Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Jesus is not in everybody. So how does He teach you, lovelight?
The Seed is in everyone, brother..God loves everyone and doesn't make junk!

Just be patient and wait for Him to grow and arise IN you, because He is the Branch, and the Branch is not just one twig, but MANY.

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Then what do you consider the Primary source of God's word?

If you say the Spirit, then you need to test the spirits to see which is from God.

1John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God

And how do you test the spirits? You compare what the voice in your head is saying against Scripture, because God will not contradict His words as revealed to us thru the Bible. IMO the Bible is Primary along with the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
The primary source would be Jesus himself. Unfortunately, he's not alive, so I can't hear him speak to me directly. Instead, my only choice would be to rely on the Bible, which was written by human beings. Given the bigotry, bloody history and strife that occurred over time within the human race, I cannot consider the Bible to be the word of God as it is considered to be.

In other words, if there is a God, I would only trust Him, not the word of men (aka the Bible). Unfortunately, I can't hear him or see him.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times
Brian, what you said doesn`t make any since at all.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM

34 posts, read 22,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The primary source would be Jesus himself. Unfortunately, he's not alive, so I can't hear him speak to me directly. Instead, my only choice would be to rely on the Bible, which was written by human beings. Given the bigotry, bloody history and strife that occurred over time within the human race, I cannot consider the Bible to be the word of God as it is considered to be.

In other words, if there is a God, I would only trust Him, not the word of men (aka the Bible). Unfortunately, I can't hear him or see him.
There is a god.. thanks be to him.
And he is Very ALive.. would be kinda silly to serve a dead god.. as i guess some probably do.

if u block out all the noise from the world (noise in your head)
you will hear him.

dont take my word. try it and see ifg it works..

Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Brian, what you said doesn`t make any since at all.
The Anointing (Christ) is the Vine. The Vine is not just one, but many branchings forth from the One. You are a part of that Vine and when God begins to show you that He loves you and is in you, then you will see Him grow within you, teaching you in all truth. HE must be your teacher, not people who tell you what tradition says.
When you have experience of Him IN you, you will know that He is true, and no one can take that away from you.

Blessings!
brian

Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
There is a god.. thanks be to him.
And he is Very ALive.. would be kinda silly to serve a dead god.. as i guess some probably do.

if u block out all the noise from the world (noise in your head)
you will hear him.

dont take my word. try it and see ifg it works..
Lovethelight makes a good point. There is no hurt in trying this. It is God's Love and time with him that has truly changed my life.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
correct me if i am in wrong, but isn't much of the purpose of complex religious doctrine to prevent people from looking essentially to themselves for the "light." in other words, if we just tell people to be still and wait for god and act accordingly, chances are that the results could become disastrous (eg cults, mass suicide, etc.).

Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I don't consider the Bible to be a primary source of God's word, but rather, a secondary source. Jesus lacked any writing and literacy skills whatsoever. It was men who actually handwrote the Bible, not Jesus. God knows how many times it was altered and how erroneous it may be, 2010 years later.
Jesus lacked, wait a minute, Jesus is God amongst us, He read scripture, He lacked nothing. Jesus is God so how could He lack any writing or literacy skills? He created the languages.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
the bible is not the word of god,
jesus is the word, the light.
he is right here with us and around us , ready to teach us himself
he wants us to be united wtih the father in heaven and HE is the way ( not knowlegde of the bible)
To the contrary. No one can come to a knowledge of God apart from a study of the Scriptures. 2 Timothy 2:15 'Study to show thyself unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (the word of God).

To be blunt, you don't know what the blue blazes you're talking about. The BIble gives its own testimony to its divine origins.

2 Peter 1:20-21 'Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but by holy men of GOd spake as they were move by the Holy Spirit.

The Bible is the word of God (God's message to man) as per the testimony of Paul who declared that the Apostles messages were the word of God.

1 Thess 2:13 'And for this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received from us the word of God's message, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.' Do you understand what this passage says? It can't be stated any more clearly!!!

Acts 13:46 'And Paul and Barnabus spoke out boldly and said, ''It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it, and judge youselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word (of God) with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so.

Are you able to grasp what is being said in the above passages? The messages of the apostles, as well as the Old Testament Scriptures, whether spoken or written are the word of God. The Bible contains God's word to man.

Furthermore Psalms 138:2 says ''I will bow down toward Thy holy temple, And give thanks to Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth; For Thou hast magnified Thy word according to all Thy name.

God has magnified His word above His reputation. To dismiss the Bible as the word of God is to dismiss God.

And here is what Jesus Himself who is the living word said. John 17:6 ''I manifested Thy name to the men whom Thou gavest Me out of the world; Thine they were, and Thou gavest them to Me, and they have kept Thy word. Jesus who is the living Word is praying here for those who have kept the Father's word.

The Bible is the mind of Christ. The thinking of Christ set down in writing. The Bible is the word of God. God's message to man.

If you don't believe that the Bible is the word of God, then you are in complete denial of what the Apostles themselves had to say about it.

Everyone who dismisses the Bible as the word of God is dismissing God. For the Bible is God's message to man. It is the word of God.

Satan has always attacked the Bible in various ways precisely because it is the word of God. And Satan uses people to carry out these attacks. All who deny that the Bible is the word of God are being used by Satan to make these attacks.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Seed is in everyone, brother..God loves everyone and doesn't make junk!

Just be patient and wait for Him to grow and arise IN you, because He is the Branch, and the Branch is not just one twig, but MANY.

Blessings!
brian
Jesus Christ is NOT in everyone. He indwells the body of the believer only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity