Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:18 PM

17 posts, read 82,809 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the cheapest apartment I can find in Charlotte, NC, as I will be moving there about a year and a half before my wife and son. Since we'll still have our home in our previous city until my family is ready to move, I need to keep costs down as low as possible so I am not a burden on my wife and son's standard of living. Crime doesn't scare me as I currently live in a city with a crime index around 3.9 times the national average, so Charlotte's 2 times the national average crime index is a great improvement. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 04:25 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,915,484 times
Dude, be careful what you ask for. You can get an apt. in the hood for $400. How do I know this? There was a rape and murder there and I saw the $400/mo sign on the news.

Call the Fairington apts in SouthPark. Because they are older, they run great specials especially on ground floor units. Great location and you won't be murdered.
fairington apartments loc: Charlotte, NC - Google Maps

Old 06-05-2007, 05:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
I am looking for the cheapest apartment I can find in Charlotte, NC, as I will be moving there about a year and a half before my wife and son. Since we'll still have our home in our previous city until my family is ready to move, I need to keep costs down as low as possible so I am not a burden on my wife and son's standard of living. Crime doesn't scare me as I currently live in a city with a crime index around 3.9 times the national average, so Charlotte's 2 times the national average crime index is a great improvement. Any suggestions?
Yeah you don't want to be in a bad area. If you get murdered what good will you be to your family......None!

Call The Landings in Huntersville. It's pretty cheap here.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:17 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,998 times
Charlotte Woods is ok too. Not the best neighborhood in town, but wouldn't consider it in the Hood. Thing about that place are the apartments are old,
so they're huge. And most importantly? Most of your utilities are included.
There are single women who live there, so it isn't quite all that bad. I wouldn't walk around the parking lot at night or anything, but they're safe enough. Off Woodlawn Rd on Scaleybark (Woodlawn runs off Park Rd) Each building has it's own laundry center on the bottom floor.

Toll free 888-677-0544 Lease 6 mos or 12 mos 200.00 deposit.

Sounds like this would be perfect for you.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM

174 posts, read 196,541 times
Do you really want to live in the cheapest apartment? If so, why not just stay in the uptown homeless shelter?

Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yeah you don't want to be in a bad area. If you get murdered what good will you be to your family......None!
I'm worth between 800K and 900K to my family depending on how I die, so they'd be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBreakdance View Post
Do you really want to live in the cheapest apartment?
Not literally the cheapest. I found this one for $300 called the Britanny, but I'm sure its too hood for me.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
I'm worth between 800K and 900K to my family depending on how I die, so they'd be alright.

Money isn't everything, I'm sure they'd prefer you still here

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM

What areas are super hood so I'll know to steer clear of those?

Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 PM

174 posts, read 196,541 times
Quote:
Money isn't everything, I'm sure they'd prefer you still here
Don't be so sure. $800k is a lot of money.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Fairington apts in SouthPark.
$680 a month, 47% rating. That "Southpark tax" is killer.

Quote:
The Landings in Huntersville.
$510 a month, 45% rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Charlotte Woods
$540 a month, 74% rating.

I'm using apartmentratings.com for my research. Not sure how reliable it really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte