Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 AM

376 posts, read 419,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Dear Reader,

ATTRIBUTE = CHARACTERISTIC

The wrath of God IS an attribute of God. It is as much a part of God as any other attribute.
True. But the next question you should ask yourself: Which attribute will prevail? Which one is dominant?
Hitler was a warm caring man in certain family situations. He was a monster when doing his daily stuff. Both were Hitlers attributes.
Mother Teresa was gentle loving person. I'm sure sometimes she got angry. Both were her attributes.
Does that mean Mother Teresa and Adolph Hitler had the same characther?

Attributes are not only about having them but also how dominant they were.
Mother Teresa wrath atribute was expressed by a few strong words.
Hitlers wrath attribute was expressed by endless numbers of transports to death camps.

Do God's attributes express themself like Hitler or Mother Teresa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The window of opportunity runs out at the point of physical death. After that, it is to late. Universalism is not good news, but is a lie from Satan.
Are a member of the Sanhedrin Mike? Those guys also attributed Jesus' teachings to satan.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:38 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
True....
Actually it's not true. God, as well as His divine nature and character, are eternal. They do not change:

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD , I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Now compare that unchangeable nature of God with this:

Isa 57:16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

Mic 7:18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Wrath and anger are not divine attributes of God. At least not in the sense of being eternal. Both are acts of limited duration (as scripture clearly tells us) that are tempered with mercy and love, it's ultimate goal, which scripture also tells us: God IS.

God delights in mercy, as scripture proclaims. To state otherwise is really to slander God's Good character.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Actually it's not true.
I think you completly misunderstood my post. (or just read the first word)

Old 05-04-2012, 03:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Even the unbelieving Jews weren't so dense, they knew exactly what he meant ......
they had just protested the fact that Jesus implied that they were " illegitimate children," and outright " liarsâ€
(Jesus): Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.
( illegitimate children," \ " liars): “We are not illegitimate children,†they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.â€
(Jesus): "He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.â€
Jesus who claimed to be the God (I am), said: Philippians 3:2, Revelation 22:15, Revelation 14:10, John 3:36, Matthew 25:31-46

\\\\\ pcamps ... the next time you read the Bible, read John 8:31-58 without photo shopping it to get your "love" meaning. You might even surprise yourself)
Lol

You really hate the concept of God being Love. The scripture teaches that Love is the Greatest, it teaches that Greater Love as no man than what was made known through Jesus Christ, David the psalmist boasts in God's love and mercy in many of his songs, and here you are mocking it and downgrading it, because you still have not understood the good news and believed upon Jesus Christ.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Tonight, I lost a dear, dear friend. He was young. He was healthy, and God took him unexpectedly. I am in shock and so very sad.

My friend wasn't a christian.

Katie
Maybe he wasn't a Christian according to man's understanding. But one thing's for sure: he was a child of God, simply because God created him, and He does not abandon His children. He is the Good Shepherd.

You feel sadness; you cared about him very much.
Do you think that the Lord who made him and formed his soul, cares any less?
No, the Lord cares and has always cared about him. Be assured, my friend, that your friend will be rejoined to the Lord and rejoice in Him, just as you and I do now.

With love,
brian

Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Tonight, I lost a dear, dear friend. He was young. He was healthy, and God took him unexpectedly. I am in shock and so very sad.

My friend wasn't a christian.

Katie
Sorry for your loss, Katie. Your friend was also his mother's son. There was a time many years ago when I was tormented by every report of death when I believed that a person's salvation depended on a "right time" decision. Back then I used to read the gospel and I always wondered why Jesus never seemed in a hurry to get somewhere or speak to everyone. He obviously knew that he would lose nothing that the Father had given him. He was not bound by time, and that is obviously proved by the fact that he didn't even come into the world until "the fullness of time". He knew he was the savior of the whole world, even those who died before he was born and all those who would be born after he was crucified. I used to grieve constantly over all the people (including my own father) who I was taught were lost and who would "burn in hell forever". I'm so thankful that I will never believe such an awful thing again. It would be impossible for me to ever be taken back to such a carnal notion. I still fear losing people to death, particularly my children, but not because of a belief in hell. It is simply that I do not want to be separated from them and I also worry about how they may suffer some sort of violence or injury. But, there's nothing I can do about anything that might happen, so I usually turn the worrisome thoughts off as soon as I realize I am letting them creep in and steal my joy.

A few days ago I had typed a response to you in one of the univeralism threads but I accidentally lost it before it got posted and I didn't have time to go back and retype it at the time.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What a barrage of hate
There is a feature in the forum settings where you can set a member on your 'ignore' list which enables you to never see their posts. Just thought you might want to know.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
There is a feature in the forum settings where you can set a member on your 'ignore' list which enables you to never see their posts. Just thought you might want to know.
Thanks Heartsong.

All he's doing is kicking against the goads, persecuting himself. There is no life, joy and peace in what he believes.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 AM

811 posts, read 809,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I will never understand why religious people despise God's mercy. It is incomprehensible. People who are motivated by fear do not understand the love of God. They really do not.
It's a sad side if the human condition
God is love, man is not
What a sick and twisted view some have of our LOVING God. Some day even ETers will see the true mission and purpose of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity