Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,138,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
No way are babies born in sin. For Pete's sake, Jesus compared them to the inhabitants of heaven. What more proof does a body need? "For of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Thanks for being here!

Katie
Compared them to the inhabitants of Heaven???...Where in the world do you get such foolish insight?...He did no such thing...He was simply comparing the faith of a little child to that of an adult...It is easier for a child to believe that it is for an adult, so unless we become as them, easily entreated, there is no hope for us...That is all he was stating...nothing more...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Luke 18:16
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Jesus compares the children to the inhabitants of heaven. I'd say children are born innocent from this verse, wouldn't you? If not, how do you explain it away?

Katie
No He does not, He is comparing their ability to have Faith easier than for an adult...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATDIVIDE46 View Post
They are born into grace. As I said earlier -- I believe in original grace rather than original sin.
You are welcome to prove that theory through Sscripture...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
I feel we need to go back to the beginning with this question.

Katie, you asked before about where the Bible declares us to be spiritually dead. I've referred before to Ephesians 2:1, where we read: "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins". If the Greek is ambiguous in this verse, Colossians 2:13 also supports this premise.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

This verse actually speaks very well on the matter. The whole verse just underscores the fact of our spiritual "deadness", the only solution for which is that God "make us alive".

This information coincides beautifully with what we read in 1 Corinthians 2:14:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This is, in fact, why some will come to Christ, and others will not. Some have been made alive (spitiually speaking), and others have not. The idea that some make the right "choice", and that others do not is in direct contradiction to these verses.

Romans 10 speaks about "believing with the heart". Verse 10 tells us "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness". But how is this possible, since Jeremiah 17:9 teaches us that "the heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked".

It is because we read in Ezekiel 36:26,27...the following:

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

All of what we have seen so far is God's action, and not man's. Of man, rather, we read the following in Romans 3:

Rom 3:10-18

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Outside of God's divine, sovereign intervention and enabling, man will not receive the truth inherent in the gospel message to become saved.

We remember what Jesus declares in John 6:65:

And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."

I trust there will be a good deal more to share.
Well stated...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Katie ... according to scriptures babies are not.

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." Psalm 51:5

"Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies. " Psalm 58:3

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. " John 3:6
Well put...

Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM

9,932 posts, read 1,307,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Show us explicit scripture that state that babies are born innocent...
If jesus compared the inhabitants of heaven to children, that pretty much proves their innocence. Jesus says we must become as little children to get to heaven. IOW, innocent and pure.

Katie

Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,945,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well stated...
I second that...Excellent presentation of the scriptures. I'm still waiting for our friend to give a coherent and biblical response.

The scriptures speak unequivocally that all were IN Adam when he sinned:

1Co 15:22 for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,

In Adam all die. The only way I can grasp this truth is that it's through imputation. Adam's sin was imputed to all those in him. In like manner, our sin's are imputed to Christ, who died for them.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM

289 posts, read 290,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
NIV........Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

KJV ....... Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

NLT ...... For I was born a sinner— yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.

ESV ..... Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me

YLT ..... Lo, in iniquity I have been brought forth, And in sin doth my mother conceive me.
OK, it was my bad. I was looking at the wrong reference. You were right.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,945,755 times
Quote:
If jesus compared the inhabitants of heaven to children, that pretty much proves their innocence. Jesus says we must become as little children to get to heaven. IOW, innocent and pure.

Katie
Their innocence is IN Christ, not in themselves or their own nature. Christ died for them and justified them on the cross, apart from anything they do.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 PM

289 posts, read 290,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The scriptures speak unequivocally that all were IN Adam when he sinned:

1Co 15:22 for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,

In Adam all die. The only way I can grasp this truth is that it's through imputation. Adam's sin was imputed to all those in him. In like manner, our sin's are imputed to Christ, who died for them.
So also in Christ all shall be made alive is precisely the point of Paul's entire exposition in Romans 5. The whole idea is that whatever the whole human race got (or would have gotten) from Adam has been completely canceled out for the whole human race by the gracious atoning work of Jesus Christ. Unless, I suppose, you think the one act of Adam packs more power and a larger effect that the one act of Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity