Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:06 PM

30 posts, read 112,758 times

Advertisements

OK mzjamiedawn you are up. Post your bible verses that Christians sin and will keep sinning and we will look for the contradictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammjr View Post
OK mzjamiedawn you are up. Post your bible verses that Christians sin and will keep sinning and we will look for the contradictions.
Awesome, my first thread directed to me. Like I said in the other threads, if you would kindly answer these questions first, then we can continue this discussion.

1. Do you belong to the same church/congregation as Moderator cut: delete
2. Did you wait until sundown yesterday to get online?
3. Moderator cut: edit worked on the computer on the Sabbath. She did willfully sin?

Last edited by june 7th; 02-08-2009 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Unless you have the Kupps permission to be talking about them in open forum, I would advise against it. Violates TOS.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:31 AM

[quote=mzjamiedawn;7373549]Awesome, my first thread directed to me. Like I said in the other threads, if you would kindly answer these questions first, then we can continue this discussion.

Moderator cut: orphaned
Just like the devil.. accusations... do not get to proud of a thread addressed to you.... pride cometh before the fall.

Now how about the verses... you said they were there and we were contradicting the Bible... so stop accusing us before God as satan does (especially since you have no clue of anything about the Sabbath) and start producing those Bible verses that state the christian or child of God sins and or will continue to sin, that you apply stated were there.
Verses please.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-08-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Just like the devil.. accusations... do not get to proud of a thread addressed to you.... pride cometh before the fall.

Now how about the verses... you said they were there and we were contradicting the Bible... so stop accusing us before God as satan does (especially since you have no clue of anything about the Sabbath) and start producing those Bible verses that state the christian or child of God sins and or will continue to sin, that you apply stated were there.
Verses please.
You can call me any name in the book, grammjr, and none of it will bother me, because I personally do not care what you think of me. You can do that, and accuse me of not knowing the Word, if that makes you feel superior. I really hope this post made you feel better about yourself.

You've already answered question #1, as that is obvious now. I will wait for the answers to the other two questions before I answer yours. See, you do not intimidate me, and I will not "obey" you, just because you tell me to.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,838 times
Oh, come on. Mzjamiedawn was being sarcastic, not prideful. Look at yourself for boastfulness.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzjamiedawn
;You can call me any name in the book, grammjr, and none of it will bother me, because I personally do not care what you think of me. You can do that, and accuse me of not knowing the Word, if that makes you feel superior. I really hope this post made you feel better about yourself.

You've already answered question #1, as that is obvious now. I will wait for the answers to the other two questions before I answer yours. See, you do not intimidate me, and I will not "obey" you, just because you tell me to.
Well I did not call you any names so.. oh well.. you have proven my point to all who read this posting, you prove you do not know the Word of God because you made a statement that the Bible says christains sin or continue to sin and can not back up what you said with one single verse in the bible.
Can anyone else show where the Bible teaches we cannot overcome, were it is OK to continue in sin and just say your sorry, that it is impossible to cease for all known sin?
Seems to be a lot of that teaching around here, show me the verses and precepts from the Bible to that teaching.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
There ae different types of sin, I assumne you are talking about personal sin which the bible tells us that we do have the power to resist through the Holy Spirit and because He resides in us He sactifies and convicts us of our sin

(Romans 8:9–11)
9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 AM

298 posts, read 716,204 times
For all those who believe that Christians will not ever sin, have you sinned today?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
There ae different types of sin, I assumne you are talking about personal sin which the bible tells us that we do have the power to resist through the Holy Spirit and because He resides in us He sactifies and convicts us of our sin

(Romans 8:9–11)
9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
This verse does not say anything about continuing in sin, but a good verse none the less.
All of us are dead, from the very nature of Adam who brought the physical bodily death upon all of us, but now Christ will renew you, by the spirit you are born again and if so only the works of rightiousness will be done in this dead body because we have crucified our fleshly works with Him and now preform rightious works in this body. We do not preform sinful works and if we do preform sinful works, then we do not belong to Christ, and the sin proves it. If you sin you are none of this.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Oh, come on. Mzjamiedawn was being sarcastic, not prideful. Look at yourself for boastfulness.
Thank you, StirringWaters.

Quote:
Well I did not call you any names so.. oh well.. you have proven my point to all who read this posting, you prove you do not know the Word of God because you made a statement that the Bible says christains sin or continue to sin and can not back up what you said with one single verse in the bible.
Can anyone else show where the Bible teaches we cannot overcome, were it is OK to continue in sin and just say your sorry, that it is impossible to cease for all known sin?
Seems to be a lot of that teaching around here, show me the verses and precepts from the Bible to that teaching.
If you'll note above, a lot of people on CD already know me pretty well, and know I'm not prideful, and I do joke a lot. If you think you just proved to all on here that I do not know the Word of God just because I want you to answer my questions before I answer yours, you are sadly mistaken.

You see, me and the others on this board don't all agree on everything, but we respect one another. Just as StirringWaters defended me above, she and I don't agree on everything, but she knows me well enough to know that I was not being prideful. And I know her well enough that I respect her tremendously and know that she walks in the Lord and only wishes to know the truth.

Do I get that from you and the Kupps? No. I do not feel any love or respect from your posts.

Most of the people here also know all about the Kupps' (and yours) beliefs, and I would guesstimate about 98% of them disagree.

This has been beaten to death on other threads started by the Kupps. And for the record, I don't believe anyone on here has ever said that we cannot overcome, or that it's ok to continue in sin. Our differences lie in that we (or I should say I, since I don't want to talk for others), believe that IF you do fall, you can get back up and repent and confess that sin, and God will forgive you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity