Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:37 AM

588 posts, read 1,799,699 times

Advertisements

I don't think he's afraid of "getting his girl stolen", I believe he's getting sick of watching pieces of trash walking around like they think they own everything that is within their eyesight.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:49 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
I don't think he's afraid of "getting his girl stolen", I believe he's getting sick of watching pieces of trash walking around like they think they own everything that is within their eyesight.
That was only the first paragraph. Try reading it again, please.

I actually got what he was saying until I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWalk View Post
I had to watch what I would guess, from the way he was dressed and carrying himself, was a gangbanger in his early 30s gangbanger breakdance and make eyes at my girlfriend on the El while we are on the way to dinner.

I guess that's how you roll when you don't have the requisite IQ to get a job at Home Depot or CVS.
He had to watch as this gangbanger LOOKED AT HIS GIRLFRIEND! *gasp*

Why did you sit back and watch if you had such a problem with the looking?

Last edited by urza216; 07-31-2011 at 01:00 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 12:59 AM

Being a little dramatic aren't we? Why you keep talking about someone getting shot for this? Is a simple matter of acting civilized and what the OP posted I think is fairly clear the point he was expressing. There's a difference between a guy sneaking a glance at a good looking girl and acting with some respect. The second is a man looking at a girl like she's some piece of meat and he can have it if he wants it. I'll leave it up to the OP to discuss further what he saw, but if it was the 2nd then that's the mentality of what I'm talking about.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Being a little dramatic aren't we? Why you keep talking about someone getting shot for this? Is a simple matter of acting civilized and what the OP posted I think is fairly clear the point he was expressing. There's a difference between a guy sneaking a glance at a good looking girl and acting with some respect. The second is a man looking at a girl like she's some piece of meat and he can have it if he wants it. I'll leave it up to the OP to discuss further what he saw, but if it was the 2nd then that's the mentality of what I'm talking about.
Who are you talking about here? It's awfully over-dramatic to be so upset about a guy looking at your girlfriend that you post about it on City-Data.

You have no idea how the second man looked at his girlfriend. The poster simply said that was upset that the second man "made eyes" at his girlfriend. Nothing about looking at her like a piece of meat or whatever. Your narrative is an embellishment of what poster said. All the poster said was that he was upset that he "made eyes" at his girlfriend. You're assuming it was more than that. But that's it. The dude looked at his girlfriend. Awfully territorial, don't you think? And it's not very civilized to get angry because someone looked at your girlfriend. It's animalistic.

When you're talking to witnesses, do you add to their stories like this a lot, Officer Jim? I'm still skeptical that you're even a police officer behind that computer screen..

Last edited by urza216; 07-31-2011 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 01:12 AM

Nope I don't think it's "territorial" if you think someone is treating, showing or implying disrespect to the one you love or to yourself. What the poster wrote obviously implies that this guy was not doing it in a respectful way. I'm not going to bicker back and forth. I'll let the poster explain further and clarify. But Urza, as a hypothetical, let's say if you were with someone that you loved and you felt that it was done in an inappropriate way, would you have no feelings about this? I'm not saying you would shoot, bludgeon or shank the guy, but would the hair not go up on the back of your neck and make you pay more attention to make sure he didn't try to take something a step further? Obviously if a man is outwardly making "eyes" to a woman that is in the company of a man, that is already challenging that man's standing.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Nope I don't think it's "territorial" if you think someone is treating, showing or implying disrespect to the one you love or to yourself. What the poster wrote obviously implies that this guy was not doing it in a respectful way. I'm not going to bicker back and forth. I'll let the poster explain further and clarify. But Urza, as a hypothetical, let's say if you were with someone that you loved and you felt that it was done in an inappropriate way, would you have no feelings about this? I'm not saying you would shoot, bludgeon or shank the guy, but would the hair not go up on the back of your neck and make you pay more attention to make sure he didn't try to take something a step further? Obviously if a man is outwardly making "eyes" to a woman that is in the company of a man, that is already challenging that man's standing.
You are still assuming that there was actual disrespect in the way the dude looked at his girlfriend. And that he wasn't just being territorial about a "bad boy" looking at his girlfriend. Why are you giving this poster the benefit of the doubt? Is it because he shares your distaste for gangbangers? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Do you make these kind of assumptions when you're talking to witnesses, Officer Jim?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 AM

You are so full of liberal garbage half the time it makes me ill with your assumptions and how you jump to conclusions. You consider gangbangers your "friends", enjoy the company. Why shouldn't I give the poster the benefit of the doubt? Like I've written twice I hope the poster comes back to clarify. What is the problem with him being "territorial" if a gangbanger was looking at his girl. Call me old fashioned but I still believe it's the man's job to keep any female in his prescence safe and free of harassment. No matter it being a wife, girlfriend, mother, sister or daughter. Spare me the crap too of tying this in with my job. Funny you haven't answered my question of would you be protective of someone you loved. Is your non answer your answer? Do you even understand the meaning of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Clearly you don't because this is the improper usage. What the poster wrote I like and agree with.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 AM

Default I eat three square meals of garbage a day, actually. You are right about THAT :)

Officer Jim,

I'm sorry but I stopped reading after the beginning of your first sentence. No matter how full of liberal gargbage I am, it doesn't make my argument any less right or any more wrong. I don't have time for this. I read all of your other posts on this thread thoroughly though - The civilized ones.

The bottom line is that I know some guys are idiots and will go crazy if you merely glance at their girlfriend. Guys get paranoid, crazy, jealous and outraged over what they THINK is going on. There is no reason to ever assume that there was actual disrespect when a guy you know nothing about (other than that he disdains gangbangers) is angry that another guy "made eyes" at his girlfriend. I'm pretty sure a real police officer who has seen it all would understand this too.

It's not a crime to look at a pretty girl - even if she is with another man. If this is a plague upon Chicago then Chicago must be a very safe city.

Last edited by urza216; 07-31-2011 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: added a title

Old 07-31-2011, 03:22 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times
Quote:
I don't know if the crime is out of control...but after a day spent riding the El, walking along the lake and walking down Clark I would say the "do uche baginess" is out of control.

The youths are out in full force this summer, whooping it up, shouting, refusing to get out of the way when walking twelve abreast, harassing people, dancing like mentally challenged people on the El (most likely high)...

It's just scary that so many people, even young people, are so ****ing dumb.
Walking 12 abreast heck that would intimidate the most courageous person
Sure hate to hear this.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
This isn't "young people having fun." It's "young men getting a vicarious thrill trying to intimidate those around them," and since they walk around in groups of 12 with gym shorts or whatever the **** it is tied around their heads without shirts and tatoos all over yelling obscenitites and basically announcing to the world that they are losers, they largely succeed.
Gym shorts? Ignorance isn't funny. They're clearly not gym shorts so why would you say something like this? Are you talking about du rags? It's a pretty common style among young black men - not just among gangbangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago