Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:11 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Ho, ho, ho!

~June
Oh, this is a Christmas thread? Well I declare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 03:41 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,296,543 times
Could we seriously keep it on topic, folks? It's not a good idea to take advantage of June's holiday cheer, so let's get this thread back to where it's supposed to be, or the holiday infractions will raise their ugly heads!!!

Signed,
~The Official Board Police.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"I tell you, if you do not turn from your ways and become as a child, you cannot enter into the reign of the heavens."
Unless we become as little children; humble, teachable and free from discrimination, we will in no-wise enter his rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
A child trust's their earthly father and then eventually, hopefully will come under trusting their heavenly Father no matter what..... if He says by showing through His word there is sin in their life there is sin.... therefore that humble child of God will turn with the heart of gratitude, the faith of a child, believing and trusting in repentance given and shown by their Father !!!

As we know a child's heart is a humble, a vulnerable heart.... toward the will of God, they know no difference until taught..... right from wrong !!
Coming to Christ in faith with a teachable heart as I believe what Jesus was saying.... as they know not the truth but will believe in His loving authority for their life....

EVEN, a child whose father being evil, they will believe and obey that evil.....

Throwing that scripture out there with discrimination, fault finding in other's means nothing.... but the foolishness of head knowledge !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What is the will of the Father?

Never be persuaded to do evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The amazing thing is that by God's grace we can "become as little children" even in such a corrupt world.
That's a miracle. Innocent children are not constantly suspicious of ulterior motives.
A child is taught to make a distinction in favor of, or against a person or thing based on the groups; race, gender, class, category of thought or creed to which their teachers' or parent belong.
R
ather than, that which is written within their own heart. For me, the will of the Spirit is to remain free from the discrimination's of others, whose judgment is not sound.

Do children have to be taught to love their parent(s), unconditionally?
Indeed, Heartsong, children are not normally suspicious of the motivations that reside within others.

"Our heart and head knowledge is to be free of ambiguities."

Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 AM

7,080 posts, read 12,369,581 times
Quote:
"Who is my mother?
Earth and the stars (aka, the "heavens")
Quote:
and who are my brethren?"
Every conscious living creature both on and off of Earth.
Quote:
My brothers are those of them that believe...
Such thinking has been the cause of many wars here on Earth; "you are NOT my 'brother' if you don't believe as I do".
Quote:
For us to coexists no matter our race, religion (or non-religion), sexual orientation, or political view. Maybe one day, we'll get there.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
"...whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Mathew 12:

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Never be persuaded to do evil.
Moderator cut: delete
Amen, once again, Verna !!
Thank you for always bringing the truth of God's word to those who truly desire to learn more about the things, love, will of our God !!
Even if the believers don't always agree on some issues of doctrine there still is the love and unity of the Spirit of God in their midst...... amen !!

Keep on, Keepin' on speaking the word, truth.... you just never know in whom God will bring along to read.....
For our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ is faithful and will accomplished the will of the Father bringing many to be son's and daughter's of the Most High God, amen !!

Rest in His peace, sweet child of the Most High God !!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-14-2011 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: does not address the op

Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,671,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Verna !!
Moderator cut: orphaned
Amen, once again, Verna !!
Thank you for always bringing the truth of God's word to those who truly desire to learn more about the things, love, will of our God !!
Even if the believers don't always agree on some issues of doctrine there still is the love and unity of the Spirit of God in their midst...... amen !!

Keep on, Keepin' on speaking the word, truth.... you just never know in whom God will bring along to read.....
For our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ is faithful and will accomplished the will of the Father bringing many to be son's and daughter's of the Most High God, amen !!

Rest in His peace, sweet child of the Most High God !!
I love you Curly ...so much.

Thank you...and everything you said to me...back at you! Double!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-14-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity