Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2023, 04:04 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,254,543 times

Advertisements

Hello, is everyone staying cool and having fun?

I made Taste of Polonia. There was a shuttle from an Irish School, in Mayfair Park neighborhood....Always nice to make acquaintance... At the fest, I watched and cheered for my friend, Master/Sensei Jerry Weiss' Gen-Ki Karate demonstration.... On the shuttle back, some people were discussing the Cubs/Brewers game. One woman wanted me kicked off when I said I was from Milwaukee.... And asked a 2nd time when I said the only thing I ate at Taste of Polonia was a peanut butter cup, from the bar.

Today, I took the Brown Line train to Millenium Park. Good Lord, those prices! HA!.... I stopped in at Pizanos on Madison Street. If you come here, definitely ask for a Server named CHACH.... Been a couple of years, and he remembered me being the guy from Wisconsin...

I hope you're all staying cool, and happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 01:49 PM

3,922 posts, read 6,836,808 times
Thanks for visiting our fine city once again! I apologize on behalf of our stuck up neighbor who tried to get you kicked off the shuttle. You weren't wearing a brewers jersey by chance, were you? If so, maybe she was right...

I did get to enjoy Palatine Fest a couple of Saturday's ago. They always have the best live music in those suburbs. It was an impromptu visit since we were there for a baby's 1st birthday.

The weather is going to be great this coming weekend! I'd love to hear of any fests going on that folks may recommend.

Old 09-11-2023, 02:26 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Thanks for visiting our fine city once again! I apologize on behalf of our stuck up neighbor who tried to get you kicked off the shuttle. You weren't wearing a brewers jersey by chance, were you? If so, maybe she was right...

I did get to enjoy Palatine Fest a couple of Saturday's ago. They always have the best live music in those suburbs. It was an impromptu visit since we were there for a baby's 1st birthday.

The weather is going to be great this coming weekend! I'd love to hear of any fests going on that folks may recommend.
Lincoln Square Apple Fest is a few weekends ahead, I believe. Just looked up that fest, and it's on September 30 and October 1.

I had a REALLY good time going to Highwood Pumpkin Fest last year, that maybe I might consider going to that again. We will see.....

Old 09-12-2023, 08:02 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
I tried going to the World Dumpling Fest in Logan Square this past weekend and they were already sold out of on-site tickets for the food. This was less than an hour after the fest started. They sold out of food completely by 2 (The fest was supposed to run until 7) What a disappointment! (Sounds like a similar experience was had at the Pizza Fest disaster at Salt Shed)
Oh well...We consoled ourselves by wandering down the street to the rooftop at Bixi Beer and having dumplings there (which were excellent)

Old 09-12-2023, 08:38 AM

SonySegaTendo617,

You go to Apple Fest AND Highwood Pumpkin Fest???

Are you sure we are not brothers, separated at birth?!?

Those are 2 of my favorite fests; as those are 2 of my favorite hangout areas!

Good call, brother!!

Old 09-12-2023, 08:39 AM

quigboto, that is SO like you, to keep things positive!!!!

One door closes/One door opens!

And you got your better dumplings!!!!

Besides, the rooftop sounds like a more fun area to be, anyways!!

Good work, man!

Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
quigboto, that is SO like you, to keep things positive!!!!

One door closes/One door opens!

And you got your better dumplings!!!!

Besides, the rooftop sounds like a more fun area to be, anyways!!

Good work, man!
Bixi Beer rooftop is pretty swank.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:21 AM

quigboto,

I looked it up and it looks good!... Actually, when I typed in Bixi Beer, my computer asked me, "Do you mean 'Bieber' ?" and next to it was a picture of him with his 1982-era moustache.

THAT was the most disturbing part of my morning.

I, myself, made it to Gene's Deli Rooftop on Saturday while a friend and I made the Oktoberfest in Lincoln Square.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:30 AM

I always enjoy the Oktoberfest in Lincoln Square. But I am not a lifelong Chicago resident (or ANY AMOUNT OF TIME resident, for that matter!). So, I have only been going for several years, and for me it has not become worn out, at this point.

YES, it was a stein of PABST or 2 that was had!!!!

I wore my Dos Equis necklace which is a bunch of Germany-colored beads, actually.... So every once in a while I would order something in a Spanish/German mix.... "Guten tag, ein Pabst cerveza. Prost und Salud!"

Old 09-12-2023, 11:42 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I always enjoy the Oktoberfest in Lincoln Square. But I am not a lifelong Chicago resident (or ANY AMOUNT OF TIME resident, for that matter!). So, I have only been going for several years, and for me it has not become worn out, at this point.

YES, it was a stein of PABST or 2 that was had!!!!

I wore my Dos Equis necklace which is a bunch of Germany-colored beads, actually.... So every once in a while I would order something in a Spanish/German mix.... "Guten tag, ein Pabst cerveza. Prost und Salud!"
Glad you can keep that joy. I'm burned out on that fest. It's very "one-note" for me. I do like it as background, i.e. going to a bar or hanging around the area while it's going on....just don't need to be right in it.

I wish I could keep that same enthusiasm! I did make it to Square Roots and loved it.

A perfect summer/fall for me is Midsommar, Square Roots, Ravenswood on Tap, Wicker, Apple Fest, Air and Water Show, and watching the Chicago Marathon. Then maybe a surprise smaller wildcard entry - usually do one of those. This year, we missed Midsommar and Ravenswood on Tap, but have made the rest so far - Apple and Marathon remaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago