Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times

Advertisements

With all the recent uproar over the "ground zero" Islamic Center, burning Korans, etc, I never thought we'd EVER see this:

Countdown with Keith Olbermann Countdown with Keith Olbermann

What do you all think? Is this the proper Christian response, or no?

Bud

Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,744 times
Default The Truth

If the pastor of that church fails to seize the opportunity to preach the Gospel of Christ to those who are openly opposed to Jesus Christ being the only way to The Eternal One, then he's only providing comfort to a monster hiding behind a smiling face. God is not ing. The Blessings of The Eternal One are with His Christ...

Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
With all the recent uproar over the "ground zero" Islamic Center, burning Korans, etc, I never thought we'd EVER see this:

Bud

Coming out of lurk mode to say I think that this is a BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL thing. Love your neighbor as yourself in action.

The misguided Koran burner could learn a LOT from this man.

peace,
sparrow

Old 09-09-2010, 02:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Default God is love

Quote:

Bud
Thanks for the link, Bud! I was watching a video about the Muslim population explosion here in Europe

YouTube - Muslim Demographics

and I see two basic reactions happening, especially in the US.
One, people who are radical, intolerant, other-religion-hating, (probably including the ones who made the video I've posted here..)

and other people such as Pastor Stone which you've put as the OP.

I believe God is Love. I agree with the pastor that we must love our neighbors, AND preach that very Love we feel in our hearts (if we really do have the Witness in us!).

This is a great topic, and will probably become more and more important as we move into the future.
It seems to me now, that these two types of Christians: those who condemn Muslims, and those who love them and do not throw stones, are a type of "goats and sheep" Jesus talked of.

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-09-2010, 05:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thanks for the link, Bud! I was watching a video about the Muslim population explosion here in Europe

YouTube - Muslim Demographics

and I see two basic reactions happening, especially in the US.
One, people who are radical, intolerant, other-religion-hating, (probably including the ones who made the video I've posted here..)

and other people such as Pastor Stone which you've put as the OP.

I believe God is Love. I agree with the pastor that we must love our neighbors, AND preach that very Love we feel in our hearts (if we really do have the Witness in us!).

This is a great topic, and will probably become more and more important as we move into the future.
It seems to me now, that these two types of Christians: those who condemn Muslims, and those who love them and do not throw stones, are a type of "goats and sheep" Jesus talked of.

Blessings,
brian
Oh Yes....there are way too many so called "Christians" who talk the talk...but not very many of them actually WALK THE WALK.

This pastor is doing a great thing that people who actually want to be called and recognized as true "Christians" should take note of.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:56 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:

Bud
Absolutely! After the tsunami a few years ago, the LDS Church delivered all kinds of food, clothing and hygiene supplies to the area (which was predominently Muslim). We also delivered a shipment of Korans. (We got criticized heavily for it, too.)

Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:

Bud
Yes and no.

Yes in that we always encouraged be love our neighbor

No in that that church that professes to hold to the truth allowing to have a false religion in their sanctuary. Jesus drove out "den of thieves" from God's house, do you think he wouldn't have done the same over a false religion?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
I noticed that the "pastor" of the Koran-burning church used to preach in Germany, until the congregation kicked him out!
Islamophobe's Past in Germany: Terry Jones Accused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

We need to be sensitive, folks!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I noticed that the "pastor" of the Koran-burning church used to preach in Germany, until the congregation kicked him out!
Islamophobe's Past in Germany: Terry Jones Accused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

We need to be sensitive, folks!!

Blessings,
brian
More to the point...you need to be CHRISTLIKE...end of story.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,867,976 times
Quote:

Bud
I suspect this to be a very good christian response, however rare it may be in actuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity