Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2022, 08:23 PM

11,440 posts, read 5,973,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Count me among those who got out days after predicting that the place was gonna turn into an all-out s&*t-show. And God only knows how much worse it will get once the "no cash bail" law goes into effect.

It's been two years now, and while I miss the huge variety of great restaurants and bars within quick striking distance, I'm quite surprised and a little sad about how little I miss living there. I don't miss rubbing elbows with sociopaths, random parking tickets, getting our cars periodically dinged up or vandalized or stolen, my kids' schools going on lockdown, and I no longer feel the need to get home ASAP from some excursion just to get some peace and quiet away from it all.
Amenities are awesome but there is something to be said for livability and low-hassle living, especially as you get older. Cities are fun, but you pay in a myriad of ways from cost to time to hassle to annoyance to stress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 01:09 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWi1dPilaE

Old 09-16-2022, 06:12 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
More motivation for visitors to stay away from Chicago. Lawlessness prevails as Lightfoot and that idiot Kim Fox look the other way.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:22 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
More motivation for visitors to stay away from Chicago. Lawlessness prevails as Lightfoot and that idiot Kim Fox look the other way.
In a city of nearly 3 million people, it is the same group of people always up to no good, and causing trouble and violence in the city.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:04 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Video shows West Loop restaurant patrons diving for cover as gunman opens fire; ‘Vote these clowns out of office,’ victim urges

Apparently some dirtbag and his girlfriend were having a loud and lengthy argument while sitting in their car at the stop sign and he didn't care for the fact the restaurant patio patrons across the street took notice of their fight. So he just opened fire on them, hitting one of the waitresses.

It may be the same group always up to no good.... but it's obvious they have very little fear of carrying out their no-goodness these days, no matter the time of day or number of witnesses or anything else. Opening fire on West Loop restaurant patrons for the hell of it just wasn't something you heard of until recently.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:39 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times
Ahh yes good old $hitcargo at its best. Sewer city living up to its reputation it seems. Can't go anywhere there without wondering where the next bullet is coming from. How sad is that.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:21 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
dcisive, my friend!

I am happy to say that I had a fun and completely safe time in Chicago yesterday!

Granted, I spent the day in West Ridge and Lincoln Square areas, but nonetheless, it was a great day!

Old 09-26-2022, 11:25 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
dcisive, my friend!

I am happy to say that I had a fun and completely safe time in Chicago yesterday!

Granted, I spent the day in West Ridge and Lincoln Square areas, but nonetheless, it was a great day!
Let's not forget buddy you are an exception to the rule. You have someone watching your back it seems which sure helps. I pray that some SOB doesn't have a bullet with your name on it. Otherwise, you can continue your quest.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:50 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
dcisive my good friend, good afternoon!

I had stopped at the YMCA in an attempt to see if I could personally make a contribution to assist the housed "migrants" but there was a sign saying they were not taking walk-up donations. But I at least TRIED to do a good deed! So, maybe there's good karma following me.

When it's my time, it will be my time. If it happens, make sure you write up something nice about me, please!

Old 11-23-2022, 09:03 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
Glad to say my Citizen app has been way quieter in my area the last few weeks. Guessing the weather is part of it.

The usual catalytic converter theft here and there, and, I've learned, stay away from the 7-11 on Western/Eastwood. Seems to attract trouble.

Otherwise, been quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago