Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:35 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Don't worry. My right brain is just as vibrant and capable as my left brain. I have tried for years to communicate with God, but it always seems like one-way communication (me to Him). The concept of God is more emotional and psychological more than anything, and has no bearing on reality. If he is real, why did he make it such a mystery to communicate with him?
That is like asking why He made it so difficult to become a concert pianist, or an astrophysicist, or . . . whatever. It is your impatience and lack of discipline (and/or devotion)in achieving the withdrawal from sensory confusion and the chatterings of an over active mind sufficiently to abide with God . . . that prevents you from sensing His presence in your life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 03:41 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Don't worry. My right brain is just as vibrant and capable as my left brain. I have tried for years to communicate with God, but it always seems like one-way communication (me to Him). The concept of God is more emotional and psychological more than anything, and has no bearing on reality. If he is real, why did he make it such a mystery to communicate with him?
It's not a mystery at all. You can pray to God right here and now- outloud or in your head.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. No one can come to a knowledge of God apart from a study of the Scriptures. 2 Timothy 2:15 'Study to show thyself unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (the word of God).

To be blunt, you don't know what the blue blazes you're talking about. The BIble gives its own testimony to its divine origins.

2 Peter 1:20-21 'Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but by holy men of GOd spake as they were move by the Holy Spirit.

The Bible is the word of God (God's message to man) as per the testimony of Paul who declared that the Apostles messages were the word of God.

1 Thess 2:13 'And for this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received from us the word of God's message, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.' Do you understand what this passage says? It can't be stated any more clearly!!!

Acts 13:46 'And Paul and Barnabus spoke out boldly and said, ''It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it, and judge youselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word (of God) with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so.

Are you able to grasp what is being said in the above passages? The messages of the apostles, as well as the Old Testament Scriptures, whether spoken or written are the word of God. The Bible contains God's word to man.

Furthermore Psalms 138:2 says ''I will bow down toward Thy holy temple, And give thanks to Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth; For Thou hast magnified Thy word according to all Thy name.

God has magnified His word above His reputation. To dismiss the Bible as the word of God is to dismiss God.

And here is what Jesus Himself who is the living word said. John 17:6 ''I manifested Thy name to the men whom Thou gavest Me out of the world; Thine they were, and Thou gavest them to Me, and they have kept Thy word. Jesus who is the living Word is praying here for those who have kept the Father's word.

The Bible is the mind of Christ. The thinking of Christ set down in writing. The Bible is the word of God. God's message to man.

If you don't believe that the Bible is the word of God, then you are in complete denial of what the Apostles themselves had to say about it.

Everyone who dismisses the Bible as the word of God is dismissing God. For the Bible is God's message to man. It is the word of God.

Satan has always attacked the Bible in various ways precisely because it is the word of God. And Satan uses people to carry out these attacks. All who deny that the Bible is the word of God are being used by Satan to make these attacks.

Quote:
Jesus Christ is NOT in everyone. He indwells the body of the believer only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because you have given this thread nothing but philosophical jargon, and not one shred of Jesus Christ's word. Therefore, you are a new ager....

Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

Do you think at all or try to understand God without the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have been drummed into your psyche . . . or are you simply relegated to the Amen corner . . . cheering on the thoughts of others?

Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Default The Bible!

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the Book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Peace!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ is NOT in everyone. He indwells the body of the believer only.

Hi, Mike555.

How come you are arguing with this verse?

John 1:9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Now, I know you will have a wonderful and concise answer for me, as does the bible.cc website, which actually has a number of contradictory concise and wonderful answers.

(I think this is hilarious and typical of the confusion and chaos in Christianity: when you type John 1:9 into bible.cc you get all the versions which contradict each other because every version places the comma into it's own preconceived doctrinal places. And the commentary below doesn't help the case at all)

Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM

33,256 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. Romans 10:8

Deut. 30:
11For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

The Kingdom of God is within you. Know ye not that Jesus Christ is IN you?

Blessings,
brian
Neither of those passages imply that the Word is in the heart and mouth of every creature under heaven as you claim in post #34.

If you are anyone else wants to understand those passages, then simply refer to the following link...

Romans 10:8-11 Commentary

The only thing that I will emphasize from that link is the following.

Confession is not a condition of salvation but the inevitable outward expression of what has happened:

And contrary to what you are implying, the kingdom of God is NOT in any unbeliever.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,345 times
How could Jesus not have writing or literacy skills being perfect in every way and He did right the Bible.There is so much garbage that I`m reading on this thread and other threads, constantly. How some of you come up with some of this garbage is beyond me...

Old 09-07-2010, 05:37 PM

34 posts, read 22,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
How could Jesus not have writing or literacy skills being perfect in every way and He did right the Bible.There is so much garbage that I`m reading on this thread and other threads, constantly. How some of you come up with some of this garbage is beyond me...
lol

Old 09-07-2010, 06:03 PM

33,256 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Hi, Mike555.

How come you are arguing with this verse?

John 1:9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Now, I know you will have a wonderful and concise answer for me, as does the bible.cc website, which actually has a number of contradictory concise and wonderful answers.

(I think this is hilarious and typical of the confusion and chaos in Christianity: when you type John 1:9 into bible.cc you get all the versions which contradict each other because every version places the comma into it's own preconceived doctrinal places. And the commentary below doesn't help the case at all)
John 1:9 does not in any way imply that Jesus Christ indwells the unbeliever.

The indwellling of any of the members of the God-head in the church-age believer is for a special purpose. The primary purpose for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the body of the church-age believer (1 Cor 3:16; 6:19) is for the purpose of making it a temple for the indwelling of Jesus Christ as the Shekinah glory. Jesus Christ indwells the body of the believer for a number of reasons including the fact that He indwells the church-age believer as a sign of the royalty of the church-age believer. This is unique to the church-age. He also indwells the body of the believer as a guarantee of blessing. If you want to become familiarized with the doctrine of the indwelling of the trinity, then refer to the following resource.

http://www.wenstrombibleministries.o...basic/iott.pdf

Jesus came as a light into the world. He is the revealed member of the Godhead. But the world rejects that light. John 12:46 'I am come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in Me may not remain in darkness.'

John 1:4 'In Him was life, and the life was the light of men, 5] and the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity