Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? Luke 15:4

The Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost Luke 19:10

You DID NOT choose me, but I chose you. John 15:16

When I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself. John 12:32

I did not come to judge the world, but to SAVE it. John 12:47

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him. Psalm 22:27

All peoples on earth will be blessed through you. Genesis 12:3
Hopefully, people will attend to those verses and not think they are only in the Bibles of universalists but that they are indeed the Word of God Himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's pretty simple Thrill, what is born of the flesh(the old man) is flesh, it can produce nothing that is spiritual as much as it tries to.I gave up trying to live the christian life years ago, i also gave up fighting sin,fighting the devil and all the other stuff that appears religious.What i can tell you,is that through gazing upon the beauty of the Lord my heart has softened because i know i'm loved by him,and due to that i can and do love others(fullfilling the law), there are some that would have us believe keeping the commandments is loving God , but the scriptures tell us it's the other way round,it's loving our neighbor . Romans 13:8-10 .
If you don't mind me asking, pcamps, have you been successful in overcoming sin, generally speaking? I mean, I know we all commit "little" sins (little lies, losing our tempers, etc.) but have you overcome the "big" ones (sinful sexual actions outside marriage, ongoing hatred & unforgiveness, chronic lying, cheating, stealing in all forms, selfishness etc.)?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If you don't mind me asking, pcamps, have you been successful in overcoming sin, generally speaking? I mean, I know we all commit "little" sins (little lies, petty temporary anger, etc.) but have you overcome the "big" ones (sexual actions outside marriage, ongoing hatred & unforgiveness, chronic pathological lying, etc.)?
I have always been faithful, never had a problem with hatred and unforgiveness and never been a chronic pathological liar, before and after believing.If you knew me in real life though you would not think i was a christian, although i do much of what appears to be christianity, i pray, read the scriptures,witness and so on, but i count all these things but loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
The most important thing in my life is thinking on whatsoever is true,pure,lovely,noble and admirable, and the wonderful thing is Thrill, i find all these things in him.So guess where i am looking.
Hope this answer your question

Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Not once did i say i hated God's word and you know that......
pcamps, FYI.....John 12:48, Matthew 25:46 are God's Word. To say that "Actually you are not repeating God's word , you are telling us what you believe you god(the bible) is saying." ...(I believe you meant to say "your god (the bible) is saying"...is a form of hatred.
  1. I am repeating God's Word
  2. to spell it with a small "g" is to claim that I believe in a false god
  3. to have (the bible) after the small "g" is to claim that the bible is a false god
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

UR opposition to it is a form of hate and a Satanic lie. I'm more convienced of this now than ever.

Quote:
Christendom has screwed up the good news, just like the scribes and pharisees did with the law and then try's passing it onto us as the word of God.
More UR propaganda.

Quote:
Quit with your few are saved Revelation speaks of multitudes upon multitudes worshipping the Lamb that was slain.How come you never mention this ?
The KJV and the NIV has only one verse with the word "multitudes" ... Rev 17:15

(And even the UR'ers go to poor translation YLT has "multitudes" in only one verse !!!) Rev 17:15

Verse 14 is about those who make war against the Lamb (ref to Jesus), verse 15 are the ones who do and that's where the word "multitudes appear:

KJV These shall make war with the Lamb......And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

NIV They will wage war against the Lamb.....Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

"Multitudes" are actually waging war against Jesus....hardly an act of worshipping him.

Quote:
The ministry of death you love doesn't even give a chance for the brokenhearted,the blind,the captives,the bruised and the poor,because there is no good news in your message, because you never learnt the lesson of your master freely wiping your debt clean.If you had your message would be "come see", and not repent or else......life and death are in the power of the tongue.....

Once more, UR is a theology of despise. UR theology promotes that Jesus has no right to deem what's just or fair. Ultimatly UR theology wants to be the judge.

UR theology is a lie...straight from hell.

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
twin.spin.
really?
Did you really say that...?
Yes.

These are God's words, not my "take". To say "Actually you are not repeating God's word , you are telling us what you believe you[r] god (the bible) is saying." is an outright attack on the Bible.

I'm tired of this phony plastic banana hippie "love". Speaking to the theology of UR ONLY .... Satan wants no more than those who reject him to come to believe that God will not damn them for it. It is outright hatred for the unbeliever to leave them believing in a false security.

That is what UR theology does. Allows those who reject Jesus a place in heaven when Jesus specifically says otherwise.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:38 PM

Twin Spin i said forget that i believe UR. Nothing i posted is anything different to what i believed for quite a while prior to believing UR,i have never believed anything like you have,and like i have already said to you even if ET or annihilation is true, your message would still be considered a ministry of sin,condemnation and death to me.You can't even put a post that comes anywhere near the good news , because you do not believe there is any.

Jesus said go tell your friends what great things that God has done for you ,and not go and tell them they are dirty rotten sinners and if you don't believe you are and don't believe in Jesus you are damned

Last edited by pcamps; 11-17-2010 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
You can't even put a post that comes anywhere near the good news , because you do not believe there is any.
You come across sounding very judgmental. You might want to tone it down a little.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You come across sounding very judgmental. You might want to tone it down a little.
Amen Finn , if Damnation is good news i'm a Dutchman.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-17-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Twin Spin i said forget that i believe UR. Nothing i posted is anything different to what i believed for quite a while prior to believing UR,i have never believed anything like you have,and like i have already said to you even if ET or annihilation is true, your message would still be considered a ministry of sin,condemnation and death to me.You can't even put a post that comes anywhere near the good news , because you do not believe there is any.

Jesus said go tell your friends what great things that God has done for you ,and not go and tell them they are dirty rotten sinners and if you don't believe you are and don't believe in Jesus you are damned
pcamps,
After the disciples were sent out to announce the good news, Jesus instructed the disciples to say to any town that rejected the message tell them they are dirty rotten sinners and if you don't believe you are and don't believe in Jesus you are damned

Luke 10:10-12
But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
pcamps,
After the disciples were sent out to announce the good news, Jesus instructed the disciples to say to any town that rejected the message tell them they are dirty rotten sinners and if you don't believe you are and don't believe in Jesus you are damned

Luke 10:10-12
But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
You see Finn, you really couldn't make it up . Anything that appears to be good news,gets beaten down.Out of the abundance of the heart.

Strain at a gnat and swallowing a camel,neglecting the more weighter matters of the law,justice mercy and faithfulness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity