Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney
Has anyone who is oppose this "one strike and youre out" idea (which I think is well beyond absurd) mentioned 1 corinthians 5:1-5 yet? Paul offers the possibility of the christian offender who committed adultery against his father as well as incest saved again in the end after being cast out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, much like in Ezekiel, which Verna quotes, the sinner will have to pay a price (while living), but his sould is still eternally saved.
This ^^^ is a LIE.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,801,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No. Not well said. It just tickles your ears and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
God'd word, the truth, makes me feel very good inside.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
If the son was the child of the devil, then obviously the father would have to be the devil, but that is not the case, as the father in the story is God. Lost son, lost coin, lost sheep are all the same.
It would be so nice...so helpful Finn! if you would actually READ! the post I posted! I SAID the father represented GOD!...read it!...

"...His desire was to be independant of his father...spiritually...this shows the desire of his heart was to be independant of God. He was against God...and against Heaven."

Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It would be so nice...so helpful Finn! if you would actually READ! the post I posted! I SAID the father represented GOD!...read it!...
You also said the son was the son of the devil, and that would make the father the devil. Anyway, let's not argue about that. The point is that the son was WITH his father, and then he walked away and then he RETURNED back to his father. He was with God, then away from God, and then with God again, and according to what you have said that should not be possible.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,387,852 times
Sorry but my quote command doesnt work on my phone internet. I have to use it since I have three worship services to play guitar on this morning and thats part of the reason I can only be somewhat in this converstion for the moment.

Actually Verna, I mainly said you didn't have to respond if you didn't want to. I posted that verse because it occurred to me afterward and wanted to see if it had been brought up. And by the way, Paul said there is fornication/or sexual immorality/ or harlotry (depending on your bible translation) AMONG you. I think its quite a stretch to say that none of the immorality was done by actual Christians

Old 12-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You also said the son was the son of the devil, and that would make the father the devil. Anyway, let's not argue about that.
No...let's do! The son (who is a figure of one who is full of pride, and desires to GO HIS OWN WAY! WITHOUT HIS FATHER!) in this circumstance is the son of the devil...and it does not make the father (who is a figure of THE FATHER!) the devil!

I think you just like to type...to type...meaningless words on superficial paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
The point is that the son was WITH his father, and then he walked away and then he RETURNED back to his father. He was with God,...
...but unrepentant...full of pride and full of sin!..a child of the devil.

Quote:
...then away from God,
...was never WITH God at this point...remember Finn...?...I said that God said (and proved it in scripture), that GOD DOES NOT KNOW A WILLFULL SINNER, NOR DOES A WILLFULL SINNER KNOW GOD.

Quote:
...and then with God again,
Nope - hasn't been with God yet...he's been a willfull sinner..God does not know him yet.

Quote:
...and according to what you have said that should not be possible.
...and you've managed to mangle it all up again in your mind Finn...

Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
No...let's do! The son (who is a figure of one who is full of pride, and desires to GO HIS OWN WAY! WITHOUT HIS FATHER!) in this circumstance is the son of the devil...and it does not make the father (who is a figure of THE FATHER!) the devil!

I think you just like to type...to type...meaningless words on superficial paper!

...but unrepentant...full of pride and full of sin!..a child of the devil.

...was never WITH God at this point...remember Finn...?...I said that God said (and proved it in scripture), that GOD DOES NOT KNOW A WILLFULL SINNER, NOR DOES A WILLFULL SINNER KNOW GOD.

Nope - hasn't been with God yet...he's been a willfull sinner..God does not know him yet.

...and you've managed to mangle it all up again in your mind Finn...
Personal opinons and assumptions spiced up with personal stabs.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Personal opinons and assumptions spiced up with personal stabs.
And folks, this ^^^ is what Finn says, and how he reacts when he's been beat by truth and has no other recourse!

God's word, not my opinions.

God's truth given with understanding, not assumptions.

I guess you just bring out the best in people Finn with your rediculous posts...

Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
God's word, not my opinions.

God's truth given with understanding, not assumptions.

I guess you just bring out the best in people Finn with your rediculous posts...
Either the Bible says what you are saying, or it doesn't, and in this case it does not. So, you offer personal opinon and assumption. The story is about the son returning back to where he came from, which in this case if God. He was with God, then he left, and then he repented and came back. Simple.

PS Drop the insults. It's getting a little tiresome to see them in every post you make.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 PM

267 posts, read 298,360 times
Default To build or not to build

Quote:
It specifically says the builder has not lost his/her salvation even if there are no works, or if the works were worthless.
You are interpreting more into it again that is just not present!

1 Corintians 3:10-15
10According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. 11For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. 14If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Where does it specifically say no works? How can you be builder if you DO NOT build.

I am not arguing faith vs works. All I am saying is READ the scripture do not interpret it, where does it say no works?

Slowly but surely we can strip away all the spurious ideas that get added by biased interpretation and actually see what the scripture SAYS.

No where does it actually say salvation cannot be lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity