Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Barber Shop filmed on the South Side (Woodlawn I think?)

This website lays out the numerous Chicago spots where The Color of Money was filmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
Noone mentioned High Fidelity! It was filmed in Wicker Park and parts of Logan Square (I'm probably missing some other hoods) there is a shot of John Cusak under the California Blue Line stop , right down the street from where I used to live!
Other High Fidelity filming locations include:

Lincoln Park, where he goes to see Marie De Salle at Lounge Ax which used to be right across the street from the Biograph (prominently shown); additionally, while Rob's record shop is in Wicker Park (as the exterior shots make clear enough), the interior scenes were filmed at the former Hi-Fi records on Clark and Diversey.

Uptown, where he's moping into his beer at the Green Mill; and where he introduces Breakup #2 (Penny Hardwick) while standing on the Red Line Wilson platform;

North Center, where the outdoor high school scenes are shot on the front lawn of Lane Tech;

Jackson Park (I think), where Rob and Sarah both lament being dumped while walking along the lake shore and then start sucking face;

Ukranian Village, where he proposes to Laura at Rainbo Club;

Lakeview, where Rob and Penny go to a movie at Music Box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 PM

94 posts, read 466,907 times
How can you guys forget LUCAS. Filmed in the best suburb of chicago and my hometown stomping grounds...glen ellyn. if im not mistaken this was winona rider's (sp) first movie, it also featured charlie sheen.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

This website lays out the numerous Chicago spots where The Color of Money was filmed.

Other High Fidelity filming locations include:

Lincoln Park, where he goes to see Marie De Salle at Lounge Ax which used to be right across the street from the Biograph (prominently shown); additionally, while Rob's record shop is in Wicker Park (as the exterior shots make clear enough), the interior scenes were filmed at the former Hi-Fi records on Clark and Diversey.

Uptown, where he's moping into his beer at the Green Mill; and where he introduces Breakup #2 (Penny Hardwick) while standing on the Red Line Wilson platform;

North Center, where the outdoor high school scenes are shot on the front lawn of Lane Tech;

Jackson Park (I think), where Rob and Sarah both lament being dumped while walking along the lake shore and then start sucking face;

Ukranian Village, where he proposes to Laura at Rainbo Club;

Lakeview, where Rob and Penny go to a movie at Music Box

man, High Fidelity is only my favorite movie, ever, and I haven't watched it since I've been in Chicago, so I never knew what was where. I think I need to do that soon.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
There was a lot of griping in the UK when High Fidelity came out that it was not set in London. I suppose that's a fair complaint, but there's no way that John Cusack and Steve Pink (the two parties primarily responsible for the screen adaptation) could have told the story as lovingly as they did without adapting it to their home town. The story is as much about the city and how the characters interact with it as it is about how the characters interact with each other. The movie is as much an ode to the city as it is to the characters. Cusack is still known to hang out in Wicker Park/Bucktown every now and then when he's back in town.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
I just thought of Ali. Will Smith jogged down 79th street and appeared at other locations in Chicago.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM

131 posts, read 659,516 times
Also, the movie, "Wicker Park"

This was partially filmed in Canada, partially filmed in Chicago starring Josh Hartnett.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:12 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Oh yeah. Batman is all over the Loop. They filmed in the lobby of the building where I work.

As for movies, here are the 1579 that appear on imdb.com. (... and TV shows. The TV shows are first.)

Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
There is a movie on right now on ABC called Surviving Christmas. I recognized right away that the scene I saw about 30 seconds of was filmed in Chicago or the burbs. I checked IMDB and it was confirmed.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM

242 posts, read 1,002,211 times
Movie "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp.

Also, movie "Hoodlum" with Laurence Fishburne. Hoodlum was filmed between Cermak Road & 23rd Street, Michigan Avenue & Near South Side. Actually was Downtown the day they were filming "Hoodlum" and got a chance to see Laurence Fishburne & Vanessa L. Williams on the set.

Last edited by PacificWest; 11-29-2009 at 05:37 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
save the last dance was shot somewhere in bronzeeville
hardball was shot on the west side at the gace abbot homes
prison break during the first season was shot it joliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
they shot the barbershop on 79th & exchange(south shore/south chicago)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago