Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM

34 posts, read 22,213 times

Advertisements

Ok so i am new to the forum..
for a christian forum.. i must admit, there is little compassion or gentleness being shown to one another.( so far with the little time i have spent)
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the whole point of being christian ,to be fruitful and humble and loving?
or did i join at a bad time? is it usually more loving? are u guys stressed at this specific time?

I guess this is the internet and all kinds of things go on here.. but the forum said christianity and i cant seem to understand why so little love is being shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethelight View Post
for a christian forum.. i must admit, there is little compassion or gentleness being shown to one another.( so far with the little time i have spent)
correct me if i am wrong, but isnt the whole point of being christian ,to be fruitful and humble and loving?
or did i join at a bad time? is it usually more loving? are u guys stressed at this specific time?

I guess this is the internet and all kinds of things go on here.. but the forum said christianity and i cant seem to understand why so little love is being shown.
love, im new here too, but this is a computer forum, opinions can be used as arrows and we are all anonymous, many may visit here just out of curiosity, and arent christians

either way- no matter the actions of others-its the dignity in how WE react that matters, just as in real life,
We are what we want to be and believe- tho many in this world may tug, and pull us down, this should strengthen our own resolve to set an example for others

Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
love, im new here too, but this is a computer forum, opinions can be used as arrows and we are all anonymous, many may visit here just out of curiosity, and arent christians

either way- no matter the actions of others-its the dignity in how WE react that matters, just as in real life,
We are what we want to be and believe- tho many in this world may tug, and pull us down, this should strengthen our own resolve to set an example for others

i couldn't agree more..
bless

Old 09-07-2010, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i stopped posting on the christian forums bek of it. asked a simple question about an acronymn i didnt know and got jumped all over. like gravy on rice. im done with that. is this why so many end up on a bar stool?

Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:

You're right, but this is not a Christianity forum.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Yes, this forum is Christian in name only. Anyone is allowed to post here as well as any belief.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i stopped posting on the christian forums bek of it. asked a simple question about an acronymn i didnt know and got jumped all over. like gravy on rice. im done with that. is this why so many end up on a bar stool?
lol

its like a battle field in here.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
With the anonymity afforded by the internet, people post things they wouldn't dream of saying to your face. It's unfortunate. The written word can hurt every bit as much as the spoken word, and there have been many days I've been tempted to just not come back because of malicious things people have directed at me. Fortunately, there are a few absolutely wonderful people here (not all of them Christians, incidentally), and they keep me coming back.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:

First...I'd like to greet you with "Welcome to the battle of wits"...

As I have stated often...peel away the "religious doctrine" and you see the basic goodness in everyone here and that has been proven time and again (ie. "where is Verna thread/pray for me/I need advice and many more). Instinctively, we respond without the mask (doctrine). Love is something "innate" in ALL of us...for we were created out of Love. Some call it conscience and I call it Spirit of God...

In this forum...I have learned and still learning the wisdom inherent with believing in The Creator...and also...how to glean the wheat from the tares...
Of course...I can only speak with what I believe...

Blessings to ALL!

Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Guilty as charged! I'm not a Christian and I often post here!
Yes - there is a lot of yelling and screaming and insulting - but I have found many kindred spirits here! There are some people that it is very difficult to have a cordial debate with - however, sometimes - even they can surprise you! It's those moments - the moments when you find yourself agreeing with someone who you never thought you'd see eye to eye with - that make it all worth it, in my opinion! And despite all the mud slinging - I've actually learned a lot here and have come to understand Christians much better than I did before.
Keep looking for the love - you'll find it! Go to the friendship thread or the Sacred Circle- we're all about the love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity