Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,585,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, in the "heat of the battle" we tend to get passionate about being right and winning the debate as opposed to being passionate about edifying others. It's not easy being human.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Good thread Finn!

Verses for thought:

2 Tim 2
22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

2 Peter 1
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.
8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble,
11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

As in all things, love is the key.
Quote:
The key is to act it, not just talk about it. Yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes. That's what love is, right? Love is an action - being patient, kind, gentle, forgiving, selfless, with self-control, etc. That is what I mean when I'm talking about love.

Indeed that is the tricky part.
By Jove!!! Unity of brethren truly on display here and I say Aye...

Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,734 times
I am a wicked servant, I acknowledge this, I simply know that God is so much greater than me that is the direction I will go, this doesn't mean I beat myself up or have no hope in Jesus, I simply am not going to pretend to be anyone I am not.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I am a wicked servant, I acknowledge this, I simply know that God is so much greater than me that is the direction I will go, this doesn't mean I beat myself up or have no hope in Jesus, I simply am not going to pretend to be anyone I am not.
To be wicked, or not to be wicked is a choise most of the time. You can choose o forgive, or not to forgive.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-19-2010 at 03:55 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,639,145 times
Quote:
To be wicked, or not to be wocked is a choise most of the time. You can choose o forgive, or not to forgive.
wocked?

Old 11-19-2010, 03:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,585,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
wocked?
Now now Ilene...don't be picky...just enjoy the short respite from....we all know it's short lived.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Now now Ilene...don't be picky...just enjoy the short respite from....we all know it's short lived.
Yeah I know, short-lived. I always enjoy Finn's spelling and grammatical errors but he takes it pretty hard.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
wocked?
I often neglect to read what I have typed....

Old 11-19-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I often neglect to read what I have typed....
I know, keep up the good work.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:57 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times

Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 AM

202 posts, read 353,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Ahhhh. Such a good thread. I think sometimes God removes the blinders from our eyes so we can take a good spiritual look at one another to let us remember that we are brothers and sisters in Him despite our doctrinal differences.

I see Christians edifying one another here, and a gathering of the church..God Bless you all.

Let me point out that not everyone posting in this thread is "Christian".

My point with that is to recognize that while we may associate with different religions, there are often many more similarities than there are differences, especially when it comes to the core values. Religion is merely the language of spirituality. Meaning that just as there are different languages in the world with which we use to communicate with one another (spanish, english, french, arabic, etc - one is not better than the other, just different and particular to the region and history and culture one comes from) - the language of spirituality is the way with which we communicate with God and about God and the deeper meaning of this life and this world and this existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.