Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 PM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
aaahhh...no. they're both dead. worm food. done. finished. no meeting again 'later', not in 'heaven', not 'up there', not anywhere.

i'd tell the 'couple' to enjoy this life and stop living your life for the 'next' life that doesn't exist.
Go away, Satan. You have no business in my thread. This was not a question for an unbeliever such as yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,987 times
Our heart's desire dictates who we spiritually connect with after death. If a couple really like & love each other in life, & are of similar desire or spiritual energy, then they will spiritually share one of the "many mansions" prepared. (John 14:2)

Another scripture reference is in the Book of Mormon...
"...that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world." (Alma 34:34)

Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
This could create many an awkward situation. A spouse dies young, the widow(er) remarries. Now what.

Or brings up the question, only happily and legally married people, what about divorced, or separated but not divorced.

And for the millions that are in loveless spiteful marriages, but for the kids, or even economic reason remain married. Talk about an eternity in hell.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,300,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Go away, Satan. You have no business in my thread. This was not a question for an unbeliever such as yourself.
Satan? lol
My answer was the closest to truth response you will get.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
It is interesting that Christ said that angels neither marry or are given in marriage yet we read in genesis that the angels chose women to marry ...

Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,488 times
Michigan: as you have seen, you will find various interpretations regarding this issue. Most evangelical/fundamental Christians will say no while other groups who claim ties to Christianity (that's a whole other debate) will have a different viewpoint. The mormon church belives in marriage after this life (I know, I used to be one) and an older proponent of heavenly marriage was a man name Swedenborg. The Scriptures are very clear on this issue and some will read into it something that is not there and claim it is so. However, like others have posted before, whatever our relationship is like, it will certainly be far better than what we have now but our first and foremost relationship will be with God.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It is interesting that Christ said that angels neither marry or are given in marriage yet we read in genesis that the angels chose women to marry ...
Wow, a whole new can of worms for us to chew on this week! Bible reading induces so many fascinating questions. This points again to Thrillobyte's dilemma in the other thread.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:35 AM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Let me rephrase my question, then.

My husband and I have been together 38 years. I truly believe God brought us together, kept us together, and wants us to be together for his purpose. I am a Christian, he just became one and is VERY "green" in everything regarding being a Christian. I told him my beliefs (above) and that we will be together in Heaven. He has found scripture that says we will not be "married" in heaven and this has upset him.

Am I correct that we will be together in Heaven, sprititually, although not married? This does make sense to me, as long as he and I are together, after what we have been through here in this sinful world, we both need to believe we will be together after our earthly death.

Thanks to all of you except one for your replies and verses. I come to the Christian board daily for my spiritual needs and teachings.

Satan need not reply!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Am I correct that we will be together in Heaven, sprititually, although not married?
What kind of a God would grant you a marriage like the one you have and then separate you for eternity?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:01 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't think so. Because the Bible says we will not be given in marriage in Heaven. But you will meet up with your husband and family members as soon as you get into Heaven. From what I have read, we're still family in Heaven with our family on Earth. Because we spent the most time with each other there and we loved each other. So we're still going to be as close as were on Earth to them in Heaven but the difference is we're no longer blood.

But I have read a testimony about Heaven with this man who went there and wrote a book and says we will have "companions" so-to-speak. Such as if you and your husband loved each other so much on Earth you will also be together in Heaven as such but not in marriage. Just together all the time for eternity. I don't know if this vision was real but it's something to think about.

The Testimony of Oden Hendrick: Inside the Holy City
Quote:
C~n sl semy a`igkql~oc `oc }n`qy lf Amabn ys~c} {mse f`ysmok `oc xq`}nq" en {`y ols `fq`mc {eno seqnn `oknby `xxn`qnc sl emj mo sen xl{nq lf sen Yxmqms lf Klc `oc sllg emj lo emy fmqys vmyms sl En`vno/Ymoin seno"Klc e`y kq`osnc emj sen xqmvmbnkn lf vmymsmok En`vno lfsno"ols l~s lf emy alc}" a~s mo sen Yxmqms d~ys `y jno lf sen Amabn vmymsnc En`vno `oc sen Seqlon lf Klc
Interesting. When I copied and pasted the English text out came the above.

Anyway, he says in the intro, "...took him on his first visit to heaven....since then God has granted him the privilege of visiting heaven several times."

As soon as I read that my BS radar went up.

Read with caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity