Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 05:42 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,018,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Talk about religious fanaticism. You responded to a thirteen year old post?
And you responded to mine. It was made quite clear to me that we should keep new posts to a minimum, and stick to the subjects already at hand. That subject is still, if not more relevant than the day it was posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 07:13 AM

20,469 posts, read 12,866,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Weren't those all interactions with people in his own religion?

Also, the Pharisees were Jewish, just like Jesus.
Jesus came for the Jew first, then the Gentile. Regarding other religions, Jesus said He was the only way to God. Do you believe His words do NOT apply to others?

Old 04-24-2020, 08:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,107,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
In response to another thread, maybe we can discuss why some feel that allowing other religions into ones life after becoming a Christian can be referred to as "whoring" around.
I allow non-Christians to walk into my home all the time. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Do I allow them to come into my home and teach my family a false religion? Nope.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,471,391 times
Quote:
In response to another thread, maybe we can discuss why some feel that allowing other religions into ones life after becoming a Christian can be referred to as "whoring" around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Hi Guy, no sir we Christians would never consider leaving the faith. We made a dedication to our God Jehovah, and that vow was to serve Him for an eternity.
Quote:
Talk about religious fanaticism. You responded to a thirteen year old post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
And you responded to mine. It was made quite clear to me that we should keep new posts to a minimum, and stick to the subjects already at hand. That subject is still, if not more relevant than the day it was posted.
You didn't even address the statement or question, and merely used it as a platform for your religious fanaticism.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I allow non-Christians to walk into my home all the time. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Do I allow them to come into my home and teach my family a false religion? Nope.
I also associate with non-Christians or those of another faith, including atheists but wouldn't call that "whoring" around?

Old 04-24-2020, 02:00 PM

37,346 posts, read 28,420,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Do they pop around for a nice cup of tea and a nice chin wag or is a more formal visit ?.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:33 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,157,819 times
Quote:
This is an old thread so the OP is likely not going to reply. But just what does it mean to allow other religions?

I don't have an issue with knowing about other religions. I think if you're going to declare the good news of God's Kingdom or make disciples (followers of Christ) having a rudimentary knowledge of another's beliefs would help establish common ground.

However, practicing interfaith?
If you think about it religions can share various values. Why might that be? If we are all descendants of one man and woman there would be one original source of beliefs. So you can have Buddhists and Christians who value peace within their households and neighbors even though the beliefs are different.

But there is no support for interfaith in the Bible.
Jesus himself says, "“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."-Matthew 7:13,14.

Just because Christians, some anyway, don't incorporate other religious practices in their spiritual routine doesn't make them hateful or ignorant. We may not agree with others beliefs but we still respect others with different beliefs.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Just because Christians, some anyway, don't incorporate other religious practices in their spiritual routine doesn't make them hateful or ignorant. We may not agree with others beliefs but we still respect others with different beliefs.
Diversity should teach you to love the differences in people, and their beliefs without judgment.

However, dust yourself off when leaving my house of loving ALL humanity, not just your group?
As I do NOT believe in the ETERNAL DAMNATION that fundamentalists or you religion teaches.

And I have NO FEAR of your end time scenarios of condemnation from the minds of religious men.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,157,819 times
Quote:
This is an old thread so the OP is likely not going to reply. But just what does it mean to allow other religions?

I don't have an issue with knowing about other religions. I think if you're going to declare the good news of God's Kingdom or make disciples (followers of Christ) having a rudimentary knowledge of another's beliefs would help establish common ground.

However, practicing interfaith?
If you think about it religions can share various values. Why might that be? If we are all descendants of one man and woman there would be one original source of beliefs. So you can have Buddhists and Christians who value peace within their households and neighbors even though the beliefs are different.

But there is no support for interfaith in the Bible.
Jesus himself says, "“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."-Matthew 7:13,14.

Quote:
Diversity should teach you to love the differences in people, and their beliefs without judgment.

However, dust yourself off when leaving my house of loving ALL humanity, not just your group?
As I do NOT believe in the ETERNAL DAMNATION that fundamentalists or you religion teaches.

And I have NO FEAR of your end time scenarios of condemnation from the minds of religious men.

God teaches me to love the differences in people. Diversity was never meant to separate us. Instead it was meant to appreciate the love God showed in creating a world that is much more than black and white.

Some are quick to judge those who view God's Word as more than just fiction. Such people approach Christian teachings as one would approach a buffet table. That teaching is palatable but this other teaching is unpalatable.

"I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me."-John 14:6

Does what Jesus said offend you? Do you like to pick and choose what's palatable and what isn't?
Does it make you a more peaceful and righteous person believing that all beliefs lead to God?

So you think we are all about that eternal damnation and condemnation huh? Well that must make us just the worst folks out there. But there's never been a time that JWs killed their fellow believers in carnal warfare or others for that matter.

JWs were hacked to death along with the people of the opposite tribe who they hid from the roving crazed killers in Rwanda -that's a fact.

JWs were exterminated in Nazi concentration camps because they wouldn't agree to pledge allegiance to a murderous regime. Fact.

Same in the Soviet Union when they were stripped of their belongings and exiled to Siberia. Same as what is happening now in Russia.

And yet you could live next to me as a Muslim, Jew, Catholic, Buddhist, LGBQT, atheist and even someone who judges me just for being a JW. Not knowing me at all. Yet know that I will not be a source of anxiety or harm to you.

But here's the thing. The Bible also teaches that there will be a resurrection of those who don't know the true God. There's a reason in Revelation it talks about a millennium because you have to bring back people to a place that provides the peace and security needed to teach people about God A loving God still offers hope to those who never truly had a chance to come to know him.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
God teaches me to love the differences in people. Diversity was never meant to separate us. Instead it was meant to appreciate the love God showed in creating a world that is much more than black and white.

Some are quick to judge those who view God's Word as more than just fiction. Such people approach Christian teachings as one would approach a buffet table. That teaching is palatable but this other teaching is unpalatable.

"I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me."-John 14:6

Does what Jesus said offend you? Do you like to pick and choose what's palatable and what isn't?
Does it make you a more peaceful and righteous person believing that all beliefs lead to God?

So you think we are all about that eternal damnation and condemnation huh? Well that must make us just the worst folks out there. But there's never been a time that JWs killed their fellow believers in carnal warfare or others for that matter.

JWs were hacked to death along with the people of the opposite tribe who they hid from the roving crazed killers in Rwanda -that's a fact.

JWs were exterminated in Nazi concentration camps because they wouldn't agree to pledge allegiance to a murderous regime. Fact.

Same in the Soviet Union when they were stripped of their belongings and exiled to Siberia. Same as what is happening now in Russia.

And yet you could live next to me as a Muslim, Jew, Catholic, Buddhist, LGBQT, atheist and even someone who judges me just for being a JW. Not knowing me at all. Yet know that I will not be a source of anxiety or harm to you.

But here's the thing. The Bible also teaches that there will be a resurrection of those who don't know the true God. There's a reason in Revelation it talks about a millennium because you have to bring back people to a place that provides the peace and security needed to teach people about God A loving God still offers hope to those who never truly had a chance to come to know him.
You can lay out the table cloth and fine china, but what is not palatable are the false teachings of a religion that plays a violin at dinner while condemning the majority of humanity. It doesn't take a gun to rob people. And the Jehovah witnesses have only been around from the 1870's as you well know. It is merely a new sect of Christianism that began with Charles Taze Russell. Tell me, where were they during the war of 1812? And the life or death struggle with Napoleon? You could also live next to me, however that does not mean that I will accept a lot of your beliefs, yet I would fight for you - if you were being harmed. Amazing how that works? You can live with your fiction of demons, the devil and Satan, as for me - I will fight to preserve the life of innocent children who are harmed in the real world. And those who are being oppressed, while you sit on your arse accepting a false two witness rule that condemns the innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity