Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,596,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
God is simply not interested in this thread. Otherwise he would make a post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
God is simply not interested in this thread. Otherwise he would make a post.
An extremely short version, predicated on the Spirits leading:

The Philosophy of Humanism, an unbeliever vs. the Eternal Damnation or Torment of the wicked Christian.

Humanism consists of various ethical theories and practices that emphasize; reason, scientific inquiry, human fulfillment within the
natural world. Often, called an unbeliever.

Eternal torment or damnation consisting of various ideologies; nothing but wickedness, evil lacking any reason, the human fulfillment
of a corrupted heart. Often, directed at an unbeliever, or universalist.

"You will reap what you sow; that of correction."

Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 PM

454 posts, read 499,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Please define wicked.
The opposite of righteous.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,139,791 times
[quote=Jerwade;15696316]An extremely short version, predicated on the Spirits leading:

The Philosophy of Humanism, an unbeliever vs. the Eternal Damnation or Torment of the wicked Christian.

Humanism consists of various ethical theories and practices that emphasize; reason, scientific inquiry, human fulfillment within the
natural world. Often, called an unbeliever.

Eternal torment or damnation consisting of various ideologies; nothing but wickedness, evil lacking any reason, the human fulfillment
of a corrupted heart. Often, directed at an unbeliever, or universalist.

"You will reap what you sow; that of correction."

Stargazzer says

Why do people bother posting when all they do is copy things from something else.

Do you even recognize my point...? obviously not.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Do you even recognize my point...? obviously not.
Synonymously, a claim of indifference.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 AM

There is only one Spirit of life, which is above all, and through all, and in all.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM

229 posts, read 332,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
In these final days the wicked, those who adore the Spirit of the anti-Christ, pray to false gods and reject Jesus Christ, are being allowed to thrive and feel as though they are right and that their doom is not pending.

Is it right for God to be so merciful towards His enemies?
Wondering why your post reminds me of this

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Quote:
Ever considered taking a good look in the mirror, lately

Last edited by TheUnknown67; 09-01-2010 at 11:31 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 AM

478 posts, read 775,765 times
Quote:
In these final days the wicked, those who adore the Spirit of the anti-Christ, pray to false gods and reject Jesus Christ, are being allowed to thrive and feel as though they are right and that their doom is not pending.

What the heck kind of a question is THAT? Sounds like you're actually disappointed that horrible things aren't happening to anyone who doesn't believe in god (or just doesn't believe in god the way YOU do). ??? Are you for real? That's a downright maniacal thought process you've got there, Roman6, actually associating the fact that some people are actually happy and aren't worried and miserable as you are with a peculiar curiosity as to why said people aren't more unhappy. Your query infers that you clearly believe they should be; and as well, you seem disturbingly disappointed that they're not.

You befit the old adage "misery loves company" very well. But sorry, there are many people who don't have such a small mindset, and are happiest when those around them are happy, healthy and thriving, and wish the best for others without need for any particular reason other than that is NORMAL and HEALTHY for humans to wish well for one another- irregardless of faith, or anything else. We 'heathens' don't question why you're so miserable- it is obvious. In fact, your above post explains why pretty clearly. So likewise, perhaps you should allow reality to run its course as it will outside of the confines of your imagination, and just accept the fact that god as YOU see 'him' perhaps isn't the wrathful, judgemental human-like entity you wish 'him' to be. Which kind of debunks your entire basis of beliefs, now doesn't it?!

By the way, god doesn't *have* any enemies. Only human beings have enemies....

In closing, I gotta say that if nothing else, I find your candor refreshing. Other extremists who believe as you try to candy-coat their preaching by saying "we tell you you're going to hell etc. because we LOVE you and we care and want you to be saved", and blah blah blah. Well, there's neither love nor caring in your post so again, I'll at least offer you credit for being straight forward and to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Please define wicked.
Quote:
OK, Roman6 is right, based on these definitions, here:

Wicked

1. Evil by nature and in practice: "this wicked man Hitler, the repository and embodiment of many forms of soul-destroying hatred" (Winston S. Churchill).
Playfully malicious or mischievous: a wicked prank; a critic's wicked wit.
Severe and distressing: a wicked cough; a wicked gash; wicked driving conditions.
Highly offensive; obnoxious: a wicked stench.

Righteous

1. Morally upright; without guilt or sin: a righteous parishioner.
In accordance with virtue or morality: a righteous judgment.
Morally justifiable: righteous anger.

So again, Roman6, I'd say you're right; the opposite of wicked very well does seem to be righteousness, by definition. And I'm sure we can all see which definition best describes whom here on this thread...

Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM

28,150 posts, read 30,100,986 times
Quote:

Why do you hold God responsible?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,056,168 times
I really don't see many at ease.Lok at the hate posting in thsi thread;that doesn't show any of them at ease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity