Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:54 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So let me understand this: part of Revelation deals with the downfall of Jerusalem in 70 AD and part refers to the so-called end-times?
Actually, Revelation deals with human history encompassing all events. Those who have set themselves up as rulers, to the lost sheep in bondage. Those who have kept themselves unstained in the kosmos(world-systems), to those who keep the commandments.

Even you are in there Thrill. What Jesus is telling you, is find out where. If you are a Christian, then you are in the churches in the beginning. Which church?

It is only when you succumb to the King, wholly, that you make it to Revelation 21. A new beginning. A new spirit, and a new body. Born anew.

So, if you were to take away ALL of the books of the Bible, and read ONLY The Revelation OF Jesus Christ, through a Spiritual lens, you would still understand the Spirit of Christ, because that is what is being 'revealed', to YOU and FOR YOU! His battles, which are YOUR battles. His trials, which are YOUR trials. His triumphs, which are YOUR triumphs. His love, pure and simple. FOR you.

So to toss it out, is to toss out probably the most important book in ALL of the Bible.

It is the Truth, and it is the consequences. It shows the path to life, and also to death. You might just say, it is knowledge, understanding and wisdom compressed.

So, to those who cannot 'see', nor 'hear',,,then you are not looking, nor listening.

Peace,

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
So let me understand this: part of Revelation deals with the downfall of Jerusalem in 70 AD and part refers to the so-called end-times?
No, I was not saying that, I was just agreeing with you, that particular thing has already happened but I do not read into it the other things that you do. Sorry, I didn't mean to make it ambiguous. Hard to put into writing all that is in my mind.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, Revelation deals with human history encompassing all events. Those who have set themselves up as rulers, to the lost sheep in bondage. Those who have kept themselves unstained in the kosmos(world-systems), to those who keep the commandments.

Even you are in there Thrill. What Jesus is telling you, is find out where. If you are a Christian, then you are in the churches in the beginning. Which church?

It is only when you succumb to the King, wholly, that you make it to Revelation 21. A new beginning. A new spirit, and a new body. Born anew.

So, if you were to take away ALL of the books of the Bible, and read ONLY The Revelation OF Jesus Christ, through a Spiritual lens, you would still understand the Spirit of Christ, because that is what is being 'revealed', to YOU and FOR YOU! His battles, which are YOUR battles. His trials, which are YOUR trials. His triumphs, which are YOUR triumphs. His love, pure and simple. FOR you.

So to toss it out, is to toss out probably the most important book in ALL of the Bible.

It is the Truth, and it is the consequences. It shows the path to life, and also to death. You might just say, it is knowledge, understanding and wisdom compressed.

So, to those who cannot 'see', nor 'hear',,,then you are not looking, nor listening.

Peace,

Tony
I'm flabbergasted, Hot. I don't really know what to say without sounding cynical. Some of the most respected theologians in history have openly said that Revelation should have been thrown out of the Bible right from the get-go. Their names are readily available on the internet.

I will say that some can choose to interpret Revelation as a long historical tapestry of mankind culminating in what appears to be mankind's demise by global warming, since I and most climatologists believe that mankind will be wiped out by a rise in global temperatures that will decimate mankind over the next couple hundred years. I suppose we could look at the end of the world as described in Revelation as being along natural lines like that.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-23-2011 at 10:15 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:

And you really believe that three horses with heads of lions that spew fire and brimstone out of their mouths will ride around and destroy 1/3 of roughly 9-10 billion people??????
\

No, I did not mean to imply that. I was only agreeing with some things you said about 66-70 AD. But not that it fulfilled Revelation or the fullness of the Great Tribulation. Certainly, any one can see that the Holocaust along with the other destructions that have happened after 70 AD has been greater than what happened in 66-70 AD. From circa 66-70 AD till now and the rest of the future comprise the Great Tribulation that MT 24:21 "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." speaks of.

It seems improbable that God would have the book of Revelation just to talk about 66-70 AD. Besides it is not by my mere study of Revelation that justifies my understanding. I have the Spirit to bear me wittiness.
REV 1:3 "Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear [by the spirit] the words of this prophecy," I am blessed. I do not however understand all of it but only some.
REV 2:17 "He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna,[hidden truths]"

The three horsemen are fallen Angels who sucker fools into war and the like. They are invisible forces that lie [REV 9:19 "For their power is in their mouth,"] REV 9:11 "And they had a king over them, which is the Angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue has his name Apollyon." which means destroyer.
The fire and brimstone are only symbolic of destruction. They are plagues such as war, war and more war.

This all happens because mankind for the most rejects the Truth. The hope of God is that through the suffering that man brings upon himself by obeying the Devil, he will call upon the Lord for salvation and some will.

Last edited by garya123; 06-23-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
I'm flabbergasted, Hot. I don't really know what to say without sounding cynical. Some of the most respected theologians in history have openly said that Revelation should have been thrown out of the Bible right from the get-go. Their names are readily available on the internet.

I will say that some can choose to interpret Revelation as a long historical tapestry of mankind culminating in what appears to be mankind's demise by global warming, since I and most climatologists believe that mankind will be wiped out by a rise in global temperatures that will decimate mankind over the next couple hundred years. I suppose we could look at the end of the world as described in Revelation as being along natural lines like that.
Hey Thrill...it is because they looked for a future coming of Christ...that's why it was gibberish...if they just opened some older manuscripts....it would have solved their dilemma.

Murdock Syriac (5th Century)
The Revelation, which was made by God to John the Evangelist, in the island of Patmos, to which he was banished by Nero the Emperor."

Etheridge Syriac (5th Century)
THE REVELATION WHICH WAS MADE UNTO JUHANON THE EVANGELIST, FROM ALOHA, IN PATHAMON THE ISLAND, WHITHER HE HAD BEEN CAST BY NERO CAESAR.

Well, that settles it!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
That is whats wrong with people today, they don't understand something so they turn to another source that can easilty brainwash you in to their way of thinking, make it easy for you to read and then the person accepts the idiocracy as fact.

The OP has been duped.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:

Go ahead and reject it...lets see where that gets you...

"And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
I'm flabbergasted, Hot. I don't really know what to say without sounding cynical.
But that is ok Thrill. We ALL have to walk our journies into His Truth. You are just on your particular part of this point in your life. Have you checked out the churches yet? Which one tugs at YOUR spirit?

Quote:
Some of the most respected theologians in history have openly said that Revelation should have been thrown out of the Bible right from the get-go.
Can you blame them? Personally, I would not give Revelation over to carnal interpretation either. Most of the Bible is, and can be, taken that way. Revelation is replete with symbols, imagery, and fantastic visions. So, most TRY to interpret that which they do not know. Look what has happened in 2000 years? The whole 'end-times' based theology and false teachers riding the beast have taken their part in stripping honest folks out of their first calling, for another. They have forgone their liberty IN Christ to serve the same beast she is riding. This is why they are the harlot, or her daughters. It has been the same since the begininng, and will be the same unto our ends. It is only when a generation is called out,,,a remnant,,,holy to God and serving the King alone that change, REAL change takes place, for God protects those who are His. Psalms 91 comes to mind, as well as countless, 'against all odds' throughtout history.

Quote:
Their names are readily available on the internet.
Too much discussion can be dangerous. The internet is wonderful in that the world of knowledge is at our fingertips, but at the same time can be a thorn in our sides, for without Wisdom from above, knowledge is useless.

Quote:
You are free to look at it however you want to. But, honestly, I do not see this in there. If you do, it is because the Spirit chooses this for you at this point in your walk with Him.

It is like you can read a verse a thousand times, and yet when the Light goes on, the wisdom is given. Even though you KNOW this verse, yet do not have the Wisdom to discern it. Sadly enough, when we do not have the Wisdom, we are ignorant. Not of His fault, nor really ours. It is that is just ins't time for us to learn it as given by Him. The strong meat, given to those who are mature. Most of us are still wallowing in the milk.

I am glad you are seeking True Meat.

Peace,

Tony

Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
THE REVELATION WHICH WAS MADE UNTO JUHANON THE EVANGELIST, FROM ALOHA, IN PATHAMON THE ISLAND,
Can we be certain that wasn't Hawaii Nero sent John to?

"Have a good exile, John. I know you're gonna like this place; number one tourist destination for all Mediterraneans. Oh, why don't you write a book while you're there."

Sorry to be so flip. I couldn't resist when I saw aloha.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Can we be certain that wasn't Hawaii Nero sent John to?

"Have a good exile, John. I know you're gonna like this place; number one tourist destination for all Mediterraneans. Oh, why don't you write a book while you're there."

Sorry to be so flip. I couldn't resist when I saw aloha.
LOL...actually Hawaiians somehow adopted the term, which refers to God.

Hawaiian Spirituality - Mahealani Kuamo'o | Ho`opono Pono Ke Ala for today`s modern lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity