Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Northside View Post
Are we talking about Harvestime Foods, at 2632 W Lawrence Ave? ... with the website at Welcome to HarvesTime Foods | HarvesTime Foods If so, it's OK but really doesn't compare to ... oh, I better not tell you.
What? That place? I'm totally over that place.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
What? That place? I'm totally over that place.
You are so NOT over HarvesTime, CBC.

They have Old Warsaw Polish ham on sale this week. Krakus Polish ham >>>>>>. Old Warsaw any day.

ETA: I see they also have Krakus ham on sale for 3.69 a pound this week. That's cheaper than the Polish deils. Hmmm, I might have to make a trip up there.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Wow.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 AM

Are you also excited by HarvesTime's price fro Krakus ham, Avenger?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Damn, I wish I was a "far north sider" so I could shop there. All I do is bounce around between Jewel (close, but awful and expensive), Dominick's (farther, newer but painfully expensive), Whole Foods (farther, Holy Crap expensive) and Strack and VanTil's (farthest, super cheap but lacking in quality).

I tend to got to one for a couple of weeks, get angry, refuse to go ever again, move on to the next store and repeat the whole process.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:27 AM

I work near Cicero & Roscoe, so after work Friday, I'm going to walk over to Addison to catch the Cicero Express to Jefferson Park and catch the Lawrence bus over to HarvesTime, and check it out.

I do wish Bucktown/Wicker Park had a grocery store like that. The options here aren't that great. I usually go to Strack & VanTil's, or Tony's near my job.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
I work near Cicero & Roscoe, so after work Friday, I'm going to walk over to Addison to catch the Cicero Express to Jefferson Park and catch the Lawrence bus over to HarvesTime, and check it out.

I do wish Bucktown/Wicker Park had a grocery store like that. The options here aren't that great. I usually go to Strack & VanTil's, or Tony's near my job.
I should mention that, all jokes aside, Harvestime isn't Nirvana. It's just a store. I'm glad it's close-by, but honestly don't know if I'd go all the way across town to hit it up. But hey, you do yo' thang. Hope you enjoy it.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 AM

179 posts, read 480,887 times
Quote:
I think by Chi standards S&VT is one of the best options for groceries, so I think you're actually kinda lucky

Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 AM

It's ok, but I used to visit friends in Indiana quite regularly, aand would shop for groceries down there since there's no food tax. The ones down there are a bit better. Also, I don't have a car & you have to walk a good 4 blocks from Stracks to reach any bus. I can drag my old lady cart in nicer weather, but with this never ending crud on the ground, it's too much of a pain in the ass. I've been going to Tony's near my job, but it's still pretty high priced, and a bit nasty.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM

179 posts, read 480,887 times
Quote:
It's ok, but I used to visit friends in Indiana quite regularly, aand would shop for groceries down there since there's no food tax. The ones down there are a bit better. Also, I don't have a car & you have to walk a good 4 blocks from Stracks to reach any bus. I can drag my old lady cart in nicer weather, but with this never ending crud on the ground, it's too much of a pain in the ass. I've been going to Tony's near my job, but it's still pretty high priced, and a bit nasty.
Granted, it's definitely a hassle getting there w/o a car. However things are just as bad in many other parts of town.
Despite living in filthy rich, super-white, yuppie-crowded Lakeview I have to take the bus to get to Jewel and and to go to a Dominicks would require a 30 min or so commute. There's this store called market place on Diversey that I can reach by foot but it's so pricey that I'm better off buying my water or diet coke in an convenience store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago