Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times

Advertisements

You have to understand that pesticides are tools, just like wrenches are tools, etc. Just having pesticide doesn't make one a Pest Control Technician, anymore than owning a hammer makes one a Carpenter or owning a wrench makes one a Mechanic. Certain pesticides work better than others at certain tasks. And application is important with all of them. And finally, very few of the pesticides that are labelled to be used in your house have a rapid knockdown. Sometimes it may take 15 - 20 minutes for a spider or insect to die after being exposed to a lethal dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Funny thing is, we had just had the exterminator in... the spider seemed completely immune to whatever he used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM

71 posts, read 239,153 times
We had an exterminator come to our apartment last year b/c we had spiders. She told us that spraying for spiders doesn't do any good b/c the pesticide only gets on their legs and they don't clean their legs so they don't usually ingest the pesticide. She said the best way to get rid of them is to use a broom in the corners and baseboards to knock down the webs. Is this correct?? I really hope not!

Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Definitely wasn't a crickett (although I have seen those too). I am pretty sure it was a wolf spider...my concern now is my cat who doesn't have the sense to leave these suckers alone. Funny thing is, we had just had the exterminator in... the spider seemed completely immune to whatever he used.
At least your cat tries to go after bugs. My cat just sits and stares and that's how I know something is around! But at least she does that. Other I would be oblivious to half the stuff around here.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
You have to understand that pesticides are tools, just like wrenches are tools, etc. Just having pesticide doesn't make one a Pest Control Technician, anymore than owning a hammer makes one a Carpenter or owning a wrench makes one a Mechanic. Certain pesticides work better than others at certain tasks. And application is important with all of them. And finally, very few of the pesticides that are labelled to be used in your house have a rapid knockdown. Sometimes it may take 15 - 20 minutes for a spider or insect to die after being exposed to a lethal dose.
Makes sense, I truthfully never had any interest in killing spiders because I know they are beneficial ...but this giant mutant one jumping and charging through the living room was something else. Thanks for your help :-)

Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 AM

248 posts, read 721,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Again, why did I click on this post??? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
I clicked.. after I saw that this thread doesnt show the "paper clip" icon to state that it has attachment.. I didnt realize there could be pictures in the thread & the thread title doesnt have to mention the attachment icon..

Old 08-19-2009, 11:14 AM

No, this isn't correct. Sounds like a good attempt at a poor excuse.....LOL. Not all pesticides have to be "ingested"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanrx View Post
We had an exterminator come to our apartment last year b/c we had spiders. She told us that spraying for spiders doesn't do any good b/c the pesticide only gets on their legs and they don't clean their legs so they don't usually ingest the pesticide. She said the best way to get rid of them is to use a broom in the corners and baseboards to knock down the webs. Is this correct?? I really hope not!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM

71 posts, read 239,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
No, this isn't correct. Sounds like a good attempt at a poor excuse.....LOL. Not all pesticides have to be "ingested"!
Good!! Thanks!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
i have 2 kids and one bein an 18month old. should i be concerned cuz my husband just found one tonight comin out by his computer desk.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:05 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned_mom View Post
i have 2 kids and one bein an 18month old. should i be concerned cuz my husband just found one tonight comin out by his computer desk.
no cause for concern.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Which one did he find comin out by his computer desk? The 18 month old or the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned_mom View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte