Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 AM

125 posts, read 381,023 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for your valuable information. It's something I didn't know about. I thought we'd be on our own. I'm sure we have a Head Start program here. I'll be checking into it.

Refade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 05:04 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,366 times
I'm glad you found the information helpful. There is no reason you have to be on your own. Just remember it's Early Head Start that provides services to pregnant women and children from birth to three. Head Start serves children from three to five.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
What area were you hoping to find a doctor? That might help people give recommendations.
The OP mentioned she is in the south suburbs.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refade View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I read a thread similar to what I'm asking on a thread in Texas. I live in the south suburbs. A mother of three wonderful girls and have been married for almost 20 years. My youngest daughter of 15 told us a few weeks ago that she is pregnant. Since it has been a few weeks now my husband, daughters and I have got angry, cried, felt sorry for ourselves and cried some more. We are now learning to accept it and have tried to do everything we can to work with the situation instead of against it. The father of the baby is a hardworking, productive young man, not a dead beat who sits at home all day playing video games all day and not having a clue. He's got a lot to learn but he's not running and has pledged to not only take care of the baby financially and emotionally - he has a place in my daughter's heart. As a family, despite their bad judgement-we like the guy. My question is -does anyone know of a kind and compassionate OB/GYN that has experience working with pregnant teens? We took her to a doctor recommended by a friend who treated her like a leper. I couldn't go in the room with her while she was being examined for the first time, and after spending a total of 10 minutes with us, she proceeded to turn us into DCFS because the father of the baby is 18 ( he turned 18 about a month after the baby was conceived ). Luckily the accusations were deemed unfounded and no charges were filed. We can now continue to deal with the situation at hand. And help and guide our daughter and her boyfriend to be the best parents they can possibly be - although it won'r be easy.
I've been hunting the internet, trying to find information that will lead to a doctor who can be respectful and give this already scared child the medical treatment she deserves without passing judgement upon her.
I am trying not to think of this as a mistake. Afterall, God doesn't make mistakes, and he gave us this new life for a reason. I'm open to any suggestions or information you may have.
REPLY:

Any Crisis Pregnancy Center will help your daughter with becoming a responsible Mother , will provided alot of one on one counselling, clothes, food, and many other needs for someone in her current position. Just look up in the phone book your nearest CPC . They have trained compassionate people and your daughter will be in good caring hands. [mod cut]

Last edited by aragx6; 06-27-2008 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,447 times
PS. Any CPC will know of a good OBGYN in your area.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the info - but please read the whole thread.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,366 times
Any updates refade? How are you and your family doing now that a little more time has passed and you have been looking into services?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 AM

Things have settled down a bit. We do have an appointment with a new OB/Gyn that was recommended by her pediatrician. I called several times and the people there seemed highly respectful of the situation. I will be meeting with the doctor prior to her being examined. I got a name from emmies contact but unfortunately they didn't have an opening for her until Sept. and the receptionist was not very receptive. First impressions are everything. Anyway, Life goes on, as our middle daughter just had major surgery on her jaw last Monday. More attention has been shifted toward her recovery, and less focused on the other's pregnancy, especially since she's feeling so much better as her morning sickness has subsided a bit. Thanks so much for your concern. I'll let you know how the appointment goes.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 AM

Also, with everything going on otherwise, I haven't been able to look too much into Early Head Start. The closest I have found in our area is Joliet and Evanston.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:10 PM

23 posts, read 73,099 times
refade - I apologize if you have mentioned this and I missed it, but have you thought about adoption as an option? I work with the kindest, sweetest woman who, along with her husband, has tried everything to become parents to no avail. They recently decided to adopt - and I have to tell you, it will be a blessed baby to have them as parents! If this has at all crossed your minds, please send me a pm and I can give you her information. Bless you and your family either way -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs