Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UR, ET, annihilation
UR - Universal Reconciliation 26 59.09%
ET - Eternal Torment 7 15.91%
Annihilation 4 9.09%
other (please explain by post) 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
First of all you are misquoting me, i never said UR'ers , by the way i'm not a universalist. and what i meant by not thinking for yourself, is gulliby receiving everything served up to as being of God and not seeking for yourself by the Spirit.
You're right. I was actually using a line from another poster.

Quote:
John 3:16 does not refute it .

This scripture refutes your interrpretation of John 3:16

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
Command and teach these things 1 Tim 4:9-11).
I believe it does, based on the words whosoever & perish. The verse you quote refutes UR. especially of those who believe John 3:36 is the death-knell for UR.

Quote:
If you really believe men are heading to eternal punishment, how come you are not laboring and striving to warn all heading there ?. Same question goes to Mr Jarber.
What makes you think I'm not? Or Finn?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're right. I was actually using a line from another poster.

I believe it does, based on the words whosoever & perish. The verse you quote refutes UR. especially of those who believe John 3:36 is the death-knell for UR.

What makes you think I'm not? Or Finn?
You do not need me to tell you, you are not.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
I think Preterists may have something to say about that,but i suppose in your eyes that are not christians because they don't believe the bible like you do, because you are right in everything you believe, right ?.
Typical UR harping....

Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
You do not need me to tell you, you are not.
And you know this how? BTW, do you tell others about the love of Christ, as He commanded us?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
And you know this how? BTW, do you tell others about the love of Christ, as He commanded us?
I said you do not need me to tell you that you don't.

Whenever I have the opportunity, yes I do. If I really did believe in ET how you and Mr Jarber apparently do??,I would give up everything to first convince my family,then friends,my own nation,then onto the world.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
First of all you are misquoting me, i never said UR'ers , by the way i'm not a universalist. and what i meant by not thinking for yourself, is gulliby receiving everything served up to as being of God and not seeking for yourself by the Spirit.
So, you do not believe in universal salvation? Okey dokey.

As for being too dumb to think for oneself, you have no idea why people believe what they believe. Besides, if people were as dumb as you think they are, then shouldn't they believe everything you serve up, and yet no one believes a word you say? Do you ever wonder about that?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Good point, he does not.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you do not believe in universal salvation? Okey dokey.

As for being too dumb to think for oneself, you have no idea why people believe what they believe. Besides, if people were as dumb as you think they are, then shouldn't they believe everything you serve up, and yet no one believes a word you say? Do you ever wonder about that?
Where have i said anyone is dumb including you ?.The rest of your post is just a childish rant.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Where have i said anyone is dumb including you ?.The rest of your post is just a childish rant.
It is not a rant, it is a valid question, which you once again refuse to answer (aka dogde). If you accuse people for being gullible and unable to think for themselves (aka DUMB), and they simply believe anything they hear, then logic suggests they should also believe everything YOU say, and yet no one believes anything you say. Does that make sense to you?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a rant, it is a valid question, which you once again refuse to answer (aka dogde). If you accuse people for being gullible and unable to think for themselves (aka DUMB), and they simply believe anything they hear, then logic suggests they should also believe everything YOU say, and yet no one believes anything you say. Does that make sense to you?
Are you so full of yourself that you would think because you share on a forum, that everyone should believe what you share ?.

I know without doubt that there are probably many, including universalists that disagree with me , does this move me ? of cause not.

On what authority do you have that no one believes what i say?.

Like i said a childish rant .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.