Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 05:06 AM

1,762 posts, read 763,900 times

Advertisements

I consider being pro-environment part of the Pro-Life spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 05:25 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,893,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Does that mean following one particular side in it's presentation of "correct" environmental activity? Because there is a lot of debate between both sides over which is more beneficial.

Old 10-29-2020, 09:49 AM

1,073 posts, read 624,757 times
Christian that does his best to care for God’s creation.

Old 10-30-2020, 03:40 AM

614 posts, read 174,133 times
I don't think that when God says to us that He gives us the keys to the kingdom that He is speaking to us as individuals. I believe that He gives us the keys collectively. We decide what we are going to accept or reject as a group. As individuals, we have to advocate for our positions. Granted, there are certain conditions. One of those is whether a sense of morality enters into the discussion. What do we do with it, though, if it does?

As individuals, we use our faith to head in certain directions. We are, essentially, trying to fulfill something important, like finding a role for ourselves or discovering what we want out of life. Maybe, sometimes, we are giving ourselves the love that we have always been denied for one reason or another? God asks us to understand that we aren't the only ones. For most of us, this is where morality comes in. Those others also have to live with what we make of our lives, especially those others upon whom our actions have a more direct impact. If we don't listen to them, we won't know whether we have gone too far.

But, even if they are affected significantly, we may still have a case for our way. I think these sort of contentious definitions, where the way that emerges may be a compromise after all, have a way of cycling through to answers which at times favor those we perceive more as the victims of someone who went too far, or, at other times, more toward respecting those who invest and work hard to get what they want. You see this in arguments about labor in business, for instance. And it is pertinent concerning the environment.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 10-30-2020 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 10-30-2020, 02:58 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,183,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Both are part of Natural law.

Old 10-30-2020, 04:05 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshhome View Post
For if you really believe that God created all of nature, the animals, the plants the fresh air and clean water..why do you overall support a political party and agenda which is anathema to the environment and nature? And why don't your teachings and behavior reflect stewardships for God's masterpiece? One only needs to look to the recent push by the GOP to dismantle the EPA and their abominable efforts to favor big polluters and raping of existing resources..and the deafening silence from just about every pulpit on these matters.

I am no longer a Christian, but I must say, one of the first things that turned me off to Christianity was the total silence and insensitivity towards nature and environmental conservation which I experienced in just about every church.

And if you claim to follow the bible, why don't you hearken towards Deut which implies that 'if you defile the land, it will vomit you out?' Or how about 'God will destroy those who destroy the earth' in Rev 11? If you look deeply at your behaviors and attitudes, that one SHOULD really frighten you! The irony of it all is that when folks witness the damage which will soon increase to a critical level, they will surely blame the gays and the unbelievers.

I find the attitude of most Christians rather sickening, as they view the planet as a big disposable diaper, and also see the current destruction of nature as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't smart enough to realize that religious practices of domination and subduing of the planet are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a new spirituality which reverences the creator by honoring his masterpiece- what we have now is the total opposite.
I think a lot of it is the part in the bible that talks about man's dominion over the earth, so some take it to mean they can do what they want to nature and the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity