Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 10:54 PM

21 posts, read 48,743 times

Advertisements

I took my physical july 2nd. Multi Skilled Maintenance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 03:48 PM

10 posts, read 24,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genogin View Post
I took my physical july 2nd. Multi Skilled Maintenance.
Do you know what department? I had physical back in march for multi skilled and have not heard anything yet. At the time they made me a conditional job offer and I have since passed both the physical and background check.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenman View Post
Do you know what department? I had physical back in march for multi skilled and have not heard anything yet. At the time they made me a conditional job offer and I have since passed both the physical and background check.
I was told I would be working in the body shop.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:58 PM

10 posts, read 24,591 times
Thanks

Old 08-30-2010, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,819 times
Volkswagen has been interviewing candidates from outside the region as well. I went through a phone interview and traveled to TN for a face to face interview, as well as an assessment. The assesment lasted about half a day and basically simulated a work environment and my responses to various situations. In my opinion, these assessments really aren't reflective of how well an employee one may be. My interview went very well, however I'm very disappointed with the feedback (or lack thereof) from Volkswagen Group of America. I've heard nothing since my interview and have been waiting several months to be reimbursed for my travel expenditures. It only took Honda of America three weeks to reimburse me for the travel expenses related to my interview with them. I keep on getting the run around from the VW HR employees as well. All I can say is, if these are the people that were chosen to work for VW-Chattanooga; I'd only hope the quality of the vehicles they manufacture is much better. I'm very disappoinjted with the interview and hiring process.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
They may be interviewing out of the area for management, but hourly line workers have to be filled locally first. It was part of the incentive to get VW to build here.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM

15 posts, read 36,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherthunder View Post
I guess it's just that people don't like playing the waiting game for a job. A month or two is ok, but 7 or 8? It's been 6 for me next week, so I'm still a little restless.

Meanwhile, I know of a lady I work with who was tested, hired, and already training in the plant. Problem? She was a lazy, good for nothing employee at our retail store. Plus, she was tested and hired within a 2 month period.

Needless to say, I do feel others pain.
Just an update on that girl I know who was hired. She told me yesterday that she was sent home early from the plant due to too many people trying to train. VW told her that it could be up to 3 months before they bring her back in.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM

punisherthunder was she production?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM

15 posts, read 36,930 times
Yep. She went for a week for all the basic paperwork and things and then was told she would be back in around 3 months. She was upset because she quit her job for that one! So now she has 3 months of unemployment!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,510 times
Finally I got the call to start the process for the multi skill position.Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on my progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga