Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,633,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Wow. Simply wow. I simply don't know whether you are lazy or just choose to live in ignorance. Because your blanket observations are typically so far off the mark, I'm just guessing that you're detached from reality.

If I were using your same approach in talking about Catholics, I would make the statement that all Catholic priests are spoiling to bugger the altar boys at the first opportunity, with the Vatican looking on with approval. After all, if a few think that way, then everybody thinks that way, right?

In short, what is this pathological need you have to smear fellow Christians, and not even do a good job of it?
Maybe my thread title was a bit snarky, but my original post is spot on. It's a simple analogy that demonstrates the ease at which you can wrongly interpret scripture when you don't go to the source and then wrap a new Christian denomination around that interpretation or a set of interpretations just like it.

Your analogy of the priest is a bad one. You are right, you can't judge Catholicism by the actions of 2% of the priests. However, the analogy I made for the origins of new protestant denominations is unequivocally 100% accurate. Name one protestant denomination that wasn't started by a man, a bible, and an opinion and I will send you a cigar.

Who is right and who is wrong? Maybe some are mostly right and some are mostly wrong. Some maybe completely wrong, but ONLY ONE CAN BE COMPLETELY RIGHT. That one is the Jesus created church. The one that Jesus protects. The one that Jesus gave His appointed leader the keys (authority) to the kingdom of heaven. Yea, that would be the Catholic Church. As painful as that might be to some folks, that is the historical and spiritual truth.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
(mod][/mod]

When we compare in a derrogatory manner one sect, denomination, religion within the realm of Christianity, we are in essence "bashing" anothers beliefs which is against the TOS of this forum..As usual when that happens people's tempers get a bit rattled and that leads to personal attacks, flames etc..
Therefore this thread is closed and will remain closed..

Blessings to all this beautiful day with a hint of fall in it

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-24-2010 at 10:47 AM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity