Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I don't consider the Bible to be a primary source of God's word, but rather, a secondary source. Jesus lacked any writing and literacy skills whatsoever. It was men who actually handwrote the Bible, not Jesus. God knows how many times it was altered and how erroneous it may be, 2010 years later.
Jesus could read and write since he was taught. He is even found reading from the scroll of Isaiah! Further it says that he bent down and wrote on the ground when they brought the woman who was found committing adultery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
the bible is not the word of god,
jesus is the word, the light.
he is right here with us and around us , ready to teach us himself
he wants us to be united wtih the father in heaven and HE is the way ( not knowlegde of the bible)
The bible is the word of God.

Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments. How can you know his commandments unless you read the bible?

The bible therefore is the means by which Jesus reveals himself in the life of the Christian.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 PM

David said; "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee." You need to know God's word which is the bible in order to not sin against God.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
New Ager.....

Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
then you need to test the spirits to see which is from God.

Oh wow!!!! you would not believe just how many varieties of spirits I have "tested" in my life, with the aid and abetment of a hundred bars, I have come to the conclusion that none of the spirits are from god, it's called "Demon Rum" for a reason.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 PM

34 posts, read 22,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
New Ager.....
why is it so easy for "christians" to put others in a specific class.

arent we not to judge but to show love to everyone
love your neighour as yourself?
isnt thiswritten in the scared bible that u all worship? then y don't you all practice it?

seek god with all our heart all our might and we will find him..

Old 09-07-2010, 12:48 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
why is it so easy for "christians" to put others in a specific class.

arent we not to judge but to show love to everyone
love your neighour as yourself?
isnt thiswritten in the scared bible that u all worship? then y don't you all practice it?

seek god with all our heart all our might and we will find him..
Because you have given this thread nothing but philosophical jargon, and not one shred of Jesus Christ's word. Therefore, you are a new ager....

Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
the scared bible that u all worship?
There's a lot of truth in this misspell.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Oh wow!!!! you would not believe just how many varieties of spirits I have "tested" in my life, with the aid and abetment of a hundred bars, I have come to the conclusion that none of the spirits are from god, it's called "Demon Rum" for a reason.
Aye!

A man's got to believe in something..........

I believe I'll have another drink!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because you have given this thread nothing but philosophical jargon, and not one shred of Jesus Christ's word. Therefore, you are a new ager....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity