Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UR, ET, annihilation
UR - Universal Reconciliation 26 59.09%
ET - Eternal Torment 7 15.91%
Annihilation 4 9.09%
other (please explain by post) 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,413,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
and each person was judged according to what they had done
And each person will receive the appropriate amount of kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) both in duration and intensity, that God sees they need.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
And each person will receive the appropriate amount of kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) both in duration and intensity, that God sees they need.
Whatever....we were talking about whether or not God keeps records of people's sins, and the passage I posted proves that He does know about the sins of unbelievers. The sins of believers, however, are as if they never took place. They are completely forgiven.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,116,512 times
Quote:
Whatever....we were talking about whether or not God keeps records of people's sins, and the passage I posted proves that He does know about the sins of unbelievers. The sins of believers, however, are as if they never took place. They are completely forgiven.
1 Corinthians 13:
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

God is love.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,413,829 times
Post The outcome of infinite grace – loyal f. Hurley

Quote:
I prefer talking about the fact that sooner or later the sinners of Matthew 25:46, and all other sinners as well, will be saved from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

We know this because God will have (wants if you like) all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.

His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

Any cooperation towards our salvation is the result, not the cause of God laying hold on us by His saving grace and causing Jesus to be choice in our heart, just like it was in the case of Lydia and Saul of Tarsus.

A snippet from THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – LOYAL F. HURLEY

“Only as one sees God’s Plan of the Ages do they see the beauty of God’s Program for the redemption of the race. Heb. 11:3 should read, “Through faith we understand that the ages were planned by the Word of God.”

The ages will collectively end. A literal translation of Heb. 9:26 is, ‘But now, once for all, with a view to the end of the ages, has He been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.’

Throughout the eons there is sin and evil, condemnation and death. At the end of the eons all will be justified (Rom. 5:18,19), and all will be reconciled through Christ’s blood (Col. 1:20).

When you perceive the truth concerning the ages your Bible will become a new and more wonderful book than you knew you had.”

The opinions of exactly how God will achieve universal salvation may differ from UR to UR just like, as Bright Hope pointed out, the opinions of ETers also vary from person to person about what the Bible teaches about salvation.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 PM

20,452 posts, read 12,832,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Everything that i read of your posts is from the "101 guide to being a fundamentalist", you cannot think for yourself is very evident.
So, URs think for themselves? I thought you were led by the Spirit WITHIN YOU.

Quote:
The one thing universalists agree on is that Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men, it's a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance,and for the bibleans to fight and resist this trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance says it all.
We fight this doctrine because, according to God's Holy Word, it's false. John 3 is all I need to refute that doctrine.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Quote:
And you are trying to BS people into ignoring the truth.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done
Have you ever thought what you are reading in Revelations could have been fulfilled ?.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, URs think for themselves? I thought you were led by the Spirit WITHIN YOU.

We fight this doctrine because, according to God's Holy Word, it's false. John 3 is all I need to refute that doctrine.
First of all you are misquoting me, i never said UR'ers , by the way i'm not a universalist. and what i meant by not thinking for yourself, is gulliby receiving everything served up to as being of God and not seeking for yourself by the Spirit.

John 3:16 does not refute it .

This scripture refutes your interrpretation of John 3:16

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
Command and teach these things 1 Tim 4:9-11).

If you really believe men are heading to eternal punishment, how come you are not laboring and striving to warn all heading there ?. Same question goes to Mr Jarber.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
1 Corinthians 13:
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

God is love.
Bright Hope for Tomorrow Love only keeps no record of wrongs of believers.

Finn Jarber approves of this interpretation.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Have you ever thought what you are reading in Revelations could have been fulfilled ?.
Resurrection already took place? Darn, you missed the whole thing....

Old 09-26-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Resurrection already took place? Darn, you missed the whole thing....
I think Preterists may have something to say about that,but i suppose in your eyes that they are not christians because they don't believe the bible like you do, because you are right in everything you believe, right ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-26-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.