Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,569,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
What do you think God will say to the ET guy for being wrong and teaching other so?

What do you think God will say to the UR guy for being wrong and teaching others so?
I think that to everyone, God asks only two questions:
  • What did you learn?
    Did you love?

Everything else is just man-made noises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,050,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
  • What did you learn?
    Did you love?

Yeah this is true....

What kind of human were you?

Was the world a better place for you having been here?

I would add these also.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,115,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Another brilliant post in this thread. I thank God for you BrightHopeforTomorrow. I feel very priviledged to have access to just a few people who truly understand and spread God's grace and love in a very troubled world. Bless you.

Heartsong
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Agreed, great post BHFT!
Thanks!

Heartsong, I'm with you on the tragedy in Japan. Isn't it "good news" that God loves each one and regardless of what they were taught, He will treat their souls fairly and with nothing but a Father's love! Isn't it wonderful that we can "comfort one another with these words," unlike those who have no hope?

The tsunami in Indonesia was the catalyst for me to seek the truth, asking God the tough questions, and believe me.....getting VERY unexpected but glorious answers. Praise Him!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,903,982 times
Quote:

What do you think God will say to the ET guy for being wrong and teaching other so?

What do you think God will say to the UR guy for being wrong and teaching others so?
In either case, I think your god will tell you that you should have kept your mouth shut.

You can believe whatever you want, and it is OK to answer questions about your beliefs if anyone asks. Other than that, keep your beliefs to yourself.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:30 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,949,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'd rep you if I could but I can't right at the moment Sparrow.....excellent post!! Mr. 5150, please read carefully and intently. Sparrow has a way of saying things that really leaves an impression, and it's all the truth.
Thanks Ilene

Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times
Quote:
Consequences.

Somewhere in the Bible it says that we will be held accountable if we teach that which is not true. But what of those who believe the false teaching and apply it to their lives?

Personally, I try to be careful about what I tell others about God, Christ and the consequences of not choosing Christ in this life. But what if I am wrong about my view that to say no to God and Christ in this lifeModerator cut: edit

What if the UR folk are right?

If my teaching has caused some to turn away from God out of rejecting Him. Rejecting a God who would cast those who say no thanks into a very bad place. What will be their (those who said no to God) fate? Well UR theology says they will be fine in the end-being reconcilled to God and all.

So I was wrong. Hey, no harm no fowl.

Now let's say that one teaches that UR is true and if one says no thanks to Christ in this life, Moderator cut: Per Sticky, "hell" has been suspended temporarily All will be fine in time, regardless.

So due to UR teaching some will say: I can put off saying yes to Christ in this life (or at this time), because in the end I will be fine. No pressing need to become "saved" before I die. So the person dies before saying yes to Jesus.

Now what if UR theology is wrong. What will be the fate of those who failed to say yes to Christ in this life, because of what a UR person told them was the truth of the matter?

Makes me shudder to think.
Now the questions to consider:

Food for thought.
Fear tactics ... a.k.a spiritual terrorism. If you ask me; if god is all powerful and all knowing and truly universally sovereign, and plans on causing or even allowing people to be tortured for ever ... then he must be resisted and eventually deposed because he is the greatest monster of all time. But I could be wrong.

Even if I'm wrong and ET is true divine justice ... and even if I am saved for my faith in christ regardless of my having being decieved later in my spiritual walk, iwill still be tormented for ever in heaven for ever knowing the fate of those who are being tormented.

And if he just makes us believe a lie and forget that people are being tormented for ever then he is the god of lies and not the god of truth ...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Fear tactics ... a.k.a spiritual terrorism. If you ask me; if god is all powerful and all knowing and truly universally sovereign, and plans on causing or even allowing people to be tortured for ever ... then he must be resisted and eventually deposed because he is the greatest monster of all time. But I could be wrong.

Even if I'm wrong and ET is true divine justice ... and even if I am saved for my faith in christ regardless of my having being decieved later in my spiritual walk, iwill still be tormented for ever in heaven for ever knowing the fate of those who are being tormented.

And if he just makes us believe a lie and forget that people are being tormented for ever then he is the god of lies and not the god of truth ...
Am I wrong? ...

Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM

Though i guess its really not as if someone could resist or depose God if he is all powerful and all knowing and universally sovereign, could they?

So i guess we are all doomed to be ruled by a sadistic and maniacal deity of lies if the fundamentalist are right ...

Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
  • What did you learn?
    Did you love?
I think He will simply check if your name is in the book of life.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Fear tactics ... a.k.a spiritual terrorism.
False promise aka spiritual dishonesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity