Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 07:20 PM

9,987 posts, read 5,689,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Why isn't this national news? Where is the outrage?

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-poli...ment/13222926/
Because it's a local tragedy and not really a national interest story. The more relevant question is, why do certain incidents get blown up into national news stories when there's little or no national relevance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Guessing this story isn't over. It'll get covered.

The off-duty cop was shot at like 1:45am. Not saying it's right, but that's a strange time to be walking outside.
There's nothing strange about someone just wrapping up their 1am shift being outside their own house at 1:45. Very few cops work a standard 9-5 shift you know.

IMO the most important question is, why did it take police 30 minutes to respond to a SpotShotter notice pinpointing the incident to nearly if not actually the exact address of the incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 09:25 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Guessing this story isn't over. It'll get covered.

The off-duty cop was shot at like 1:45am. Not saying it's right, but that's a strange time to be walking outside.
Why should law-abiding, good people have to be on lockdown and curfew to let the criminals roam at large?

Old 05-09-2023, 10:44 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,857,367 times
First report I heard was she was NOT working, but later it was reported she was in transit, which is essentially the same thing. Brutal.

Sounds like she was a high-achiever too.

Was she targeted? I.e. was she in uniform?

Chicago is going to have a hard time recruiting....

Old 05-09-2023, 10:53 AM

^^ Five suspects in custody. Early reports are it was a random robbery rather than targeted.

Here's the rundown on one of the suspects:
  • July 2021: Arrested for being in possession of a handgun without a FOID card and with an illegal extended magazine -- charges dropped;
  • Assaulted two cops while in custody for the above arrest -- charges dropped;
  • November 2021: Arrested for domestic battery (threw his own mother down a set of stairs) -- charges dropped;
  • June 2022: Arrested for felony unlawful use of a weapon -- sentenced to probation;
  • September 2022: Arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm -- charges dropped.

All this between his 18th and 20th birthday.

This is the criminal justice system we're dealing with. These are the folks the system allows to prowl the streets to murder their robbery victims.

Last edited by Bitey; 05-09-2023 at 12:07 PM..

Old 05-09-2023, 11:20 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,857,367 times
And here I am worried about how long the FOID process is taking.....

I've got 16 days left, per the app. Had to start that whole process over, because my first attempt just got stuck for 2 years.

Old 05-09-2023, 11:21 AM

927 posts, read 759,957 times
Hows the hacker situation?

Old 05-09-2023, 11:31 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
^^ Five suspects in custody. Early reports are it was a random robbery rather than targeted.

Here's the rundown on one of the suspects:
  • July 2021: Arrested for being in possession of a handgun without a FOID card and with an illegal extended magazine -- charges dropped.
  • While in custody for the above arrest, he assaulted two cops while in custody. Charges dropped;
  • November 2021: Arrested for domestic battery (threw his own mother down a set of stairs) -- charges dropped;
  • June 2022: Arrested for felony unlawful use of a weapon -- sentenced to probation.
  • September 2022: Arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm -- charges dropped.

All this between his 18th and 20th birthday.

This is the criminal justice system we're dealing with. These are the folks the system allows to prowl the streets to murder their robbery victims.
This should be malpractice, and whoever “dropped” all those charges should feel terrible and take a hard look at themselves. This is why Chicago is the way it is. Even in places like Philly and Baltimore where I’ve previously lived, they are actually starting to prosecute criminals. This timeline is a prime example of why Chicago is doomed and leads the nation in homicides year-in, year-out.

Old 05-09-2023, 12:20 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times
When the good citizens, go "Charles Bronson" due to feeling unprotected, I PRAY the law protects them and is as lenient on them as they are on the LAW-BREAKING CRIMINALS!!!

Old 05-09-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
When the good citizens, go "Charles Bronson" due to feeling unprotected, I PRAY the law protects them and is as lenient on them as they are on the LAW-BREAKING CRIMINALS!!!
Unfortunately that's now how it works. The "Defund the Police" regime seems to develop an instant and newfound appreciation for the carceral police state when an otherwise law-abiding citizen engages in the sort of "community policing" the regime claims to prefer.

Old 05-09-2023, 01:19 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times
Bitey, good afternoon. I am, in fact, currently working IN the courtroom!

I think the citizens that go "Charles Bronson" would actually be seen by Law Enforcement as ASSISTING THEM, and NOT being against them or trying to kill them, as "others" in the community are ruthless enough to do.

Prayers for the fallen Officer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago