Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:41 AM

525 posts, read 1,807,778 times

Advertisements

Spectraside Fire Ant Killer..orange bag..works great..also keeping your lawn thick with grass and not filled with weeds helps too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,981,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident View Post
Spectraside Fire Ant Killer..orange bag..works great..also keeping your lawn thick with grass and not filled with weeds helps too.

Writing this down

Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 PM

525 posts, read 1,807,778 times
it might be spectracide..either way easy to find Good luck! Be glad we dont' have no seeum's or sand fleas or whatever u want to call them like they have in the "lowcountry" Hilton head/beaufort SC area.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,797 times
The down town area is a wonderful city scene, and the city is growing,
but not fast enough.

Ride beyond the tourist scene and decide for yourself.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-06-2007 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: OP looking for why people love charlotte not hate it, stick to topic

Old 08-18-2007, 07:46 AM

12 posts, read 25,359 times
Wow - I don't have ants OR any more spiders than anywhere else (NJ, for example! Spider country, at least at my house!) We have had cicadas recently, some crickets and, of course, the occasional "palmetto bug" (haha).
Not so much in the house, maybe in the garage. And my cats will bring in the odd cicada. Boy, we had some fire ants in Dallas, and they were killer!!

Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 PM

21 posts, read 57,493 times
I hate bugs as much as the next person!! Sorry for your ant/ spider problesm

It's great to hear all the opinions of Charlotte.

Question:
Along the lines of...do you love Charlotte? If I were thinking of relocating my family from No. Calif. to either Charlotte or Raleigh, which do you reccomend and why? Specifically, the suburbs - where we'd raise our two young boys....how do the two areas compare in terms of schools, infrastructure, etc. Thanks...

Old 08-28-2007, 07:19 AM

19 posts, read 86,842 times
Thumbs up Charlotte: what's not to love?

I have lived in Ohio, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and now North Carolina. I am so glad to have made so many memories while getting to know each area. However, I have to admit I love it here best. Sure I miss the ethnicity of Cleveland, the majestic Rockies, and Tex-Mex--but the living is so much easier here. You have all the amenities--and I mean all--and sunny mild weather--and access to the mountains and the beaches. And 1 out of 4 people here are transplants so I do not feel like an outsider. Every city has its personality--won't it be fun to figure out Charlotte's? Whatever you decide, I am excited for you, good luck!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM

238 posts, read 568,972 times
I've been here 5 months. So far this is what I like:

The people. Everyone is so friendly. It's shocking to me. I'm used to rudeness. lol
The weather, while it has been really hot the nights more than make up for it. It's very cool and there is always a nice breeze.
The trees. Everywhere you look there are beautiful tress of all colors.
The roads are great. Lots of trees in the dividing lane make driving a nicer experience.
Traffic is not bad, but that's relative. It really depends on where you are coming from. I lived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I-95 traffic is a nightmare.

Dislikes
There isn't as much to do here as there was in Fort Lauderdale. Every weekend my husband and I look through the event guide to see what's going on in the area. Usually not much. So that's a bit of a letdown. Hopefully it's just a lull.

There are many high traffic roads that are only one or two lanes. That can be annoying.

Traffic lights seems to have no rhyme or reason. It's annoying.

That's about it. We'll see how winter goes.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,638,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
I've been here 5 months. So far this is what I like:

The people. Everyone is so friendly. It's shocking to me. I'm used to rudeness. lol
The weather, while it has been really hot the nights more than make up for it. It's very cool and there is always a nice breeze.
The trees. Everywhere you look there are beautiful tress of all colors.
The roads are great. Lots of trees in the dividing lane make driving a nicer experience.
Traffic is not bad, but that's relative. It really depends on where you are coming from. I lived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I-95 traffic is a nightmare.

Dislikes
There isn't as much to do here as there was in Fort Lauderdale. Every weekend my husband and I look through the event guide to see what's going on in the area. Usually not much. So that's a bit of a letdown. Hopefully it's just a lull.

There are many high traffic roads that are only one or two lanes. That can be annoying.

Traffic lights seems to have no rhyme or reason. It's annoying.

That's about it. We'll see how winter goes.
Sometimes you got to look deeper or with more of open mind. There always something to go check out that not an event.
Explore one of the many suggestion of things to do in the Newcomer Guide to Charlotte Area for Useful Information & Services

Also check various newspapers I notice creative loafing offerings are different than charlotte observer.

Also the mountains is always fun to explore and it can be done in a day trip from Charlotte. I have made this trek quite a few times . I leave about 8 arrive around 11 enjoy things around mountains for 7 hours then about 6 or 7 I head back home and arrive back around 9 p.m.

Feel free to post anytime on these threads you two are bored and need a suggestion for something to do and Im sure you will get responses.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM

71 posts, read 287,677 times
I love all the shopping in Charlotte. I'm a girl who likes to shop and I can assure you that there's better shopping here than in L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte