 1500 sq ft? Do you know if that includes your own boat dock.. ON Lake Norman.. It is hard to find this info out, with out a realtor trying to get to you or limit the info so they can get to you? Thanks
Home prices are less determined by the house and more determined by the location of the lot. A mobile home on a lot with deep water access, main channel view and permitted for a dock will cost far far more than a 4000 sq ft house located on a shallow cove in the north with a community dock. Any lot like this in Mecklenburg, Lincoln or Iredell south of Mooresville, is going to cost a lot of money these days. Doesn't matter if there is nothing but an outhouse on it.

In the early 80s, there used to be mobile homes on Jetton Rd. (where the Peninsula country club is now) and by the time it was said and done, some of those lots went for a million bucks. Of course the new owners tore down those trailers and built mansions on them. It was a windfall for the people who first went to lake norman and got a lot for $1000 or less.

This is why it is really hard to determine appropriate price online for a waterfront home on lake norman. The specs have little to do with price, its the location. Often times, real estate agents are not that forthcoming with the info unless you sign up with them.

For example, this house, the one in the foreground, is pretty modest other than the big deck, but this lot's location which is right on the main channel at the end of a point is worth a great deal of money.

Last edited by lumbollo; 08-17-2009 at 05:24 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Home prices are less determined by the house and more determined by the location of the lot. A mobile home on a lot with deep water access, main channel view and permitted for a dock will cost far far more than a 4000 sq ft house located on a shallow cove in the north with a community dock. Any lot like this in Mecklenburg, Lincoln or Iredell south of Mooresville, is going to cost a lot of money these days. Doesn't matter if there is nothing but an outhouse on it.

In the early 80s, there used to be mobile homes on Jetton Rd. (where the Peninsula country club is now) and by the time it was said and done, some of those lots went for a million bucks. Of course the new owners tore down those trailers and built mansions on them. It was a windfall for the people who first went to lake norman and got a lot for $1000 or less.

This is why it is really hard to determine appropriate price online for a waterfront home on lake norman. The specs have little to do with price, its the location. Often times, real estate agents are not that forthcoming with the info unless you sign up with them.

For example, this house, the one in the foreground, is pretty modest other than the big deck, but this lot's location which is right on the main channel at the end of a point is worth a great deal of money.

Greetings,

Thanks so much to all who sent there info. I really do appreciate it. That picture is just beautiful. It reminds me of Lake of the Ozarks in MO. and the same story of devlopments. Were coming out of a large house now and down sizing as empty nesters. Mansions are out for us, were pretty simple people, who does not want to take care of big house and yard anymore.

I see that there is alot of gated communities around Lake Royale and Harris. Driving will be around the Raliegh area for hubby to work.

Have you heard of a company called HELP U SELL? They help you buy or sale with out jumpin thru a bunch of hoops. Wonder if there is one there?We would even consider a rental for awhile so we could look around different areas. So if you hear of one - let us know.

Everybody have a blessed day
Sandy

Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 AM

156 posts, read 407,680 times
We have lived in Cornelius for 10 years, and we love it!! We, too, really like the fact that it is lake living but still close to Charlotte. There is also Mountain Island Lake, which is actually the closest lake to uptown Charlotte, and still only about 15 minutes or so from the Lake Norman area. My husband is a custom (mostly waterfront) homebuilder who would be happy to talk to you about living on the different lakes in the Charlotte area. (He builds on all three.) Feel free to send me a DM if you would like his contact info.

Good luck to you!!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Maybe I am missing something, but if you need to be in the Raleigh area next year, you don't want to be building on Lake Norman. Raleigh is easily a 3 hour drive East of here. (maybe around 185 miles) You want to be looking at something like Falls Lake or Jordan Lake.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM

Smile OPPPPPPPssssssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but if you need to be in the Raleigh area next year, you don't want to be building on Lake Norman. Raleigh is easily a 3 hour drive East of here. (maybe around 185 miles) You want to be looking at something like Falls Lake or Jordan Lake.
Greetings,

I was going by what advice I had been given. Should of looked at the map.

Nobody mention Jordan or Falls Lake to me when I was snoopin around Raliegh area.

Still enjoyed the picture it was refreshing to see.
Thanks for all of your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte