Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 06:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen Finn , if Damnation is good news i'm a Dutchman.
I am sure you can make your points without questioning other people's beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:09 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,992,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? Luke 15:4

The Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost Luke 19:10

You DID NOT choose me, but I chose you. John 15:16

When I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself. John 12:32

I did not come to judge the world, but to SAVE it. John 12:47

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him. Psalm 22:27

All peoples on earth will be blessed through you. Genesis 12:3
So then .sparrow how should we interpret these:

Quote:
though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be destroyed forever.
Quote:
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."
Quote:
The soul who sins shall die
Quote:
rebels and sinners shall be destroyed together,
and those who forsake the Lord shall be consumed
Quote:
“…as the tongue of fire devours the stubble,
and as dry grass sinks down in the flame,
so their root will become rotten,
and their blossom go up like dust,
for they have rejected the instruction of the Lord of hosts…”
Quote:
the wicked will perish
Quote:
[The wicked] “shall be cut off…and…will be no more; though you look diligently for their place, they will not be found

Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,992,673 times
Quote:
I have always been faithful, never had a problem with hatred and unforgiveness and never been a chronic pathological liar, before and after believing.If you knew me in real life though you would not think i was a christian, although i do much of what appears to be christianity, i pray, read the scriptures,witness and so on, but i count all these things but loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
The most important thing in my life is thinking on whatsoever is true,pure,lovely,noble and admirable, and the wonderful thing is Thrill, i find all these things in him.So guess where i am looking.
Hope this answer your question
Yes, it does. You are that rare individual who has truly "overcome".

Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, it does. You are that rare individual who has truly "overcome".
If you met me i think you would think i am the chief of all sinners, really.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
You see Finn, you really couldn't make it up . Anything that appears to be good news,gets beaten down.Out of the abundance of the heart.

Strain at a gnat and swallowing a camel,neglecting the more weighter matters of the law,justice mercy and faithfulness.
You think you preach good news by questioning other people's beliefs? Attacking others seems to be the weightiest matter to you. That's what it sounds like anyway.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,962,948 times
Quote:
So then .sparrow how should we interpret these:
You should probably start by looking in the mirror at the carnal man that resides within and realize that God has started a good work in ALL of the human beings He has created, not just a select few. You can start by realizing that the "wicked" within you (general you), the part within you that resists love.... is perishing. That is where you should start, friend. It's where we should all start. Love conquers ALL.

As in Adam, all die... so in Christ all shall be MADE alive.

His plan is 100% perfect. I am fully confident. No one can take this peace from me.
I believe in a Creator who will not fail His creation. I have full confidence and faith in HIM who created us.
peace,
sparrow

Old 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think you preach good news by questioning other people's beliefs? Attacking others seems to be the weightiest matter to you. That's what it sounds like anyway.
No Finn i disagree that damnation is the good news , i disagree that God is against man , i disagree that we are called to slam sin or the sinner and unfortunately for yourself Finn , you are blind to the fact that you are continually doing what you accuse me of , along with false allegations and name calling,and all because i rub you up the wrong way for challenging and rejecting what you believe.

And if you took the time to look there is good news for all in every post i post. I haven't forgotten what great mercy the Lord as shown me and will never hold anyone accountable for what God has forgiven me of, and believe me i cannot begin to tell you the debt i owed.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM

595 posts, read 763,789 times
Quote:
lego, these are excellent questions but I'm not sure the Bible gives definitive answers for them. It does say we will be ruling and reigning with Christ. I often wonder myself what in heck we will be doing for all eternity. On the one hand Jesus says, "Enter into your rest. On the other hand many scholars say we will be doing anything but resting for eternity---that we will be hard at work ministering God's kingdom. Of course "rest" and "work" are abstract terms in the spiritual realm. Far as I can tell we only have Isaiah's promise

or in its more famous version in Corinthians

that we will be eternally happy with God in heaven. But nowhere that I am aware of in the Bible does it speak in detail of what we will actually be doing with all our time so anything anyone says to try to answer that is really just speculation.

One idea: there are an awful lot of galaxies out there. Did God create them for no purpose? If I had my druthers I'd like to be working with God's blessing and communion and with the help of a good spouse to be populating them for all eternity. Sort of like an Adam and Eve redoux, but without the serpent around to gum up the works. That's my secret little wish. But don't tell anyone.
Work in Heaven
  1. Revelation 1:6
    and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
  2. Revelation 5:10
    You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”
  3. Revelation 7:15
    Therefore, “they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.
  4. Revelation 22:3
    No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
God Bless,
Mercy

Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Twin spin you know what is so shocking and insulting to God about your few will be saved and many will be damned belief is ? the fact that every attribute of God is in abundance,overflowing,beyond comprehension, nothing that could compare, it's incessant, it never ends, he even owns the cattle on a thousand hills and yet he lacks in the department of being able to save the many ? , you just couldn't make it up.

When Jesus told his disciples to throw the nets the other side, they caught an abundance , i think it's a great lesson to all of us that God does absolutely nothing in short measure, and this includes the salvation of man too. What a wonderful God he is.

He put a new song in mouth a song of praise to our God.MANY will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord Psalm 40:3 Hallelujah The God of abundance.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-17-2010 at 06:52 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No Finn i disagree that damnation is the good news
I haven't seen anyone make such claim, so who are you disagreeing with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity