Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,995,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
The word believe in John 3:16 means more than just saying, "I believe." [as the devil/demons ].

It's pisteuo and it means to have faith in, to trust in, reply upon, take as an example, commit oneself to.
If you trust and commit to Christ, do you do as he says, or do as culture unfolds?

If you do as He says, then is He bound. If you do not. You have none of His promises.

That is Be-Living.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Some Jews stood watching The Apostle Paul casting Out DEMONS In The NAME OF JESUS the CHRIST and Attempted To Do It Themselves , the MAN Filled With Demons SPIRITS Jumped On The JEWISH MEN AND BEAT THE GARMENTS OFF OF THEM....The Apostle Paul Watching All Of This Said You Can't Cast Out Devils But By( JC) Meaning You Got To Be Born Again. JESUS Himself said That You Can't Cast Out Satan By Satan , and That A Kingdom Divided Against Itself Can Not Stand....Anybody Casting Out Demons is SAVED believe You Me.
So Paul overcame sin, therefore he was given the Power according to the promise. The Jews were in sin, therefore had no power.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, you better get back to work then. I'll warn you though, because you migh end up behind the door with the other hard workersm who were not allowed in.

When you are done labouring, you can read Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
Is it so laborious to do the will of your Master? "My way is easy, my burden is light"...

One may want to check his heart and see does he serve for himself, or for the Glory of God.

People in America labor everyday for the things that perish, yet when it comes to lifting one finger, to living according to Christ... It's wrong, your gonna fail, why work if salvation is free... What a bunch of Devil Doctrine... or One of my favorites..ONLY MORMONS DO GOOD WORKS>>>>

The fruit of the church is clearly rotten due to the false teaching of
DO NOTHING SALVATION! .

Old 12-05-2011, 05:19 PM

dble post

Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
People in America labor everyday for the things that perish, yet when it comes to lifting one finger, to living according to Christ... It's wrong, your gonna fail, why work if salvation is free... What a bunch of Devil Doctrine... or One of my favorites..ONLY MORMONS DO GOOD WORKS>>>>
Why work? Because the Holy Spirit gave us the desire to work. Many work to earn their way to heaven, but it doesn't work that way.

Quote:
The fruit of the church is clearly rotten due to the false teaching of
DO NOTHING SALVATION! .
The church wants you to work of course. And tithe. It's all good, but often people tend to work only out of obligation, and they tithe because they fear God will take back their salvation. It is the wrong motivation, and the wrong mindset.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 AM

10,411 posts, read 15,650,897 times
Yes if you don't repent of your practice of sins...

Old 12-18-2011, 11:20 PM

7,345 posts, read 6,974,544 times
Is it worth going through this again ?
God hoped for obedience in Adam, on a simple verbal warning, he understood and still ignored it , embracing a lie in sted.
God gave Isreal the law hoping for obedience, and they use it to find excuses insted.
Jesus came and demonstated obedience ,but the church turns the bible around and makes it a book of incantations, ignoring personal obedience altogether.
One cannot obey some one they do not know nor hear nor trust.
If one does not know His voice, to obey Him real time, on a personal level, there is no realtionship, Sin and the conciquences of sin remain.
John 15;
If the Holy Spirit is not your teacher (Jesus provided to Be your teacher in His place) you cannot know the will of God to obey Him. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus requires ,
Faithfulness,
Exclusivity,
Obedience,
Reliability,
It would be wise to become desperate over this issue before God. A desperation more serious than any other issue in life.
How badly do you need God's perfect will in your life ?
How desperately will you seek after and obey even the simple things?
Can God trust you ?
Really ??
On personal examination of my own life ,I realized that all the other things of this life are of no eternal value, except obedience, not to the law but to the Holy Spirit to God To Jesus.
To call Jesus Lord ,when His lordship is not really being excersized, is a lie, He is not obligated to recognize. Don't be caught before God for identity thieft.
One last thing .
Leave Paul out of it.
Hebrew tradition and Greek culture have nothing to do with this relationship.
Jesus did not teach grace. He taught accountability. check it out.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,683,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Is it worth going through this again ?...

....seems it is .

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
God hoped for obedience in Adam, on a simple verbal warning, he understood and still ignored it , embracing a lie in sted.
God gave Isreal the law hoping for obedience, and they use it to find excuses insted.
Jesus came and demonstated obedience ,but the church turns the bible around and makes it a book of incantations, ignoring personal obedience altogether.
One cannot obey some one they do not know nor hear nor trust.
If one does not know His voice, to obey Him real time, on a personal level, there is no realtionship, Sin and the conciquences of sin remain.
John 15;
If the Holy Spirit is not your teacher (Jesus provided to Be your teacher in His place) you cannot know the will of God to obey Him. Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus requires ,
Faithfulness,
Exclusivity,
Obedience,
Reliability,
It would be wise to become desperate over this issue before God. A desperation more serious than any other issue in life.
How badly do you need God's perfect will in your life ?
How desperately will you seek after and obey even the simple things?
Can God trust you ?
Really ??
On personal examination of my own life ,I realized that all the other things of this life are of no eternal value, except obedience, not to the law but to the Holy Spirit to God To Jesus.
To call Jesus Lord ,when His lordship is not really being excersized, is a lie, He is not obligated to recognize. Don't be caught before God for identity thieft.
One last thing .
Leave Paul out of it.
Hebrew tradition and Greek culture have nothing to do with this relationship.
Jesus did not teach grace. He taught accountability. check it out.
The point here it not to say you shouldn't obey the commands, because you should, and God gives believers the desire to obey them. The point is to say that if you slip, your salvation is not taken away form you.

Quote:
I don't know, but we were already done here until you decided to resurrect this thread.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 PM

6 posts, read 27,964 times
I am a Christian and I am being slandered online. I want to legally change my name. Is this a lack of faith? and am I blotting out my own name from the book of life? Will Jesus say, "He never knew me," if I go by a different name? I know this might sound silly to some of you--but I am serious. My life has been destroyed by the slander and lies told about me. Is this just God's will and I am supposed to endure it? I have just recently come back from backsliding--is this desire to change my own name an indicator that my name is already blotted out? I know of two instances where Jesus changed the surnames of his followers, with Peter and with James and John. So is it ok to change my name or not? Thanks for your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity