Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,804,415 times

Advertisements

Yes, but only on Sunday evenings. Missionary position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,594,127 times
I wouldn't be so sure about there being no sex in Heaven. After all, sex itself is not wrong..it's what we do with it that makes it wrong. And, just like Jesus himself, we will take these very bodies to Heaven with us, though in an eternal form.

Note that Christ said we will be like the angels, and Gen. 6 makes it quite clear that angels can, indeed, engage in physical sex when in a human form. Also, note that the crowd wanted to have sex with the angels at Lot's house in Sodom, so it at least had to be possible.

In the end, to me, it's pretty much a non-issue. If we can, great! If not, great!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 AM

563 posts, read 932,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
it will be a brotherly -sisterly type of love,not romantic.and as far as I understand,we won't *need to eat,it will be for pleasure/social reasons only.(wedding feast comes to mind).
Brotherly - sisterly type of love. Hmmm. Oh, and wedding feasts. That's heaven?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:19 AM

563 posts, read 932,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Only Sundays? And what about the part of a day is like a thousand years? Dang it, it gets worse the more I think about it.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,970,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about there being no sex in Heaven. After all, sex itself is not wrong..it's what we do with it that makes it wrong. And, just like Jesus himself, we will take these very bodies to Heaven with us, though in an eternal form.

Note that Christ said we will be like the angels, and Gen. 6 makes it quite clear that angels can, indeed, engage in physical sex when in a human form. Also, note that the crowd wanted to have sex with the angels at Lot's house in Sodom, so it at least had to be possible.

In the end, to me, it's pretty much a non-issue. If we can, great! If not, great!
Yahushua said there will be no marriage in Heaven. That should tell you everything about this subject. Do you think were all going to be having sex with each other? And if it's with just one person then wouldn't that be marriage?

Those feelings you think you'll miss will pale in comparison to God's Joy.

Angels who had sex were in the flesh, as they were allowed to do and they sinned by having sex!!! Enoch tells us this was one of thier greatest downfalls.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,030,356 times
This is why I am converting to Islam - Virgins doing my bidding and all.

Christianity has to sweeten the deal with something close to some copulation or else I won't even recognize it.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:22 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,610,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My sister-in-law (a devout church-goer) once said to me she hoped there would be sex in heaven because she wasn't getting any on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post

Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,164,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHUX5cWD View Post
I'm sincerely interested in knowing this, so I'd really appreciate serious answers, please. I really don't know where to find the real answer in the Bible. I know Jesus said that we're going to be like the angels in Heaven at least regarding the fact that we won't be given in marriage. However, why would we need to eat there if we're going to be immortal without needing food to stay alive?

I wrote in the title that I'd like to think physical sex isn't there since it has perverted so much of society, but what's wrong with other romantic affection if you're in love with someone?

Thank-you.
First of all, I don't know the answer to your question and I'm about 99.9999% sure you're not going to find an answer in the Bible. That said, I have a couple of additional comments. With respect to Jesus' comments that we'll be "like angels" in Heaven, I think there is more than one way to understand that passage. I won't go into it in detail, since that's not the subject of this thread. I would, however, like to point out one thing: He said that we will "not marry" nor would we "be given in marriage." He did not say that marriages performed here on earth would necessarily be disolved in Heaven. As a matter of fact, there are a couple of clues to indicate that this will not be the case.

As to whether physical sex has been perverted in much of society, I would agree that it has. I don't think that sex is an innately perverted thing, though. It was, after all, ordained by God to perpetuate the species. Since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to think women will be continuing to have babies in Heaven, there will probably be no "need" for sex there any more than there will be a "need" for food.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,662,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

You hit on something that I was hoping someone had.....the fact that the bible clearly shows that angels can in fact have SEX. I feel sure that we will be able to, but probably will have no desire because we will be filled with pure joy, love and happiness.....no need for the dirty deed any longer. Suits me.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,164,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You hit on something that I was hoping someone had.....the fact that the bible clearly shows that angels can in fact have SEX. I feel sure that we will be able to, but probably will have no desire because we will be filled with pure joy, love and happiness.....no need for the dirty deed any longer. Suits me.
It kind of "suits me," too, Ilene. But I do wonder why you would call it "the dirty deed." I mean, it was God's way of keeping the human race from dying out. He was obviously capable of coming up with some other "method," but for some reason chose not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity