Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,648,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This thread reinforces the fact that ETers main motivation for having a relationship with God is based on the fear of hell. A relationship based on fear is not a love relationship. Nothing new here - just the same old terror filled mind-set. I refuse to be a victim of terror.
I refuse to be a victim of terror also Heartsong, ain't gonna happen. It's obvious that ETer's are filled with terror and fear of hell and I'm not buying into that force-fed Moderator cut: delete any longer. Jesus and God are all about LOVE, not horror and terror. We need to love God and Jesus because they first loved us, not out of fear. That's not the way it was meant to be.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-18-2011 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 05:18 AM

37,341 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
People used to choose what is candy-coated to their ears to hear. So if God said that 'hell exists' people will lose their faith on a loving and just God.

Christians are faithfully conveying the message of salvation without judging God. UR puts 'hell must not exist' as a pre-requisite for their faith. They think that they can know better than God, so they set up a criteria to say that "if hell exists than we don't believe you, no matter if there's a reason behind the scene". They think that they can know better to set a bottom line for God to follow.

If UR is in a wrong position as humans usually are, then whoever follow them might have to be in hell. They are risking their own and others' lives, just because by their own limited minds they are unwilling to believe what is clearly said. Christians on the other hand will not put their own will over the message conveyed along history, they will not put their will above what the Bible said and warned. They will not judge God to say that "if you don't do this, I won't believe you". And if in the end, Christians are wrong about their position, then everyone is happy because no hell exists. If however the Christians are right about the situation, the UR embracers will all become soul-murderers.
Absolute nonsense.

If you knew the the testimony of many of us who believe what the scriptures say about Universal Reconciliation,we used to believe all who rejected Jesus because they did not accept his love for them were going to be punished for it and end up seperated for eternity in that place of torment, just like you do, so what happened with those believers who no longer do believe it ?.

God opened their eyes to see something,which has always been there in the scriptures, you might not see it, and because you don't see it, doesn't mean it is not there. The scriptures clearly testify that Jesus is the Christ, how many of His (Jesus) own could not see it and rejected it.

All who have accepted the doctrine of ET have done so ignorantly and it as become them without giving it any consideration, which is not hard to do when you come to faith in Jesus through fear, that if you are wrong on any point you end up condemned by God,and you dare not through fear say "Lord if you really do save all open my eyes to see it", because you believe you are questioning God and he will give you a good hiding and condemn you.

You refuse to accept that it just could be possible that translations of the bible can be wrong and that it just could be possible they have been translated by the interpretation of the translator.You do not have the original copy of the scriptures in your hand i can guarantee you that, but you do have author of the original translation of the scriptures in you, why not trust his word upon it, rather than looking at what you are seeing with your eyes and interpreting with your head?

God is not going to condemn you to hell, for going to him and saying "Lord i believed in ET without really giving any thought about it, i just accepted it because my mind automatically thinks that hell is a place where you send unbelievers, i also never gave thought that the scriptures could have been translated wrong, even if it wasn't the translators intention,if what those who believe in UR are saying is true Lord give me an open heart to see it.

Instead of just trying to prove it(UR) wrong because you believe it's wrong,remember the jews believed Jesus was wrong, even though it was right there in there scriptures that he was the Christ(but they couldn't see it), be open that you could be wrong,he will not condemn you if you are, after all you want to know the truth and he wants you to know it too.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-18-2011 at 05:34 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 05:45 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,049,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well. I went thru the entire thread.

No one really addressed the pointed question. See the following:

Recap. If the ET types are wrong no one gets hurt. If the UR types are wrong, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No one has addressed this point in particular. Just a bunch of dancing around the hard reality of eternal destiny.
If the URs are wrong then what is the worst option - To be with a cruel God that torments for eternity or to be in the torment?

Old 03-18-2011, 05:48 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,049,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
... UR puts 'hell must not exist' as a pre-requisite for their faith"... .
It isn't that "Hell must not exist", it is that logical rational education of the subject shows that the traditional "hell" teaching is fiction.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,171,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Consequences.

Somewhere in the Bible it says that we will be held accountable if we teach that which is not true. But what of those who believe the false teaching and apply it to their lives?

Personally, I try to be careful about what I tell others about God, Christ and the consequences of not choosing Christ in this life. But what if I am wrong about my view that to say no to God and Christ in this life will result in Eternal Seperation from God and being in a very bad Place? Forever.

What if the UR folk are right?

If my teaching has caused some to turn away from God out of rejecting Him. Rejecting a God who would cast those who say no thanks into a very bad place. What will be their (those who said no to God) fate? Well UR theology says they will be fine in the end-being reconcilled to God and all.

So I was wrong. Hey, no harm no fowl.

Now let's say that one teaches that UR is true and if one says no thanks to Christ in this life, one will not spend eternity in Hell and eventully will be made right with God. All will be fine in time, regardless.

So due to UR teaching some will say: I can put off saying yes to Christ in this life (or at this time), because in the end I will be fine. No pressing need to become "saved" before I die. So the person dies before saying yes to Jesus.

Now what if UR theology is wrong. What will be the fate of those who failed to say yes to Christ in this life, because of what a UR person told them was the truth of the matter?

Makes me shudder to think.
Now the questions to consider:

What do you think God will say to the ET guy for being wrong and teaching other so?

What do you think God will say to the UR guy for being wrong and teaching others so?

Food for thought.
The best way for you to know the answer is to ask our Heavenly Father directly and He will tell you. Blessings in Divine Love.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It's obvious that ETer's are filled with terror and fear of hell
You should stop pretending to know what motivates other people. You know nothing about other people's hearts, so you might as well stop making the claims.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,055,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should stop pretending to know what motivates other people. You know nothing about other people's hearts, so you might as well stop making the claims.

Ilene probably has a very good idea of others hearts. Everyday I see those who want to instill fear in the hearts of others. Fear of death because of a hell they need to be afraid of. Fear of getting it wrong. Even I had that fear as a child and I was not brought up in a religious home but I got that message loud and clear. Fear of hell, fear of getting it wrong and I imagine an awful lot of children grow up with that message.

Christianity thrives because of fear, and fear mongering.

Imagine a love that says that G-d will reconcile all people in the end. That we are all G-d children and we have a place with him.

That is how it ought to be.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Ilene probably has a very good idea of others hearts.
Well, apparently she doesn't.

Quote:
Everyday I see those who want to instill fear in the hearts of others.
Every day I see you accuse Christians on this board of being hateful, but I have no idea what you are talking about. It is not hateful to talk about your beliefs. Just because you choose to reject Christ, doesn't mean that people hate you. If people tell you what Christ said about rejecing Him, doesn't mean they hate you.

Quote:
Christianity thrives because of fear, and fear mongering.
No, it doesn't, but you you seem to thrive on repeating that accusation.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,055,611 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;18331347]Well, apparently she doesn't.

I think she does.

Every day I see you accuse Christians on this board of being hateful, but I have no idea what you are talking about. It is not hateful to talk about your beliefs. Just because you choose to reject Christ, doesn't mean that people hate you. If people tell you what Christ said about rejecing Him, doesn't mean they hate you.

Yes those who fear monger you are correct.. They go against everything good. Thankfully not all Christians are like that. And there are a good number of Christians on this board who are not fear mongerers.

No, it doesn't, but you you seem to thrive on repeating that accusation.

I call it like I see it... As do others!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,732,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The thing is - everyone seems to be fighting about the fate of the non-believers -as if you all have a say in whether or not we believe or not. I think that some of you think that the only reason that we don't believe is because we are afraid of the bad place, or we are afraid to change our lives - and that UR gives us an out and makes us feel better.

The fact is - those of us that do not believe - well, we just don't believe. I'm not an unbeliever because I think I'll eventually wind up with God in the end so it really doesn't matter anyway. I'm not an unbeliever because I love sinning so much and don't want to stop. I'm not an unbeliever because I don't want to believe in the bad place. I'm an unbeliever because I don't believe in the Biblical God. I don't believe in the Biblical heaven. I don't believe in the Biblical bad place. I don't believe the Bible is the truth. So - it really makes no difference what I hear - that I'm going to the bad place or that I'm going to the good place. It's sort of like me trying to tell you that if you don't accept the god of Heather and live by her rules in her book that you will have eternal pain and suffering after you die. Or that even if you don't accept the god Heather and live by his rules in her book - you will still be reunited with Heather. Does your decision to believe or not to believe in the god of Heather and the book of Heather stem from what people are telling you will happen to you after you die - or do you simply just not believe in the god of Heather - so it really doesn't matter.

You guys can fight like you want to all day long about who is right and who is wrong. Well, most unbelievers believe that you are both wrong. So what does it really matter?
As to what your God will say to you after you die - well, only your God knows. Maybe he'd just be happy if you quit judging each other and telling each other that your wrong. Maybe he'd be mad at all of you.
RESPONSE:

Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity