Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2022, 12:41 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Kmanshouse, yes.

I went back yesterday. I arrived around 4:45 p.m. I thought Book Cellar and Genes would have extended their hours just to capitalize on the money client could have brought in!

Well, a staffer at Gene's, last week, told me they MAY have the roof open 1 or 2 more weeks and then, GOOD BYE 2022!

I had a good time, nonetheless!

As I remember, Gene's does not stay open late. If they didn't extend their hours during Apple Fest, they probably won't extend their hours for anything. I also find Jerry's Sandwiches has a nice patio, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 12:54 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
SonySegaTendo617, good afternoon,

Gene's, as you know, is still pretty awesome, especially during summer. In particular, as Lincoln Square's only patio, that I'm aware.

And I definitely dig Jerry's patio! Grilled cheese and tomato soup, for my happy foods!

They will probably have their outdoor igloo-style outdoor seating getting set up by winter.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:49 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
Gene's rooftop closes at 8pm on Saturdays and 4pm on Sundays....which aligns with their store hours.

Other places, of course, have outdoor seating, but nobody else on that stretch has a rooftop, which is a CRIME.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:00 AM

Kmanshouse, are you saying the rooftop is STILL open?? The guy that works up there (that to this day, still teases me about saying he was going to give me a free pretzel, but never DID) told me that it would possibly stay open until the weekend of the 8th/9th (THIS weekend)...

And YES, it is a crime to only have one rooftop in that stretch. I just don't know if any of the other places are physically designed to have a roof top?

That said, I always have to have my corner table if I sit outside of Jerrys, or the window seat at the former-Huettenbar (the new name escapes me!), because I like to people watch.... But sometimes, I like to stand at the top of Gene's and just check out the whole area and look at the different types of building designs.

Ahhhh, I am going to miss the warm weather!

Old 10-08-2022, 06:23 AM

439 posts, read 954,406 times
Quote:
Kmanshouse, are you saying the rooftop is STILL open?? The guy that works up there (that to this day, still teases me about saying he was going to give me a free pretzel, but never DID) told me that it would possibly stay open until the weekend of the 8th/9th (THIS weekend)...

And YES, it is a crime to only have one rooftop in that stretch. I just don't know if any of the other places are physically designed to have a roof top?

That said, I always have to have my corner table if I sit outside of Jerrys, or the window seat at the former-Huettenbar (the new name escapes me!), because I like to people watch.... But sometimes, I like to stand at the top of Gene's and just check out the whole area and look at the different types of building designs.

Ahhhh, I am going to miss the warm weather!
Dank House has a roof top terrace... Bar is open to the public a few times a month, not sure if you've ever been.

Old 10-08-2022, 09:59 AM

jsk1983, thank you!

I still need to get in there to see the old Brau Haus set up, as well!

Old 10-09-2022, 12:37 PM

Nooooooooo! It's a gorgeous day. Gene's rooftop is no more until 2023! Well, my second go to is sitting on the patio at Jerry's. Especially right now, with the sun beating down on the east side of the street.

P.S. Highwood Fest was EXCELLENT! I went down Friday AND Saturday.

I got a feeling I'll be going back on my way home. It's curreny 1:30. And my "date" I'm waiting to confirm our time hasn't contacted me back since 11:00 am yesterday. Pfttttt! The world is way too full of ridiculous game playing/time wasting people.

Sorry about the vent! Enjoy this beautiful weather, Chicagoans.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:30 AM

quigboto, my friend,

We are going to need you to hook us up with the link, like you did in the post # 104 (Page 11, I think), so we have something to mark our calendars for 2023!

Thank you!!!

Old 12-20-2022, 10:39 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
quigboto, my friend,

We are going to need you to hook us up with the link, like you did in the post # 104 (Page 11, I think), so we have something to mark our calendars for 2023!

Thank you!!!
Master Jay! I think they usually put the new link out closer to springtime, but you can bet when I see it I’ll share it with my CD friends. I actually missed out on most of the events in 2022 due to health issues, so I’m hoping for better health and better times in 2023.
I wish you all and your families a safe and happy holidays, whatever you celebrate!

Old 12-20-2022, 12:07 PM

quigbboto, good to see you here!

I look forward to your link. I used VERY often in 2022. Thank you, again!

I hope you are recuperating. I'm sorry you missed out. This WAS our year to return to a sort of "normalcy."

2023 shall be YOUR year, then for fests. And OURS, too!!

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Holidays!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago