Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 PM

905 posts, read 3,455,412 times

Advertisements

I agree with the Craigslist suggestions. I started posting that the other day and the phone rang and I did not finish the post. On CL you will find owners trying to rent their properties. I went to CL and did some research as was a little surprised how many rentals were $900 and up. I saw a few for less but not much. Keep looking there are lots of basic brick duplexes scattered around Charlottes older neighborhoods they tend to be a little cheaper than big apt. complexes. I used to work at the airport and lots of people worked here but lived elsewhere thanks to their flight benefits but they usually rented a room from a coworker during the work week and went home on their days off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,915,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
Hahaha. Someone gave me negative rep for the post where I said my account is not permitted to give negative rep. Now that's friendly, I tell you what.
Ugh, what is wrong with people??? Abusing the rep system is ridiculous!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:15 PM

17 posts, read 82,797 times
Well in any case, finding a really cheap apartment is a must. The job I have in Charlotte is only temporary, so I need to conserve most of my money to help support my family back home.

So, safety aside, where are the cheap apartments? And no, the hood doesn't bother me.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,018 times
I already advised that you should look into the long stay hotels. since you travel alot, you coud save some $$ and have the piece of mind that you wouldn't be broken into if your away on a business trip.

I know some 'seedy' places where right is $500 or below -

there's socialserve.net which lists low cost house and what area's they are located in. Good luck with your affordable house hunt.,

Old 06-13-2007, 08:47 PM

17 posts, read 82,797 times
When its time to buy a home, we would be looking in the 200K plus range. But until I move up my family, I need to be as cheap as possible on myself to avoid being a burden. A long stay hotel would be nice, but it won't work since I'll spend 80% or more of my time in Charlotte.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Look up and call Sunset Village Townhouses.

I stayed there when I didnt know nothing about Charlotte in the 90's and I had no problems. It might be great for you since it located within 5 minutes to the airport. I rarely was waken by airplanes since they are mostly landing above the place verses taking off.

The location even though it on west side it surrounded by industrial, hotels, Cracker Barrel and highway providing less than normal rift raft as other areas might provide.

It looks like by the photos on forrent website that they have been remodeled and looks like they now have a pool something I didnt have.

You can always drive your car to airport and park in long term and it is only 3 bucks a day for security and peace of mind.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
All of those are fantastic neighborhoods if your goal is to be whacked.

It's been awhile since I came back and read this forum but LOL your response cracked me up.

Soprano's at it's best.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 AM

201 posts, read 804,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post

I'm using apartmentratings.com for my research. Not sure how reliable it really is.
This is not a reliable source. I can say this because I am in the property management business and I've had personal experience with this site for many years, and so have many of my colleagues. We've all see both sides of this and it truly is not a site that I would ever recommend someone use to find a place to live.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
All of those are fantastic neighborhoods if your goal is to be whacked.

It's been awhile since I came back and read this forum but LOL your response cracked me up.

Soprano's at it's best.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,201 times
hey can someone help me out im lookin for 2bdroom around $400-$550, im a single mom of 2 little boys and i have been searching forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte