Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You are wrong. James 2 covers this (willful sin). Romans covers this. Every church I've belonged to has taught that true & genuine salvation results in a changed life.
They do warn against willulf sin. Sin has concequences, but to teach that salvation can be taken away is a false teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM

461 posts, read 481,616 times
Quote:
Wrong!

Ephesians 4

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Jesus said that you have one teacher, the messiah.That is one reason I don't hold Paul as a follower of the son of man because he made up his own rules.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:04 AM

461 posts, read 481,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nothing wrong in studying research done by other people. Surely there are some passages even you struggle to understand, and it is useful to read up and see what conclusions others reached. Read some commentaries, compare them, read the scipture again, pray, read some more and maybe in the end you see the truth. Of course there are some things we won't understand until we die. Even on this forum there are some people who will go their graves fearing that God could take away their salvation, and when they meet the Lord, they will finally learn the truth.
If you don't understand then you don't know the truth(the word of the Lord) and that would contradict that you are a follower of the Lord, since He said if you are truly His disciple you will know the truth. That shows me since people don't know they are not true disciples and therefore are wolves in sheep's clothing.Of course that is not the only reason I came to that conclusion.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,670,992 times
Quote:
You are wrong. James 2 covers this (willful sin). Romans covers this. Every church I've belonged to has taught that true & genuine salvation results in a changed life.
So.....

Can one who is born of God contunue to commit willfull sin and still receive eternal life?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"...to teach that salvation can be taken away is a false teaching.
jimmijj - this is a lie from the pit of hell.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 12-02-2011 at 10:21 AM..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
"...I don't hold Paul as a follower of the son of man because he made up his own rules.
jimmiej - this is a lie from the pit of hell too.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Jesus said that you have one teacher, the messiah.That is one reason I don't hold Paul as a follower of the son of man because he made up his own rules.
Quote:
If you don't understand then you don't know the truth(the word of the Lord) and that would contradict that you are a follower of the Lord, since He said if you are truly His disciple you will know the truth. That shows me since people don't know they are not true disciples and therefore are wolves in sheep's clothing.Of course that is not the only reason I came to that conclusion.
Paul was a true disciple of the Lord...You don't understand the truth - EITHER.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM

267 posts, read 297,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who stand in the truth never lose. The purpose of this thread has been stated quite clearly. It is to provide information concerning the believers eternal security from a doctrinally oriented pastor/teacher for those who have a genuine desire to know and understand that the Bible teaches that the believer can never lose his salvation. It is not about argumentation. It is not about a debate.

It is certainly not about examination, discussion or debate because then this doctrine would be demonstrated to be false as it was in the previous thread.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
It is certainly not about examination, discussion or debate because then this doctrine would be demonstrated to be false as it was in the previous thread.
Exactly.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Then why would Peter confirm Paul's words as Gospel? I think you're wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity