Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 AM

34 posts, read 22,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzekiah View Post
Perhaps a bar stool is where you had really rather be?
One does not have to be a Christian to post here.
the thing that kinda confused me most was not the "non christians" for they actually seem to show more love than the christians
it more the people who speak of "truth" but It's like scrptures are used as weapons to fight amoung eacother to prove who is right and wrong, not in a very loving way.

I guess to me to show love is more important than being right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM

595 posts, read 762,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
Ok so i am new to the forum..
for a christian forum.. i must admit, there is little compassion or gentleness being shown to one another.( so far with the little time i have spent)
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the whole point of being christian ,to be fruitful and humble and loving?
or did i join at a bad time? is it usually more loving? are u guys stressed at this specific time?

I guess this is the internet and all kinds of things go on here.. but the forum said christianity and i cant seem to understand why so little love is being shown.
Lovethe light,
I gave this a couple of reads and days before I responded and the Lord gave me a few examples of Jesus.

Matthew 11:20 [ Woe on Unrepentant Cities ] Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.

Matthew 11:21 "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 18:7 "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

Matthew 23:1 [ Seven Woes ] Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

Matthew 23:13
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [ Some manuscripts to. 14 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Therefore you will be punished more severely.]

Matthew 23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Mark 14:6
"Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.

Mark 8:33
But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

This is why I myself do not judge this forum. The Spirit of Jesus is alive and active in many and His power and authority will come through His words. Scripture itself speaks of Jesus speaking as One with power and authority. This is why the Pharisees, Saduccees, Teachers of the Law and High Priests hated Him. He told them the truth about themselves. And if the truth be known by the peoples and the Romans, they would of lost all their so called "high" standing and then loose their materialism. And Jesus said all loud enough so those who were meant to hear, would hear and those meant to see, would see what was going on with these men. Truth about ourselves is never pretty, what sin is? But it is so good for us.

Now Mary at the feet of Jesus doing good to the Master, then we have butinski thinking about money instead of Jesus. And Jesus was the first after many, many years, to stick up for women.

Then Jesus commanding satan and demons. Jesus and His awesome power and authority, with His word. Jesus just does not play with words, they are His words. Jesus never said, "Please follow me". Jesus said, "Follow me" We have a Mighty Savior that when we ask, "Lord, save me!" (like Peter) Jesus holds out His hand and saves us!

All that believe in Christ on this forum are at different levels in Christ. No one more or less, only the grace God allows according to their faith in Him. We are all being made Holy and have not arrived yet. Especially me as Paul said, "one abnormally born".
So if I hear or see things that do not set well with the Spirit, I pray and know God will take care of all. Thank you Lord for sending the feet who bring your good news.

God Bless you Lovethelight,
Love them like Jesus.
Mercy

Old 09-10-2010, 03:06 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Quote:
for a christian forum.. i must admit, there is little compassion or gentleness being shown to one another.( so far with the little time i have spent)
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the whole point of being christian ,to be fruitful and humble and loving?
or did i join at a bad time? is it usually more loving? are u guys stressed at this specific time?

I guess this is the internet and all kinds of things go on here.. but the forum said christianity and i cant seem to understand why so little love is being shown.
There are many christians here but this is also open to anybody who want to say anything from the Whole Wide Web that speaks Engish and many people have diffrent gifts and callings from the Lord Jesus or no gifts or calling at all and do not Know Jesus or his Spirit........Be blessed

Old 09-11-2010, 04:39 AM

122 posts, read 191,472 times
Quote:
lol

its like a battle field in here.

Quote:
the thing that kinda confused me most was not the "non christians" for they actually seem to show more love than the christians
it more the people who speak of "truth" but It's like scrptures are used as weapons to fight amoung eacother to prove who is right and wrong, not in a very loving way.

I guess to me to show love is more important than being right.

YouTube - Defensive People Are Prideful

Old 09-12-2010, 03:43 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,398 times
Father God, thank You for calling us to be Your children. Forgive us if we have not shown love, as we should.

Bind us all together in the perfect love You have shown us. Let us be transformed into the likeness of your Son, Jesus Christ.

Let there be love between ALL Christians in the world and let us truly care for each other.

Wishing all of you who may read this a Blessed Day J

Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Default Where is LOVE?

And the SPIRIT, whispered through the passing breeze..."here I am"...musing, I asked...dear heart, is that you?

Blessings...

Old 09-20-2010, 12:51 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
Quote:

A rarely post here, cause everything seems to turn into a fierce debate about whether your 'saved' or not...

Or turns into a debate over interpitation of a passage...
Everything seems to turn into a 'I'm right, your wrong' type of exchange...

In the end, even in the religious section of the forum, human nature seems to be what dominates...

Regardless of what people say about God, the holy spirit, love, ect ect...in the end I see typical human nature dominating the exchanges here...

That being said...I do believe many post here out of geniune love and concern for others and they believe they are sharing medicine with the world...

Any and everyone can seem 'loving' though...until you disagree with them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity