Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM

79 posts, read 159,202 times

Advertisements

I've run into Yancey Thigpen a few times in South Charlotte for some of you Steelers fans out there. Great guy. Very down to earth as well. I recently heard that Kid Rock bought property on Lake Norman and is building a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,981 times
Why anyone would live in a city only three hundred feet above sea level is beyond me, with red dust and pollution covering the area like a blanket smog...

Old 07-25-2015, 02:51 AM

372 posts, read 722,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelakita View Post
Why anyone would live in a city only three hundred feet above sea level is beyond me, with red dust and pollution covering the area like a blanket smog...
Another 1 post wonder shows up, bumps a 4 y/o thread and spouts things she obviously has no idea about. Red dust and blanket smog? Charlotte has its problems, but this is far from being one of them. Pretty much shows you're not from here or have a vision problem.

I did find this gem within the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Dell Curry used to live in Belingrath right beside my best friend growing up. My friends dad built a few homes in the development and was and still is well known. Dell's kids were tiny little midgets and dropped 3 pointers all day long over me. Great family they are.
And now the NBA's MVP and on the league's Championship Team for 2015. Pretty neat when you think how far Seth Curry has come.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:32 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelakita View Post
Why anyone would describe Charlotte that way is beyond me.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:16 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post
Another 1 post wonder shows up, bumps a 4 y/o thread and spouts things she obviously has no idea about. Red dust and blanket smog? Charlotte has its problems, but this is far from being one of them. Pretty much shows you're not from here or have a vision problem.

I did find this gem within the thread:

And now the NBA's MVP and on the league's Championship Team for 2015. Pretty neat when you think how far Seth Curry has come.
You mean Steph Curry, Seth is his brother.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:20 PM

372 posts, read 722,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
You mean Steph Curry, Seth is his brother.
Had a long day.

Yes, I meant Steph. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:34 PM

82 posts, read 187,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post
I'm going to guess that since this is a thread about celebrities in the Charlotte area, the poster found a post somewhere in the thread---I'm not going to check it; it's 85 posts long---talking about the fact that many celebrities live in LA. LA's elevation is about 300 feet. Charlotte's elevation is about 750 feet. And LA has smog.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,493 times
I believe Michael Jordan has a lakefront home on Lake Norman in Cornelius now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte