Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,963,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I DID NOT encourage Thrill to do anything and you know it. I said that very thing in the original post. I was simply stating my experience and letting Thrill know that he's not alone in how he feels right at the moment. The Bible is not the only way to know God and if you had any experience with Him outside of the pages of a book you would know that. Go to a mountaintop and sit there all day.
I couldn't rep this post, though I sure wish I could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,648,459 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Did you encourage him to stay in the writen word....no.
I didn't discourage him either......I was simply relaying my story since I think Thrill could relate at this point in time. Neither did I say I was done with the Bible, I'm never done with the Bible. It's just not a priority right now because I know what has been written on my heart. The word is already there.

Quote:
It is becoming obvious that you are drifting further away ... now the Bible is "pages of a book".
Drifting further away from what TS? From ET??? Yep, you're right, that ship has already sailed. The Bible IS just pages in a book, like any other book. It was printed, it wasn't divinely written copy by copy.

Quote:
No Ilene.. I wouldn't know that the Bible is only good for using in arguments to trap Jesus in his words. (which is what ultimatly is the motive behind the "love" innuendo accusational message of UR)
That's ridiculous and not what I said, you know that. What the heck are you talking about? The motive behind UR is LOVE, that's all there is. God is LOVE. You need to learn that and stop being so mired down in your dogma.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
If we were on a deserted island, do you think God could not speak to us? He is all around... go out in nature and parables abound. Lessons and learning all around us at all times. Get out in nature and you will find God speaking to you in countless ways. His voice is heard in the rushing waters of the streams, his breath is felt in the breeze, the warmth of His love is felt in the sun beating down on your shoulders. Look at what He has created all around you, just for you. Open your eyes and your heart and see and hear and feel your Creator. He whispers in our ear, we just need to stop and listen for it. That's all.
"In nature, parables abound; lessons and learning are all around."
ALL You Have To Do Is Listen!
AMEN

Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,684,576 times
Default boredatwork

My friend let me ask you, If I were to be apart of an extraordinary experience especially thousands of years ago where ppl werent the most sharpest and wrote a story of an account passed on from generation to generation, the main points will be there but alot will have been misunderstood and changed around a little. Dont be frustrated at the bible just always seek the truth and hunger for knowledge. Because dont worry the answers are right around the corner in this short life time.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,589,829 times
Of course you have to guess what the convoluted bible speak actually means, assuming it meant anything originally.

How many posts do you see here on CD where it is clear that English is not the posters first language. Some just don't make sense as they translate from their native language to English.

Now compound that perhaps hundreds of times with all the re-writes and translations from language to language to language, by people we don't know if they were fully literate in the languages they were translating to or from, then factor into interpretations, agendas, fears, phobias, bias and hatred they had as individuals (and yes Dorthy, everyone has agendas, fears, phobias, biases and hatreds) and it is human nature it influences their efforts.

This assuming that the original was an accurate and coherent document to begin with, and we know that it wasn't, as it is just the fears, bias, agenda, phobias and hatreds of the original authors, who were mere men, not gods, so you holy book is seriously flawed from the get-go, only to be further polluted by untold rewrites and translations.

Even if you believe the "original" were valid to give any credence to today's version is absurd, for it cannot possibly resemble the original, too much tampering has occurred.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,976 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;20135594]
Quote:
Drifting further away from what TS? From ET??? .
Only the Bible has the absolute truth...it doesn't contain it, nor is just another book. The Bible doesn't contain 80% of the truth...it's 100% of the truth.

"The Bible IS just pages in a book, like any other book"....... no Ilene, the Bible is not. That is a lie that Satan promotes.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,976 times
Quote:
No Ilene.. I wouldn't know that the Bible is only good for using in arguments to trap Jesus in his words. (which is what ultimatly is the motive behind the "love" innuendo accusational message of UR)
Quote:
That's ridiculous and not what I said, you know that. What the heck are you talking about? The motive behind UR is LOVE, that's all there is. God is LOVE. You need to learn that and stop being so mired down in your dogma.
You said:
Quote:
I depend solely on what is written in my heart by Jesus and refer to the scriptures if necessary for a debate or what have you but I had to put it down..
I refer to the scriptures to:
  1. remain in Jesus
  2. over-rule what my heart thinks is right
  3. a guide to examine who speaks for the truth or not.
That is why it seems I'm in opposition to you since your ship has sailed...you're right, you sailed away with your ship from the truth.

If you are ashamed of Jesus and any of his words, Jesus will be ashamed of you. And when Jesus is ashamed...that isn't a code word for restored.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,573,558 times
Quote:
Did you encourage him to stay in the writen word....no.

It is becoming obvious that you are drifting further away ... now the Bible is "pages of a book".

That's what the Pharisee's tried to do...and failed.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:44 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Quote:
And the NT writers admitted that what they wrote was scriptures, not some opinion pieces that are subjected to liberal's version of Christianity of bleeding heart unfair accusations of God.
Scripture is scripture ,THE Truth IS Jesus Christ HE said it(John 14:6),when will you admit to it. The truth did not come by Moses,the Law did John 1:17.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,449,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Scripture is scripture ,THE Truth IS Jesus Christ HE said it(John 14:6),when will you admit to it. The truth did not come by Moses,the Law did John 1:17.
Actually Paul it did, the law and the prophets all pointed to the truth - Christ, and if we didn't have the recorded word of God, well, how would we know about Jesus? I believe we need to be thankful that we all have the scriptures to testify of Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity