Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 12:08 PM

4,648 posts, read 3,260,261 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year to ALL!

For those interested/available, I see the Chinese NewYear parade in Chinatown is taking place Sunday, January 29th, between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.

Hopefully, the weather will be nice(ish).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 01:14 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,854,599 times
This has been a top 5 January so far. And the 10 day forecast looks mild still.

This probably means we will have a nasty February.

Old 01-10-2023, 02:16 PM

Kmanshouse, my brother,

Then the nasty weather of February shall make for a warm, cozy time to celebrate Valentine's Day!

Old 01-10-2023, 08:42 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Have to laugh because the Farmers Almanac predicted a cold snowy Winter for Chicago. Maybe February will be "Blizzard Fest" (see what I did there, ), but I doubt it.

Happy New Year Master Jay.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:51 PM

flamadiddle, my friend! HAPPY NEW YEAR, to you. Blessings to you and your family!!

We had a bone chilling Christmas time weather! This is a splendid January. NO complaints here!

YOU make sure to have a WARM Valentine/ Blizzard Fest combination.

And I'm expecting to see you at Chinese New Year parade!!

Old 01-20-2023, 01:34 PM

885 posts, read 625,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Happy New Year to ALL!

For those interested/available, I see the Chinese NewYear parade in Chinatown is taking place Sunday, January 29th, between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.

Hopefully, the weather will be nice(ish).
Chinese New Year falls on Sun., Jan. 22. This will be the Year of the Rabbit (4721).

Yes, the Lunar New Year parade will take place on Sun., Jan. 29. The parade will begin at 1:00 PM at the intersection of 24th St. and Wentworth Ave. and travel north on Wentworth towards the viewing stand at Cermak Rd. and Wentworth.

The parade will feature traditional dragon and lion dancing teams, floats, marching bands, and marching groups.

GONG HEI FAT CHOY!

Old 01-20-2023, 01:41 PM

Nearwest, Gong Hei Fat Choy!

I, myself am a RAT. Of course, the 1ST of the 12 animals! And NEVER mind the story of WHY it was 1st!!

I have to work in the jail, so Im hoping I can go in early, get my work done, and make it down in time.

So, as always, I hope crime slows down! :/

Old 01-24-2023, 10:53 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Still waiting for the 2023 guide!!!
I had heart surgery and am feeling MUCH better and would like to meet up with MasterJay and Kmanshouse and others this spring/summer for a pint and some commiseration!

PS: Would also be cool to meet others (Mathguy, Avondalist, if you were cool/comfortable with it) just sayin I’ll be back in the world a bit more.
Hope that’s not uncool to want to raise a pint with you guys.
If so just tell me to @%#* off. I’m Gen X. I can take it

Last edited by quigboto; 01-24-2023 at 11:07 PM..

Old 01-25-2023, 07:28 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,854,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Still waiting for the 2023 guide!!!
I had heart surgery and am feeling MUCH better and would like to meet up with MasterJay and Kmanshouse and others this spring/summer for a pint and some commiseration!

PS: Would also be cool to meet others (Mathguy, Avondalist, if you were cool/comfortable with it) just sayin I’ll be back in the world a bit more.
Hope that’s not uncool to want to raise a pint with you guys.
If so just tell me to @%#* off. I’m Gen X. I can take it
Glad to hear!!

We MAY go to the New Year celebration Sunday. But it's going to be COLD. It will be a game time decision.

My favorite events these last few years have been:

Midsommar Fest in Andersonville
Square Roots in Lincoln Square (though last year was too packed and the lines were bad)
Air and Water Show (we go to Belmont Harbor and make a picnic)
Apple Fest (also very crowded, but I love it)
Ravenswood on Tap (low key, perfect)
My wife loves the One of a Kind Show and Sale

Fests I didn't like much and likely won't go back:

Roscoe Burger Fest
Rib Fest on Lincoln

Fests I used to go to that I have aged out of now:

Wicker Park Fest
Lincoln Ave Fest

Fests I like to maybe do a short visit only:

Maifest and Oktoberfest in LS

Fests I haven't done yet that I'd like to try:

Tacos y Tamales in Pilsen
Turning the River Green

There are others that I haven't tried but are just other 'hoods versions of the same fest or ones I'm not particularly interested in making the effort. And I've likely missed a few good ones here.

Old 01-25-2023, 07:44 AM

quigboto, good morning and Happy New Year (Gong Hei Fat Choy 2023!),

Forgive me if I was unaware that you were struggling with heart problems, but I am VERY GLAD to hear that you are feeling better!! 2023 is your year!!

I'd be happy to grab a pint... I DO like red wine, and isn't red wine supposed to be GOOD for the ol' heart?!?

I know Lincoln Square area would be great for me, and I imagine for Kmanshouse, as well.

But I am also always willing to try a new neighborhood! So YOU choose, quigboto, ok?

Hopefully, some of these @%#*ers will join in!

Take care,

Master Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago