Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 PM

124 posts, read 166,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Where is your smoking gun? Where is the archaeological evidence; an old manuscript, peice of papyra, or some stone etching or petroglyph where a christian leader in the first few centuries admits to really worshiping a pagan God and is deceiving people? I have debated people like you many times, but I have never gotten that.
You seem to believe that you are debating a member of a so-called "Sacred Name Movement" group. You are wrong! I am not affiliated with nor am I a member of any of these groups. In fact, I am in disagreement with a lot of what these groups teach. One of the most prominent disagreements that I have with these groups is that I do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth and was a creator or a co-creator with His and our Father Yahweh in the beginning.

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4YAHWEH View Post
I have never accused anyone here of worshiping Zeus.

Quote:
Then why did you sy that Jesus is really Zeus? And why do you insist on pronouncing Jesus's name the way you write and say it? Why did you say that the name Jesus is really the name Zeus?
I am merely pointing out how the translator's substituted our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name and His son's name for inferior names/titles.

Quote:
And I refuted this with evidence, there is no evidence that the Bible has ever been "corrupted."
FYI, I am not a Messianic in that I mix Jewish practices with that of the Christians. Yahshua parabolically said that we are to beware of the leavening (meaning 'teaching') of the Jews. I am also not a Christian. In fact, I am not affiliated with any so-called "Sacred Name Movement" group as cmforte deceptively believes.
I never said you were. But you think along the same lines.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte
Where is your smoking gun? Where is the archaeological evidence; an old manuscript, peice of papyra, or some stone etching or petroglyph where a christian leader in the first few centuries admits to really worshiping a pagan God and is deceiving people? I have debated people like you many times, but I have never gotten that.
Quote:
You seem to believe that you are debating a member of a so-called "Sacred Name Movement" group. You are wrong! I am not affiliated with nor am I a member of any of these groups. In fact, I am in disagreement with a lot of what these groups teach. One of the most prominent disagreements that I have with these groups is that I do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth and was a creator or a co-creator with His and our Father Yahweh in the beginning.

I never said you were. But I still would like an answer.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
One day as I was laying reading a book of The Dead Sea Scrolls:

My asthmatic breath became heavy.
And I heard the name of YAH-WEH in my breath.

To me YAHWEH is not a word spoken with the mouth but a breath.

Having asthma I sometimes breath with a heavy sound.

To exhail is YAH to inhail is WEH.
To say God's Name is not of a word but of a breath.

It can not be spoken in such a word but the sound of the spirit lives in us.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4YAHWEH View Post

So, how could Yeshua state that, 'Before Abraham was, I AM', if He did not pre-exist His Birth?...

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM

698 posts, read 648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, how could Yeshua state that, 'Before Abraham was, I AM', if He did not pre-exist His Birth?...
Jesus was before Abraham in the sense that he was greater than Abraham not because he physically preexisted.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Jesus was before Abraham in the sense that he was greater than Abraham not because he physically preexisted.
That's not what the passage says

John 8

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

The Jews questioned Jesus' age saying "you are not yet fifty years old". This is clearly referencing his age. "How could you/Jesus see Abraham as he existed thousands of years before you" in other words... "He existed before you did"!

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Before Abraham was/existed, Jesus existed. He said he was the I AM talking to Moses in the burning bush. The "I AM" identifies himself as the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. YHWH God.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Verse 59 confirms this is exactly what it meant. Stoning was the penalty for Blasphemy under the Law. Outside of this they would have been committing MURDER.

The Lord Jesus did indeed proclaim himself greater than Moses. He proclaimed himself to be YHWH God in the flesh! YHWH Son not YHWH Father, but "I and my Father are one" the Lord Jesus says.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-24-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM

698 posts, read 648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
That's not what the passage says

John 8
The context of Joh. 8:58 is Jesus’ dialogue with the Jews concerning Abraham. As far as the Jews were concerned, Abraham was greater than all of them. In John 8:53, the Jews had asked Jesus if he claimed to be greater than Abraham. Jesus' answered them at John 8:58. Jesus answer was, "Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am." Jesus was “before” Abraham in this sense that he was “before” him in terms of greater in importance. Jesus was the promised seed was he not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

The Jews questioned Jesus' age saying "you are not yet fifty years old". This is clearly referencing his age. "How could you/Jesus see Abraham as he existed thousands of years before you" in other words... "He existed before you did"!

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Before Abraham was/existed, Jesus existed. He said he was the I AM talking to Moses in the burning bush. The "I AM" identifies himself as the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. YHWH God.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Verse 59 confirms this is exactly what it meant. Stoning was the penalty for Blasphemy under the Law. Outside of this they would have been committing MURDER.

The Lord Jesus did indeed proclaim himself greater than Moses. He proclaimed himself to be YHWH God in the flesh! YHWH Son not YHWH Father, but "I and my Father are one" the Lord Jesus says.
Mike you should pay little more attention to what Jesus actually said rather than what the Jews thought he said. Verse 56 as translated in the King James Version, Jesus said the following: “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.” This verse says that Abraham “saw” the Day of Christ. The Jews misinterpreted Jesus’ statement, verse 57 saying, “Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
The context of Joh. 8:58 is Jesus’ dialogue with the Jews concerning Abraham. As far as the Jews were concerned, Abraham was greater than all of them. In John 8:53, the Jews had asked Jesus if he claimed to be greater than Abraham. Jesus' answered them at John 8:58. Jesus answer was, "Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am." Jesus was “before” Abraham in this sense that he was “before” him in terms of greater in importance. Jesus was the promised seed was he not?

Mike you should pay little more attention to what Jesus actually said rather than what the Jews thought he said. Verse 56 as translated in the King James Version, Jesus said the following: “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.” This verse says that Abraham “saw” the Day of Christ. The Jews misinterpreted Jesus’ statement, verse 57 saying, “Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Wrong

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" John 8:57 KJV

8:57 eipon oun oi ioudaioi proj auton penthkonta eth oupw exeij kai abraam ewrakaj Textus Receptus
The GREEK TEXTUS RECEPTUS of the NEW TESTAMENT

Then g3767 οὖν oun said g2036 εἶπον eipon the Jews g2453 Ἰουδαῖος Ioudaios unto g4314 πρός pros him, g846 αὐτός autos Thou art g2192 ἔχω echō not yet g3768 οὔπω oupō fifty g4004 πεντήκοντα pentēkonta years old, g2094 ἔτος etos and g2532 καί kai hast thou seen g3708 ὁράω horaō Abraham? g11 Ἀβραάμ Abraam
John 8 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

The passage was referring to Jesus Christ existing prior to the existence of Abraham. Jesus said he is the "I AM" - the one talking to Moses at the Burning bush.

Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Jesus is YHWH God - the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is YHWH Son. Not YHWH Father, but the Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father which are one in the Holy Spirit.

John 14:8-98 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,966 times
You are all too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity