Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I notice that no one answers my question...

If God is truly in control, what's all the hype about? Muslims or no muslims, mosque or no mosque, Obama or no Obama, God is doing all things according to His will.

Maybe His will is not your will??

Blessings,
brian
Exactly ... The scriptures clearly teach that God is the one who puts it into the hearts of the 10 kings to give their power over to the beast. He does it so that all these things should happen and so that his will might be done.

I don't understand the whole "resistance" mentality ... Who are you really resisting? We should spend our time reaching out to others in love and in faith that all will work out according to the will of God.

Nemaste ...

Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Betsey, I merged two of your posts together since I think they really need to be addressed together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
All of us can't be cowards now can we........somebody got to stand for the truth!! I'm quite sure, I'm not alone. We're quite capable of loving people.... don't have to embrace their ways.
So can you tell me how this Pastor's charitable act has anything at all to do with embracing Islam, because I just don't get it.

Quote:
Lending your church to an Islamic center, building a mosque at ground zero...

...So it's "un-christian" now to refuse them to build a mosque at the very site of America's first "terrorist attack?
No one wants to build a mosque at Ground Zero. It's several blocks away from "the very site" you're talking about. Exactly how far away would it have to be before it was far enough away for you? Three blocks? Seven blocks? Ten blocks? Fourteen blocks? For crying out loud, can't you see how juvenile this all is?

Quote:
...president can't find his birth paper...what's next?
I don't know, but I'm sure you'll come up with something, because if this statement has anything whatsoever to do with anything other than your own bigotry, I'm sure I can't see what it might be. I mean, I fail to see how this thread has anything at all to do with Obama. The only conceivable reason I can see for you to have brought this up is because of some sort of paranoia on your part.

You say that we're quite capable of loving people, but your post certainly doesn't give me any kind of a sense of love. It's full of nothing but hate. It's brimming over with irrational fear. Jesus told us not only to love our neighbors but to love our enemies. You seem to have forgotten that. You're capable of loving the people who share your religious beliefs and political ideology but apparently not anyone whose beliefs differ from yours. Everybody in this world who believes differently from you, Betsey, is not your enemy. You will never get to the point where you can love your enemies until you can at least get to the point where you can appreciate a truly Christian gesture towards good, decent people who want nothing more than to worship God according to the dictates of their own consciences.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
In answer to the op.

Both pastors are a good example of the love that Christ taught..Many would certainly benefit by their actions..No religious bashing, self righteousness or holier than thou attitude..

A building is just a building..We are the temple. We are the Church. Christ shows through us, not the doors and windows of a building..

Old 09-09-2010, 07:30 PM

621 posts, read 1,210,782 times
I think the reason this is an issue is because Jesus said He was the way, truth, and life, and that no man came to the Father but by Him - but Muslims reject that teaching, as well as the divinity and resurrection of Jesus, which are core tenets of Christianity. So for a church to allow Muslims to hold worship services in a church makes it appear as though the church is encouraging a form of worship which is counter to the revealed truth. In other words, it appears as a betrayal of the Lord by allowing those who reject Him to worship in a building which has been dedicated to Him.

This really has nothing to do with a lack of love for our enemies. It is about loyalty to the truth.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No one wants to build a mosque at Ground Zero. It's several blocks away from "the very site" you're talking about. Exactly how far away would it have to be before it was far enough away for you? Three blocks? Seven blocks? Ten blocks? Fourteen blocks? For crying out loud, can't you see how juvenile this all is?
There is a strip club the same distance from ground zero as the mosque will be, no one seems to freak about that.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Guys....

The OP of this thread pertained to a Christian minister lending his church building to Muslims.

I realize that this is the Christianity forum, and that members have very heartfelt feelings as regards their Christian faith, and defending that. I realize that what is currently going on politically, and more immediately, in the news, brings about strong feelings. --Especially for Christians. Most importantly, I realize we are two days away from the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and all that is entailed in that....

~Nonetheless, threads need to stay "on topic." I have tried to give as much "leeway" as possible in this thread, taking all of the above into account. However, given the number of "off topic" posts that did not specifically address the OP, sadly, this thread has to be closed.

~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity