Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
He embraces us because only He can save us to begin with. We cannot manufacture belief or faith. He must give us a new heart in order to be saved. The one we have is not sufficient. But He doesn't just take us in because we acknowledge that He loves us.

Remember the doctrine of the Nicolaitans was to believe one can be saved without actually conforming to the image of Christ.

6. “This thou hast also, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes.”] But because thou thyself hatest those who hold the doctrines of the Nicolaitanes, thou expectest praise. Moreover, to hate the works of the Nicolaitanes, which He Himself also hated, this tends to praise. But the works of the Nicolaitanes were in that time false and troublesome men, who, as ministers under the name of Nicolaus, had made for themselves a heresy, to the effect that what had been offered to idols might be exorcised and eaten, and that whoever should have committed fornication might receive peace on the eighth day. Therefore He extols those to whom He is writing; and to these men, being such and so great, He promised the tree of life, which is in the paradise of His God.
Thus, says He, ye have among you those who hold such doctrine; and under the pretext of mercy, you would corrupt others.

I tell you there are SO MANY UNIVERSALIST that are preaching the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans. They preach that as long as God is going to save everyone do as you desire.

We cannot continue to fornicate with this world and expect to receive the next. We must give up this world in order to be saved. Thankfully God will have that happen. But until such time, as long as one is still acknowleding God and continuing in sinful practices - they deceiving only themselves.
I have never read of any universalist preaching do as you desire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have never read of any universalist preaching do as you desire.
I have.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:34 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
He embraces us because only He can save us to begin with. We cannot manufacture belief or faith. He must give us a new heart in order to be saved. The one we have is not sufficient. But He doesn't just take us in because we acknowledge that He loves us.

Remember the doctrine of the Nicolaitans was to believe one can be saved without actually conforming to the image of Christ.

6. “This thou hast also, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes.”] But because thou thyself hatest those who hold the doctrines of the Nicolaitanes, thou expectest praise. Moreover, to hate the works of the Nicolaitanes, which He Himself also hated, this tends to praise. But the works of the Nicolaitanes were in that time false and troublesome men, who, as ministers under the name of Nicolaus, had made for themselves a heresy, to the effect that what had been offered to idols might be exorcised and eaten, and that whoever should have committed fornication might receive peace on the eighth day. Therefore He extols those to whom He is writing; and to these men, being such and so great, He promised the tree of life, which is in the paradise of His God.
Thus, says He, ye have among you those who hold such doctrine; and under the pretext of mercy, you would corrupt others.

I tell you there are SO MANY UNIVERSALIST that are preaching the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans. They preach that as long as God is going to save everyone do as you desire.

We cannot continue to fornicate with this world and expect to receive the next. We must give up this world in order to be saved. Thankfully God will have that happen. But until such time, as long as one is still acknowleding God and continuing in sinful practices - they deceiving only themselves.
Hi trettep,

It's all up to Him, not us. I agree with you on this. Just as I agree with you that He is the One who controls all things, including what can or cannot come upon us all, whether earthquakes, storms, wars or other. I would say that the "stink" of Adam is still around us, and still causing problems in people and in the creation; but only He lets it happen, and will remove it completely in His time, when the Sons of God are manifested more fully.

My point about Love, is that it is precisely His Love and Goodness that draw us to Him; at least that has been my own experience. Not a deep feeling of guilt for sin, or fear of hell; no, it was God's Love and Kindness to me that drew me to Him.

Aisi, of course...!

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 PM

342 posts, read 540,677 times
Avoid Sin.....Jesus said those who Love me Obey me...And those who obey me are wise......Sin leads to Death....If you do sin: Turn Again in Repentance to Jesus Christ for forgiveness... a contrite heart He will not despise... He will enable you to resist temptation....Ask Him to instill a "true desire" to be obedient to Him......If we continually sin without remorse we must indeed question our salvation...Jesus said you will know them by their fruit.......You must be "Born Again"

Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
In order to believe UR you need to ignore most of scripture. Fear of sin, I have no fear but I do have respect for God and what He is capable of. I sin just like everyone else but I acknowledge such things and take them to God not ignore them as if they never happen. The Spirit convicts us of sin if we are truly of God. The Spirit also guides us and our understanding of scripture and as I said at the begining of this responce UR ignores much of scripture while the Spirit makes sence of the difficult parts. If you are not convicted of the Spirit then you need to check your salvation and being convicted of the Spirit is not a bad thing as so many like to claim it is just another blessing from God and shows that He is at work in us.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
In order to believe UR you need to ignore most of scripture. Fear of sin, I have no fear but I do have respect for God and what He is capable of. I sin just like everyone else but I acknowledge such things and take them to God not ignore them as if they never happen. The Spirit convicts us of sin if we are truly of God. The Spirit also guides us and our understanding of scripture and as I said at the begining of this responce UR ignores much of scripture while the Spirit makes sence of the difficult parts. If you are not convicted of the Spirit then you need to check your salvation and being convicted of the Spirit is not a bad thing as so many like to claim it is just another blessing from God and shows that He is at work in us.
I believe in UR, and I never ignore scripture!

I can say, however, that when I began believing in ET, that my heart grew cold and judgmental of others. That is also a true statement; I lie not.

So by looking at the fruit that was coming from my heart, I was able to learn how what I believed was affecting me, and whether or not what I believed was Christ-like or not. And ET was causing me to become quite un-Christ-like.

On the other hand, receiving the Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ, which has come to ALL men, has given me a joy in my heart that no man can take away. The Joy in seeing the Love of God to all mankind is a Joy that has led me to wanting to share it with everyone!

Can evil ever be good?

Can good ever be evil?

No; they cannot. If something is evil, it is always evil. No matter who does it.

And if someone does good, they are doing what is righteous.
I used to believe that unbelievers who did good were simply "filthy rags." But now the Lord is showing me that it is His Christ within us that has made us clean, and if a man feels conviction in his heart to do right, he will be rewarded.
We must see Christ in every man. Present every man and woman perfect in Christ Jesus.

Blessings Robin,
Brian

Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If you have the Holy Spirit then sin is no longer a problem. For by the Spirit anyone can overcome ALL sin.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I believe in UR, and I never ignore scripture!

I can say, however, that when I began believing in ET, that my heart grew cold and judgmental of others. That is also a true statement; I lie not.

So by looking at the fruit that was coming from my heart, I was able to learn how what I believed was affecting me, and whether or not what I believed was Christ-like or not. And ET was causing me to become quite un-Christ-like.

On the other hand, receiving the Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ, which has come to ALL men, has given me a joy in my heart that no man can take away. The Joy in seeing the Love of God to all mankind is a Joy that has led me to wanting to share it with everyone!

Can evil ever be good?

Can good ever be evil?

No; they cannot. If something is evil, it is always evil. No matter who does it.

And if someone does good, they are doing what is righteous.
I used to believe that unbelievers who did good were simply "filthy rags." But now the Lord is showing me that it is His Christ within us that has made us clean, and if a man feels conviction in his heart to do right, he will be rewarded.
We must see Christ in every man. Present every man and woman perfect in Christ Jesus.

Blessings Robin,
Brian
Was it ALWAYS Evil when Joseph was left in the pit?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
That's how it comes across from pretty much all universalists.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's how it comes across from pretty much all universalists.
It's sad Finn_Jarber, but not by this one. I'm still a universalist but I have been reading several posts lately where I see that many just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity