Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 10:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,801,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Not when you quote them to support the true meaning of them.
I see And you prefer being the judge of what the tue meaning is ?

Well, I appreciate everyone's input here. Lot of educated comments and thought out arguments on this thread. It is one of those issues where opinons are divided, but like I said earlier, no one's salvation depends on whether or not they believe in OSAS. It depends on whether or not they are saved.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,801,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So now you are saying your salvation is secure if you died right now. But earlier you said you never claimed to be secure.
That's today, but tomorrow could be a different story.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,958 times
Quote:
So now you are saying your salvation is secure if you died right now. But earlier you said you never claimed to be secure.
Did I say that my salvation is secure Phaze..really...? Let's see...

"If I died right now, I know I will stand before Jesus my King...my Redeemer...my Savior...my Righteous Judge, with my head up, my shoulders squared (if in fact I could stand at all...which I am not quite sure of...with such an awesome God before me...I may tremble from weak knees and fall with arms lifted in praise and worship to my King whom I have waited to see, face to face, for so long now......), and with eyes locked onto His beautiful eyes...with confidence...instead of shame, knowing in my heart, that He knows that I lived for Him, I glorified His holy Name with my life, and did my very best to warn everyone He put in my path to turn away from their iniquities and live their lives according to His word...that I truly love my brothers and my sisters in Christ Jesus. He knows my heart...and He will know."

...nope...didn't mention that at all.

...why are you putting words in my mouth Phaze...this isn't like you...you are struggling today...it is a good thing though.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,964,503 times
Quote:
Did I say that my salvation is secure Phaze..really...? Let's see...
My mistake, if you died right now, you can't with any certainty say you will be in heaven. I got it now.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
you are struggling today
I certainly do not stuggle over the issue of mine or anyone elses security in the hands of God, so really, your analysis might help your own ego out, but it is misplaced.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,958 times
Quote:
My mistake, if you died right now, you can't with any certainty say you will be in heaven. I got it now.
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1 Peter 5:6.

When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
Pr.11:2.

A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.
Pr.29:23.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1 Peter 5:6.

When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
Pr.11:2.

A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.
Pr.29:23.

Like I said, my mistake, I thought you believed that if you died right now you believe you will be in heaven with God. I was wrong and realize you are not sure.

I don't believe any believer should live with such doubt, but there isn't much I can do for those with such doubt except to point them towards the promises of God.

I do not live with that doubt, it has nothing to do with lack of humility or having pride, it is believing in the assurance of the Character of the living God. The best place anyone can be is in the hands of the living God, I believe that, and no one will cause me to doubt it.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,993,801 times
Quote:
Like I said, my mistake, I thought you believed that if you died right now you believe you will be in heaven with God. I was wrong and realize you are not sure.

I don't believe any believer should live with such doubt, but there isn't much I can do for those with such doubt except to point them towards the promises of God.

I do not live with that doubt, it has nothing to do with lack of humility or having pride, it is believing in the assurance of the Character of the living God. The best place anyone can be is in the hands of the living God, I believe that, and no one will cause me to doubt it.
Phl 2:12 ¶ Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Phl 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,720,302 times

Quote:

That's not correct, the bold.... her post not once lead anyone to believe what you are implying about her.....

If anyone on this forum who is deeply secure with their relationship with Jesus Christ and knows definitely where they will be..... heaven or hell, that would be her.... come on phazelwood you know she didn't say anything like what your trying to imply.....

Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Phl 2:12 ¶ Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
My journey is my own and no one elses.

Quote:
Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Phl 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
I do all things with confidence, I might be wrong in areas of my life, but I don't murmur or do anything I have a dispute with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.