Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 PM

12 posts, read 37,562 times

Advertisements

I need some help/input.

I have been looking for homes for the past 7 months. I have specifically been focused on 3 Kb home neighborhoods.

My questions is- all 3 communitys have dropped their prices significantly in a matter of 2 months. Im talking $20000 to $50000!!!! Is this a good or bad thing??? Am I going to lose equity in a KB Home like all of the other people who have bought in the last 2 years?

Also, The Sales Reps I have talked to, in ALL 3 COMMUNITIES have disapeared!!!!! What is going on?? THis cant be good???

I really like KBs floor plans and I like the communities, and truth be told, they are in my price range.

I dont know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 PM

70 posts, read 350,473 times
the homes are built like crap from what i heard. they go cheap on the materials and the laborer are lucky to be legal. you wont have an architect and then they subcontract everything else on the house

stay away

Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 PM

249 posts, read 875,787 times
What neighborhoods are you looking at? I live in berewick and am annoyed with the price drops. I wish they would use incentives like no closing costs or free upgrades rather than hurt those of us that already purchased by lowering prices. KB is selling the model I am in for 25k less than I paid a year ago... very frustrating.

And yes, they have a LOT of employee turnover.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM

I was looking at Berewick! I really like it there. I was very frustrated because I had a really good relationship with the sales girl there and next thing I knew she was gone! And then the prices dropped. In a way thats good for me, but I am also looking at longterm investment.

You must be so upset by your equity.

I also was looking at Hamilton Lakes and St Johns (havent decided if I want Union County)

Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM

255 posts, read 886,213 times
Ok check this out, here is a question for you guys.

I am building in Berewick. 2 months into construction with KB Homes.

The base price on my house has dropped 20k! From 197k to 177k. Will I pay 177 or 197 on close??

I am at work so I do not have the preapproval contract in front of me.

I love the home and am happy with everything so far, but why should I have to pay 197 when someone can literally build right beside me the exact same house for 20k less (and the only difference is us being 2-3 months apart in closing)? That does not seem fair..

Will KB refund the difference?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:44 PM

I hate to tell you. But your going to pay $197. And no, they will not refund you.

Thats why I am so confused. I just dont understand why they are doing this. And I do not see any other builder doing anything remotely like this.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 PM

Well screw that..I will walk, I will lose 6k earnest money but thats better than 20+
lol

I am waiting on the sales rep to contact me.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM

Will they give you your money back? What if you cancelled and re-bought at the new sales price?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteinfoseeker View Post
Will they give you your money back? What if you cancelled and re-bought at the new sales price?
Thats exact what I will do.

If they will not refund. I will walk, lose 6.5 then buy the exact same freaking house for 20k less..

They will have to refund me at least 10k.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 PM

249 posts, read 875,787 times
I dont get it either, all the other builders in berewick are raising prices. As far as sales turnover, from what I have heard they reduced the commission the reps were making earlier this year significantly.

I have a hunch (and thats all it is) that kb is trying to sell off quickly and get out of the neighborhood... no idea why they would do that but I have also heard that they sold the land that was supposed to be Aberdeen village.

Have you looked at the McCar homes? In hindsight I would have gone with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte