Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Janelle, upon first reading your post too quickly, June actually thought you were saying that you had bought the grandkids a monkey and a frog for Christmas!!!....
That would be awesome!!!

We had our neighborhood holiday party last night and it was so much fun! One of my neighbors is making me his new project - he wants me to sing at the Clubhouse one night - like a show that all the neighbors can come to! We'll see! I mean, it would be lots of fun for me but I just worry that not that many people would really be interested in coming! I sing musical theatre and opera - I know it's not up everyone's alley! Plus - I don't want it to seem like I'm some sort of egomaniac! I think if I do it - I'll invite a couple of my friends to do it with me - so it won't be so much like I'm just stroking my own ego... Oh well... We'll seel! Anyway - the party was so much fun! I love my new neighbors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We'll see! I mean, it would be lots of fun for me but I just worry that not that many people would really be interested in coming! I sing musical theatre and opera - I know it's not up everyone's alley!
I would...you'll never know, I maybe in the audience when you do your next musical! I believe in your prowess as a singer...

Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I would...you'll never know, I maybe in the audience when you do your next musical! I believe in your prowess as a singer...
Awwwww! Thank you!

Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
I did get them a monkey and a frog but they are the soft and squeezable kind in the form of a pillow. LOL

We went to our church's Christmas dinner last night and the woman who sings in the choir, the man who plays guitar and a woman who plays the piano were the entertainment. We sang along on some Christmas songs and the woman is a hoot with her lame Christmas jokes, some aimed at the guy. They do this each year and it's fun.

Dewdrop, I think everyone would have a great time if you did entertain. My sister has some neighbors who invite the whole neighborhood in to hear their kids play and sing. Of course, they are very good, not just, come hear my kids lousy playing because I want to show off---LOL I think everyone would enjoy a good show. The lady last night sang a few songs alone and she has a great voice. If you make a program out of it and did some sing alongs I know people would enjoy it.

When it was over she told us to look at the bottom of our chairs at each table and those who had a sicker on the bottom won the center piece. My hubby had the sticker so we got the center piece which is a cute Santa. Some had poinsettias.

She had some trivia questions about Christmas and gave candy canes to those who knew the answer. It was a big room so she had to throw the canes and it was fun to see if the guys could catch them.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
That would be awesome!!!

We had our neighborhood holiday party last night and it was so much fun! One of my neighbors is making me his new project - he wants me to sing at the Clubhouse one night - like a show that all the neighbors can come to! We'll see! I mean, it would be lots of fun for me but I just worry that not that many people would really be interested in coming! I sing musical theatre and opera - I know it's not up everyone's alley! Plus - I don't want it to seem like I'm some sort of egomaniac! I'll invite a couple of my friends to do it with me - so it won't be so much like I'm just stroking my own ego... Oh well... We'll seel! Anyway - the party was so much fun! I love my new neighbors!
(Refer to bolded portion, above!)

Listen, you little Heatherist, you, if you DON'T do it, then June might personally have to come down to your neck of the woods and smack you! Are you KIDDING me??? I think it's a wonderful idea for you to sing/perform for your new neighbors! What a treat! I can't imagine that they wouldn't LOVE to hear you perform some Christmas songs this time of year!!!

So do it!

--Remember, June can always find your house and follow through on smacking you if you don't!

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2010 at 07:54 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
A "June" could say......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPhGrErQ3Q

Munchkin-

Okay, this may be a long held secret on June's part, but ever since she was a little girl, this atheist loved this one particular Christmas Carol. --She never really heard (or paid attention) to the "God" portion of the song, as she was soooooo taken aback by the line "with tidings of comfort and joy." THAT is what captured little June's imagination....

So I suppose June has now "disclosed" one of her greater Christmas atheist secrets!

Take gentle tidings of comfort and joy care....

Old 12-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
(Refer to bolded portion, above!)

Listen, you little Heatherist, you, if you DON'T do it, then June might personally have to come down to your neck of the woods and smack you! Are you KIDDING me??? I think it's a wonderful idea for you to sing/perform for your new neighbors! What a treat! I can't imagine that they wouldn't LOVE to hear you perform some Christmas songs this time of year!!!

So do it!

--Remember, June can always find your house and follow through on smacking you if you don't!

You are too funny! But I wouldn't be doing Christmas songs or anything - I probably wouldn't be doing it for a few months or so. I need some time to prepare! One of my neighbors told me it was my duty to bring some culture to our neighborhood! What was the point of having a professional performer in residence if she doesn't perform for the hood! Hee hee!

By the way - I always loved God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, too!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
One of my neighbors told me it was my duty to bring some culture to our neighborhood! What was the point of having a professional performer in residence if she doesn't perform for the hood!
June loves your neighbor, and rests her case!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Just saw a story on the news about a chiropractor's office being hit by cars twice in one day. I thought maybe it was were I went once and IT WAS. Two old people. An elderly woman this morning stepped on the wrong pedal and went through the door, in the afternoon an elderly man went through the window, same mistake.

Makes you wonder if one should go around older folks who drive. Across the street is an assisted living center and they have the same problem with older folks having accidents, not as serious but still. I think I would give up my driving at that point. Thankfully, I convinced my mother to stop driving when the time came.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Just saw a story on the news about a chiropractor's office being hit by cars twice in one day. I thought maybe it was were I went once and IT WAS. Two old people. An elderly woman this morning stepped on the wrong pedal and went through the door, in the afternoon an elderly man went through the window, same mistake.

Makes you wonder if one should go around older folks who drive. Across the street is an assisted living center and they have the same problem with older folks having accidents, not as serious but still. I think I would give up my driving at that point. Thankfully, I convinced my mother to stop driving when the time came.
Janelle-
How very sad...But what you posted also made June think of how she had heard an almost similiar case reported on her local news...Not to mention that her 83 year old mother is still out there driving! Thankfully, mother is doing well enough to live independently and to still get around driving, but it's always scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity